“FUNNNNNN”

ZipLine Hilton Head
Ranked #1 of 13 Fun & Games in Hilton Head
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A fun, thrilling zipline canopy tour, part of Broad Creek Marina Adventures, in the heart of Hilton Head Island. Approximately a 2 hour adventure, flying over & through massive live oaks & pines, looking out at glistening Broad Creek, the boats, marshes & dolphins. We feature 8 ziplines & 2 suspension bridges with heights to 75ft. You're harnessed & helmeted. Ages 10 & older; weight 80 lbs to 250 lbs.
Chicago, Illinois
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“FUNNNNNN”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was great fun! The guides were fun and patient with the learning, but in the end Ziplining is super easy - it was our first time. It is expensive, but fortunately our hotel said they had a discount because it was the off season. I do hate the awkwardness of tipping after paying a high price for something, but understand it is what it is. We only had a larger bill and gave it to one of them without much opportunity to say it was for both of them. I saw them split the money later, but the one that didn't get our tip personally said goodbye to everyone except us when he left - oops, sorry for the confusion. But it's sad to see there is such an expectation as well.
So the only advice - bring a few smaller bills as there will always be two guides for this.

1 Thank SharonTheBaron

Hilton Head, South Carolina
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“YIPPEE”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Wow this was quite a ride .. it is VERY safe and the guides are VERY attentive to your safety at all times. For me this was a test of sorts. I am extremely afraid of heights and when I saw how high some of the platforms are ... I wasn't sure I could do it. The zips get longer as you go along, and there are two sets of about 88 stairs that you have to climb .... but the view from the top is awesome (if you can keep your eyes open)

After the first (and shortest) zip I landed on the platform trembling and tearful and hugging the tree. But they kept encouraging me and I never felt rushed to leave the platform. The next few zips landed us on platforms with no railings - thank goodness for the trees but you are ALWAYS attached by your tether to a guide wire - you really can't fall off. My problem was that initial liftoff - my feet always seemed glued to the platform. But I made it all the way to the top and back!

We had the winter discount and a small group of four which made the time go quickly ... I can't say that I would do it again but I would definitely recommend that you give it a try at least once. Face your fears if you dare.... but if you have a bad back or are pregnant - don't go.

They also have a short race zip at the end that you can also do separately as a less expensive and much quicker alternative.

1 Thank bebeblu
Minneapolis, Minnesota
100 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Small group, great guides”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This was my first zipline experience, and I now have the confidence to do even more. The guides were excellent. I am not afraid of heights, but sometimes doing new things can be scary for somebody in their 50's. Overall the guides really make the experience - the views are fun but not overwhelming. Since it was off-season we only had five in the group so we moved along pretty quickly. I would go back and do this again.

1 Thank Beth_sage
Buffalo, New York
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Excellent! Amazing!! Must do!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was so excited to do this. I found a video of the zipline tour on youtube.com, which helped me make my decision. I tend to have some fears of heights, but I thought I had calmed my own fears. It was a bit tough to make the reservation, because there was a discount advertised on their website. On checkout, the discount was not given as it was stated it would be. I had to call the next morning, and the representative credited the promotional discount back to our credit card.

Be prepared! They zip rain or shine. It was chilly on the day that we zipped, and I was prepared with a warm jacket and a down vest. Leather gloves are provided. I was glad that it was chilly, as I couldn't imagine using someone else's sweaty gear, hat, and gloves during the summer.

Our two guides were outstanding. I think their names were Mel and Jeremy. We got a safety lesson and then a practice zip. When we got up to the top of the first real zip, I almost had a nervous breakdown. I ended up needing to go last, so that I could see that the others survived the first zip. When I was finally up, I couldn't do it. I almost climbed back down the steps of shame to quit. Mel suggested that we go tandem this first time. That was what I needed. Once I got over the first zip, the others were exhilerating, but still a little scarey. I think that is how it was meant to be. The view from two of the zip towers is spectacular! There is a race zip at the very end. That was fun!

This is a must do. Even after being terrified at the beginning, I would definitely do this tour every time. Great fun and great guides who made sure things were safe every step/zip of the way. I had great confidence in them and the facility.

This can be expensive, though. High season the fee is $90 per person. We had a thirty percent discount.

There are two porta potties there for patrons. Actually there were real toilets and sinks in the potties. Thank goodness, because I hate porta potties.

Visited December 2012
3 Thank joyousmoments
NYC
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Ok - but not what was expected”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

Having zip lined in other places over ravines and in rain forests, we knew it wouldn't be quite that, however it was disappointing to say the least. In my opinion, it's not as nature oriented as I would like it to be. Also, it's more of a "rah rah" who can go faster and or yell louder. I will say, it's ok for first timers, or beginners maybe.

Visited August 2012