“At Last, Hilton Head has a real Indian restaurant.”
Review of Fusion - CLOSED

Fusion
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Grill
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Near Sea Pines Circle in the Gallery of Shops
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Fusion is better than my neighborhood Indian restaurant in New York, and at least as good as my favorite Indian restaurant in L.A. And it's here, on Hilton Head Island, where by some quirk we haven't had a viable Indian restaruant in the 11 years I've lived here. (One brief attempt was overpriced and bowdlerized.) Strange that such a restaurant-heavy destination should be without this excellent cuisine for so long.

With Fusion, though we have a real one now. The food is excellent, the service is courteous and knowledgable and the atmosphere is serene. Long live Fusion. (Wonder how they say "y'all come" in India.) - Michael

1  Thank Michael W
There are newer reviews for Fusion

Reviewed March 1, 2013

I took my girlfried to this restaurant in Hilton Head on Valentine's Day. We made reservations over the phone and I was pleased to speak with the very polite person on the other end. The restaurant offered a special "prix fixe" menu but we chose from the regular offerings. I had the Tandoori Salmon and she had her favorite, Chicken Tikka Masala. The ambience is relaxed with the music being just a little too loud for a soft conversation. The wait staff was a little stretched but did a good job keeping up with the orders, especially on a busy night like February 14th. The food was EXCELLENT. The salmon was flaky and tender and very well flavored with the tandoori taste and aroma of the clay oven. I had never had salmon in the tandoor form and have now become a big fan of it. The rice was perfectly cooked as well. We were a little disappointed that they were not serving gulab jamun or kheer that night. However, the kulfi dessert was creamy and very flavorful. We will definitely go back and try other entrees next time.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

We were a party of 4 Brits Visiting fusion for the second time during a short visit to Hilton Head. Even by British standards the Indian food served was exceptional. The tandoori lamb chops were amazing and chefs Bengali seafood symphony is highly recommended.

One piece of advice we would give is to be careful on the spice level. When they say spicy - they mean it!

The chef has a skill in balancing the flavours in his cuisine. We'll certainly revisit when we come back on another golfing trip.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This is a restaurant you should not miss in the Island ..!! We had the lamb shank and the bacon wrapped shrimp, both were out of the world. The service was quick and they had a full bar. Will definitely come back here on my next trip

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Wow!!! I can't say enough about Fusion and I'm definitely hooked! Everything on the menu looks so wonderful that it was difficult to choose,but we started out with the sizzling tandoori broccoli, which had garam masala, cheese, bell peppers and onions and was absolutely amazing! As delicious as it was, I can't wait to return to try the beef tacos and the samosas!!!! Then we had the paneer tikka masala and the chicken vindaloo, which was deliciously spicy with quite a kick! The garlic naan was excellent as well! To end this magnificent meal, we had the amazing Austrian strudel with vanilla ice cream and strawberries!!! The staff was friendly and attentive and the owner actually served our food and was very gracious and patient with our questions. It's definitely five star!!! My only regret is last night was the first time I have been to Fusion...but the first of many visits to come!!!