“Way better than expected...highly recommend”

Savor the Lowcountry
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A fun and flavorful afternoon as we embark on a walking tour of the Lowcountry's best dining spots and specialty gourmet shops. Along the way you will learn interesting tidbits about the area's rich history and walk away with memories that you will savor for a lifetime.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 attraction reviews
“Way better than expected...highly recommend”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I was on a family vacation and we all decided to join the tour. Food was exceptional and so much. My 10 year old loved the hummas at Daniels and I thought my 8 year old would never stop eating!! But what I liked best was learning the history of the island. Go early in the week so you have time to go back to all the great restaurant s we visited.

Visited August 2013

Naples, Florida
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“A great way to taste a variety of restaurants & make new friends along the way!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We were dressed for the weather and the walking was easy. Our entire group of 12 was dressed very casual for this hot afternoon. Thankfully, we were extended the courtesy of dining inside at all but Vine and the air conditioning was a welcome relief as the afternoon progressed. We got off to a fabulous start at Daniel's. Unbelievable interior woodwork in this chic, upscale steakhouse featuring a tapas style menu. The 2 interior bars are works of art in their craftsmanship and the dishes we tried did not disappoint ~ Pita & Hummus and their signature Cinnamon Lamb Kabobs were outstanding! Next, we were off to Bomboras Grille where we enjoyed delicious Pulled Pork Sliders, Shrimp & Grits, Soup & Salad (all served family style) - seriously, a lot of food that was very, very good. Really friendly server who was patient as some of us perused their extensive craft beer selection. The Fox Barrel Pear Cider was particularly refreshing. Next stop, It's Greek to Me. Calamari, Spanakopita, Greek Salad, all great if Greek food is your thing. All I can say is the Calamari was excellent and I picked at the rest of the plate. Several in our party cleaned their plates so that speaks for itself. Sangria was good but pricey @ $9.00. Excited to head to Vine next as we had almost booked a dinner reservation there. 3 tabletops to seat 4 each were awaiting us outside. We were offered a glass of Rose' or Pinot Grigio after being told that Rose's are really on their way back, gaining in popularity, yada yada. Server had 1 bottle of each, well naturally the Rose' was polished off right away and when we asked 'now what?' our server said "that's it, they'll have to have the Pinot Grigio. One person from our table felt so bad that the other table was left with the Pinot Grigio that she passed her glass of Rose' over to them. The Bruschetta (cherry tomato halves, basil, garlic, olive oil with a drizzle of balsamic) was exceptional. After we finished our glass of wine & Bruschetta we were invited inside to look at the bar. By this point, we all are seriously full as we head to Sweet Carolina Cupcakes. Lucky for us, Alice let us each make our own selection from the tempting offerings. No one in our party of 12 ate their cupcake on the spot, we all took them home for a special treat later. Delicious food, new friends and Alice providing history of HHI, you can't go wrong with that!

2 Thank Dawn S
Ocoee, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great food. Great fun.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I took a group of five women (including me) on the Savor the Lowcountry Food Tour. I decided to take this tour based on the other positive reviews that I had seen on Trip Advisor and I was not disappointed. Alice was friendly, knowledgeable, and obviously passionate about the food. You could tell that she had a relationship with the owners, servers, and chefs which made me more excited about what they had to offer. I loved that she incorporated some history of the island into the tour but it wasn't overwhelming and didn't overshadow the true reason we were all there... the food! If I had to pick a favorite I'd say Bomboras was the highlight of the tour for me. Everything they served was delicious. But, of course, Sweet Carolinas Cupcakes was definitely worth the indulgence. We were all going to take our cupcakes home, but in the end (even though we were stuffed) we couldn't resist just digging in right there. If you go on this tour, wear comfy shoes, dress for the weather (because it did get quite warm walking to the restaurants and at one location we did sit outside), and come hungry! Many thanks to Alice for this wonderful and tasty break from the beach!

1 Thank Kate K
Alice R, Owner at Savor the Lowcountry, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Thank you, Kate! So enjoyed touring with y'all. Loved sharing my favorite dining spots and Hilton Head history with you. Hope you were able to get back to Bomboras Grille for lunch or dinner.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Savor the Lowcountry Food Tour”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Just wonderful! Our tour guide Alice was so sweet and shared with us her love of food with enthusiasm. Nice size portions were given at each of the restaurants. Really enjoyed the three hours of eating, learning about Hilton Head and sharing with others.

Columbia, South Carolina, United States
“Yum!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

We have also been coming to HHI for years and discovered this tour this year. We are always looking for new and exciting places to eat and this tour delivered. We sampled food from 5 restaurants that we had never been to and ate the most amazing hummus from Daniels. The cupcakes were also delicious from Sweet Carolina Cupcakes. We liked the food so much we brought the family back the very next day to eat at Flatbread and Sweet Carolina.

Visited June 2013