“Sooooo calming” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seeds of Calm Spa

Seeds of Calm Spa
“Sooooo calming”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was referred to Dorine several years ago by a friend, and I have been a fan ever since. She and her staff are excellent massage therapists and aestheticians-- so much so that we refer our own clients and guests (we own a local boutique vacation rental company) to Seeds of Calm Spa. Ok, the structure of that last sentence might be off, but the sentiment is genuine. My personal resolution for 2014 is to make massage therapy a more regular part of my crazy life, and this spa is my therapy venue of choice!

“Exceptional massage experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

Doreen was exceptional. I get regular massages at home in Pittsburgh- and because I travel for a living, I've been fortunate to visit some of this country's best spas. Doreen is one of the best massage therapists I've been to. I recently relocated to HHI and plan to make this my regular massage therapy "home." Great experience. I left feeling refreshed and energized.
-Pam

“Awesome as Usual”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

I called at the last minute for an appointment and as usual, they went out of their way to accommodate me. I was able to schedule 2 1/2 hours of services for today and I was greeted with a warm welcome when I arrived. Doreen has years of experience and she uses it to make sure your problem areas are addressed. I left feeling relaxed and rejuvinated. I will be back! Love this place.

Bluffton, South Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Terrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2014

I'm a lifelong resident of Hilton Head Island and I will NEVER recommend this spa to anyone I know. My husband got me a package of mani, pedi, facial and prenatal massage for my birthday and took the day off of work to watch our daughter, while I was supposed to have a relaxing day at Seeds of Calm. Everything was ok until my first treatment (massage) when I was informed that the other person to be performing services wasn't there yet but was assured she would be. I was made to wait on multiple occasions in the massage room while disrobed. I was then moved from the massage room to the lounge/lobby after being given a robe, to wait some more. I was told that the person to be performing my facial did not know about the appointment but that she had been called and a message left. More waiting. Then told the employee was on her way. More waiting. Then I was placed on the phone with the employee who told me she would NOT be coming at that moment but was asked to return later in the day or to reschedule.

Needless to say, I was beyond disappointed being that I was pregnant and was very excited about what was supposed to be a relaxing day. The owner NEVER called to apologize though I was told she was informed of the situation by the masseuse. My husband had to try to obtain resolution from the owner only to be met with a bunch of excuses and ill attempt to rectify the situation, which included the owner trying to charge us full price for the services we hadn't even obtained yet in exchange for a gift certificate for those services and a free body scrub. Bad business, bad management, bad experience. Stay away!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Rachel W
CHowardAugusta, Owner at Seeds of Calm Spa, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We are very sorry for the scheduling mishap that prevented your wife from receiving all of the spa services you ordered for her birthday. Though your lovely wife did receive her pregnancy massage, unfortunately, on the day of her visit, she was not able to also experience the facial and manicure plus pedicure you wanted her to have. She was not charged for her massage. Right after your wife's massage our Esthetician spoke via phone with her and then came quickly to the spa that your wife could have the rest of her treatments, but, she had left.

As was shared with you on the very day of the mishap (I now have the phone bill with date and time in hand) a mistake was made by our scheduler due to an unusual 3 days spent at the bedside of a beloved family member receiving chemotherapy. Her duties became 10 fold during that time as was explained to you from the bottom of her heart.

Regarding your explanation of the credit card transaction, jeopardizing personal and professional integrity and charging a client without their knowledge would be unethical and we would never and have never done business in this fashion.

Having been in business for a long time, feeling connected and compassionate to all people, and loving the work we do, leaves no room for making foolish conflicts in a mature life. Generally speaking, for 2 people to have different perceptions of a given event does happen all too often. It is a problem for our world and for all of us.

We did our best to make things better that your wife could receive the gift certificate and were extremely proactive in attempting to communicate and negotiate with you so that we could gift your wife with an additional spa treatment as I shared with you via phone.

We want all good things for you and your family, and hope you can forgive us.
Hudson, Ohio
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“girls spa day - birthday present SUCCESS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

for my wife's birthday, treated my wife, two daughters, and friend to girl's spa day. Doreen and staff were terrific and the girls loved the experience! My wife said she would go back the next time in town. Thank you Seeds of Calm!!

Visited December 2013