“Best pie I've had thus far in the South - trust me.”
Review of Paulie's Coal Fired Pizza - CLOSED

Paulie's Coal Fired Pizza
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for good pizza on one of our nights on the island and found this restaurant. It was very clean and not very busy. The staff was very good and the pizza was even better. You can't beat a coal fired oven for pizza-period. We had the Traditional and the White and both were exceptional. Thin crust very good sauce and cooked perfectly. The only reason this place doesn't get 5 stars is because the plates and cups need to be replaced. Most of ours, though clean, had chips on the edges. Other than that it rivals some of the best pizza I've had in NYC.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

I took 6 people and no one had anything nice to say except the beer was cold. I am a pizza lover. I left half .. I wouldn't even take it home. I picked off the awful meatballs (dry and strange tasting). My $6 salad was way overpriced... no cheese. one cherry tomato. 6 baby garbanzos.

The tables for 6 really only seat 4. We were all uncomfortable.

Thank goodness there are good pizza restaurants on the island.

2  Thank NolanMoore
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Not only is the pizza second to none, but the entrees, salads, sandwiches, and deserts were all incredible! Everyone was extremely friendly and looked happy to be there! Great atmosphere and good music selection! 5 stars with out a doubt!

Apc2889, Owner at Paulie's Coal Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Wow I'm glad you guys enjoyed your visit to Paulies. Thank you for the great review, it's nice to hear that you enjoyed our product because we put a lot of pride into our food. We hope to see you guys soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

Great pizza and atmosphere. Enjoyed our pizza on the patio. Nice background music--not too loud. A place to relax and have a conversation without having to scream to be heard. Servers and staff were outstanding, friendly and helpful.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

Atmosphere was great but that was about it. My calzone came out 10 minutes before my hubbys plate did. not cool! We ordered cheese sticks and after waiting 15 minutes for our water and appetizer the waitress said they were out of cheese sticks..(it was like noon time and No one else was in there) so its not like they had a mad rush...just saying! Calzone had almost no meat, and was way too expensive for a hunk of fluffy dough. Hubby said his parm was good but certianly nothing to write home about.

Apc2889, Owner at Paulie's Coal Fired Pizza, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We take a lot of pride in our food and use only the best Ingredients. Our calzones are different from the ones served in most pizzerias, we use fresh ricotta, mozzarella, pecorino Romano and olive oil. This is a Brooklyn style way of making a calzone. We have hired all new staff and I believe your server was training because we do not offer fried mozzarella sticks to adults it is on the kids menu only, and I apologize about the long wait for the server to tell you (this will be addressed with them immediately) we would love for you guys to try us again , and if you do decide to give us another shot please ask for andrew and I will give you guys a credit for your troubles.

Andrew Carrabba