“Gotta get away from the snow!”

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We had reservations at the Red Roof Inn in Pigeon Forge TN. The Sunday before we were to arrive, we had 7 inches of snow. It was cold and miserable. They were predicting snow in TN so we decided to cancel our reservations and go to the Red Roof Inn at Hilton Head Island instead. Great decision!!! We had sunshine, blue skies and temperature near 50. We walked on the beach, sat in the sunshine, and enjoyed the area shopping and dining. The hotel was very conveniently located. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and clean. The price was reasonable. We had a great time. Wish we could have stayed longer. Driving home we started seeing snow on the sides of the road about 2 hours into our trip. We wanted to turn around and go back to the beach, but had to return to work the next day. We will definitely return to the Red Roof Inn at Hilton Head very soon. Have already told my friends about it!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank waynesgirl
There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island

Reviewed January 13, 2011

Came to Red Roof Inn to see our son graduate from Parris Island MCRD. Our trip was an arduous one to say the least. Showing up at the hotel was surprising, very pleasing to the eye. Upon check in, the manager on duty, Shawn, was very kind and courteous. Was given an upgrade with no extra charge or problems. The manager even called our room a little while later to see if the room was acceptable and if there was anything he could do to make our visit more pleasant. The room was very spacious, clean and even the colors and art in the room were nice. Flat screen tvs were a hit with our son but the beds were a hit with us all!! Very comfortable. Just might be the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept on and that is saying something. As I have done some extensive traveling in my time.
I just want to thank Red Roof Inn for the great room and for making a long trip into a vacation for us.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank MarineParents10
Reviewed October 27, 2010

I stayed at this hotel in September while I was traveling for work. The outside of the hotel looks gross. It looked like it needed a good pressure wash. There were HUGE spiders, squirrels, and stray cats all over the place. Once inside my room the first impression was okay, but as I got settled I started to notice things. There were cobwebs in the corners, the microwave had dried up chunks of food from a previous guest. The inside of the fridge could use some attention too. My remote control did not work (it would jump 6 channels at a time) and the Air Conditioner ran non-stop all night. The most disturbing thing is I woke up with bites all over me the next morning. I suspect it was bed bugs. I tried speaking to the manager (a stout gentleman), who dismissed my complaints as if I was not telling the truth. I did not want compensation, just wanted to make sure he was aware of the problems I had during my stay. However, he did not seem interested and spoke to me in an accusatory manner as if I was just saying this to get a refund. Property needs some attention...starting with management!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
3  Thank ncdani
Reviewed October 12, 2010

Within 2 miles of beach, nice neighborhood, newly refurbished, and dog friendly.
And wow, a great price too. Excellent !! This will always be my Hilton Head hotel
of choice !!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank thepolarbear
Reviewed October 10, 2010

Went on a budget trip and gambled on Red Roof Inn. Didn't expect much when we pulled in, as the exterior needs a face lift. However the interior was very clean and updated. It's good for a night or two at the most. Surprised us with a limited continental breakfast which was not listed. I would recommend if on a tight budget and need somewhere clean. Front desk was friendly.

• Stayed: September 2010
1  Thank jodi_b_fun
Reviewed October 6, 2010

As a woman travelling alone to visit my daughter working on the island I need good access and facilities at a reasonable cost.The Red Roof hotel was in a good position for access to the main road through the island but not affected by traffic noises. Motel style accommodation meant you did not have to keep going through reception and through endless corridors .Parking is free ( not so at many of the other islands pricier hotels, important for me wanting money for nice stuff not parking) and you can park outside your room so access is good , doors have dead locks and I felt secure . It was clean with daily services towels, soap, shampoo etc and rooms and bed were comfortable and of a good standard. Air con and television , fridge and microwave worked well and I watched a film at extra charge . On site but 5 mins walk so no noise were a petrol station with a small shop and a stacks pancake house also a clean swimming pool with chairs and loungers . There is no hotel restaurant but stacks is close by and the reception offers free coffee from a machine as well as helpful staff . I would stay there again -good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank englishkaren46
Reviewed October 1, 2010

Wonderful rooms, updated and very nice. Lots of space in the rooms to spread out, very comfortable. Very close by every thing. Staff was very helpful and nice. Great place to stay with dogs, lots of room to let out dogs and no charge at hotel for the dogs, most hotels charge anywhere from $50 to $120 a night or per stay for dogs, so this is a great savings, if traveling with dogs. Very pet friendly hotel. Would stay here again, and plan on coming back and staying here. Highly recommend for anyone traveling with pets or even if you aren't.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple