“Bad food and inadequately trained server”
Review of Outback Steakhouse - CLOSED

Outback Steakhouse
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Hilton Head Outback Steakhouse location.
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This was without a doubt the worst meal we have ever had at an Outback. There were four of us and two had ordered their steaks medium. They came out well overlooked to the point of chewing like very tough steaks. My prime rib was hard to cut and impossible to chew. Second piece was almost raw, though I had ordered it medium. Again, too tough to eat. The only decent meal was the chicken breast. To be fair, the manager comped all of our meals, but I would rather have had a good meal. He was pleasant and accommodating and that was probably the only positive thing about our experience here.

Reviewed June 13, 2013

After going to the local Carrabba's (which I won't return to) we were hoping for a better experience. We were not disappointed. In fact, the hosts and servers were wonderfully attentive and our meals were delicious. This is our third year vacationing at Hilton Head Island and coming to Outback Steakhouse has become a tradition.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

Arrived 8 ish after a long day of driving finding it 2/3 full. Was seated immediately and the staff quickly took drink orders etc. The cocktail was good, the food was hot, and delivered in a timely manner. (the waitress even apologized for how long it took, but it wasn't long). My wife said it was the best Tilapia that she had had in quite a while. No complaints from the kids (which is rare). Typical pricing for a steakhouse, its not cheap but no complaints.

1  Thank Bruce G
Reviewed June 6, 2013

We had a very good experience at this Outback. We were seated quickly even with a large group. The staff and manager were very friendly. The food was very good. This is one of the cleanest restaurants I've seen; the wood floors and booths simply shined. If you are looking to go down under in Hilton Head this is the place.

1  Thank Craig C
Reviewed June 6, 2013

I must admit I am a fan of Outback and have never had a bad experience in 10+ years until now. This was my first time eating at a location in Hilton Head. I have always ate at Outback in several other cities in other states. Hilton Head location surprised me...food was ok. Terriyaki Medallions was overly marinated, tasted old. The Filet with Mushroom Sauce and mash potatoes was actually good. Service was poor - I think the waiter was new to this job. He was friendly but seemed overwhelmed by his table load and waited until we were almost done with the meal to deliver condiments and even refills of water. Used dishes were left on our table throughout meal. Lesson learned - I should have listened the previous reviews of this particular location.