“Pleasant Surprise-Great Pizza”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was our first trip to Paulie's. What a surprise! It was the best pizza we had in a long time. We enjoyed it so much that we ate there twice during our stay in Hilton Head. On our first visit, we had a lunch-sized pizza. The crust is thin, just the way we like it. We went back for dinner with some friends and ordered pizza again. It was very good but a little under cooked. The service at dinner could have been better. We had a newer waiter, but he tried hard to please. Paulie's will be a regular stop for us.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I visited Pauleys with 3 other people on 2/2/2013. I ordered Blacken Chicken topped with Fettuccine Alfredo.. When our food arrived I was told the kitchen was out of fettuccine so the kitchen substituted rigatoni . He didn't ask if that was ok. I thought, what Italian resaurant is out of fettaccine at 7 Pm on a Saturday night Not wanting to insist on another meal: I said nothing. The plate was full of rigatonis and stripes of chicken but very little sauce. The sauce was watery and sparse so when he came by, I asked for some Alfredo sauce on the side. I commented that there was not enough sauce. His reply was, "Yes, there is enough sauce. See there is some on the edge of your plate". He did get me more watery sauce on the side with no comment.
This waiter never introduced himself to us and made little or no eye contact. It was not a very positive dining expierence.

On a positive note the restaruant had very good KeyLime Pie.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We have been to Paulie's many times. The food has always been very good. When we visited in December our experience was not as positive. The room was very cold as was the pizza. This was our first visit during the off season. It was obvious they had cut back on staff. The staff working the front were not servers by profession. They were unable to keep up with the four tables with customers. We will wait until tourist season to return.

Reviewed February 5, 2013

My friend and I had an anti pasta for two and shared a pizza. Very happy with everything. This is good pizza. My only reservation is the price. With two beers the bill came to $60 with tip. I guess it's in line with every other place down here. So if you don't mind the price you will enjoy the pizza.

Reviewed February 2, 2013

We have tried every pizza place on the island, and this is it. We LOVE this pizza! We always order the original...simple mozzarella, which is just perfect, but I have had the BLT pizza and some friends had something with figs...they loved it ! the BLT is really wonderful, we will order for sure when the weather warms up and we are craving fresh food. But for now, when it is cold, and we want healthy comfort food...Paulie's pizza is it. Not greasy, perfect crust, and a super fresh sauce that is just right. Mmmmmm, mmm good! We do worrry as the restaurant is often empty, but we have a small child, so often eat far too early to be social, so hopefully they are busy enough to keep in business. If you are a visitor to HHI, skip the nasty delivery, Call in an order togo for Paulies, and you will not be disapointed!