“Best Yoga Instructors on the Island”
Review of Jiva Yoga Center

Jiva Yoga Center
More attraction details
Owner description: Yoga is Community. At Jiva we are committed to inspire and empower you on your journey to wholeness in health and wellbeing thru the practice of Yoga. Whether you are a beginner or more experienced you will find your place. Our commitment is to help you develop a lifelong yoga practice and to experience the transformational and wellness shifts that the yoga lifestyle offers.Each of our teachers are highly certified to help guide you on your path of the practice. We offer something for everyone! Vinyassa Flow, Yin Yoga, Gentle Yoga, and Massage Therapy.In addition to offering classes 7 days a week, we offer private yoga sessions, yoga on the beach, Stand Up Paddle Board Yoga classes. Ongoing workshops are offered to take your practice to a deeper level. We give back to the Community by offering community Yoga classes with all donations going to local charities.
Dayton, Ohio
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Best Yoga Instructors on the Island”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Jiva offers classes for all levels. Their instructors are outstanding. Thoroughly trained, knowledgable and committed to yoga practice that goes beyond just physical exercise and encourages you to go beyond what you think are your limits. Very friendly, supportive environment.

Visited October 2012
3 Thank JimCrotty
Donielle14, Manager at Jiva Yoga Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
Such a wonderful review! We're thankful you took the time to give us your kind words, we hope you'll be back at the studio soon! (sorry for the belated response, just now figuring Tripadvisor review responses)

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“helpfull hands”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

jean and vikki are so helpfull in macking you relax and feel great.they also have a great charity yoga class,doing good for the community,those are my type of gals.

1 Thank hannah g
Thank you for your kind words! We hope we'll see you around the studio soon!

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Yoga drop in.”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

Love the vibe at this yoga studio. Have dropped in every time I visit, the island. Classes range from beginners to advanced. Great staff always friendly and welcoming.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank JoleneFo
So great to hear, and a big thank you for taking the time to write us a review! Hopefully we'll be seeing you around the studio again soon!

Manassas, Virginia
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Love this place!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

I bought a 10 visit package several weeks prior to coming to Hilton Head. I had been doing yoga on the beach previously but was looking for something different without all the sand. I was so pleased with this find. The Center is a community of wonderful people who are grounded and not "over the top" yogis. The facility is very nice. The instructors are wonderful. Everyone was very welcoming and patient. I must admit that some of the classes were rigorous but I never felt out of place. The instructors are great with helping you to find the poses just right for you. The classes can get very full, especially the 9AM class. I enjoyed the 60 min 7:30 AM class. Be prepared to sweat! I look forward to returning next year. Thanks Jean, Vicki, Ken and Yana!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank mikelynxx
What a nice review! Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know about your experience! We hope we'll be seeing you again soon!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“best Yoga studio ever”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I have lived on Hilton Head my whole life, and have been practicing yoga on and off for about ten years. I used to do Rodney Yee tapes daily. I have been going to Jiva on and off (when I was home from college) for about six years now, and the studio is fantastic. Everyone is always super friendly and warm, and each class has enabled me to learn further about my personal practice, spiritually and physically.
Specifically, Yana Guseva is awesome! I go to her super early Wednesday 7:30am class, but by the time 8:30 whips around, I am so energized, I'm ready to tackle the day! I love love love her class, I wish she had more of the 7:30am-ers throughout the week!
All of the teachers I have practiced with are outstanding. If you're going to do yoga anywhere in the Hilton Head area, go to Jiva!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank CCraver
What a great review! So sorry we're delayed in responding, just now figuring Tripadvisor out! Hopefully we'll be seeing you around the studio soon! Thanks so much for taking the time to extend your kind words!

Doniele