“A Great find!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Atlanta
“A Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

I just stayed in this Red Roof Inn for three nights over Memorial Day weekend (May 31-June 2, 2010) and was very impressed. I expected it to be a low-end, no-frills motel, but I was totally wrong. My king room ($61 per night with AAA discount) had a fridge, microwave, safe, and a large L-shaped desk area. Although the motel was last renovated three years ago (I asked), the paint and carpeting looked very fresh and new. The room was big, clean, and comfortable, and the furnishings were nice and modern. I also liked the free WI-FI in the room and free breakfast in the lobby. The motel is only a ten-minute drive from three different beaches, and there are several good restaurants within walking distance and a dozen good ones within a five-minute drive. All in all, this place was a real find.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Granite Falls
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

We were very pleased with our stay at the Red Roof Inn in Hilton Head, SC. We had every thing we needed for a great stay. The rooms are roomy, and clean. There are not a lot of frills that you don't need, and you don't want to pay for. The price is wonderful...we were able to enjoy meals at better establishments with the money we saved on the room. I highly recommend it to the traveler who wants to be sensible with the money they spend.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank quilter23
NC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2010

I have a 1 year old that likes to crawl around. Please keep in mind when staying at this hotel that it is animal friendly. We did not realize this. Upon entering the room it smelled really well due to fragrance being sprayed from cleaning. However the carpeting, that was newly replaced, had already been stained by animal urine, the comforter on the bed smelled of dog, and there was still urine on the floor by the bathroom door. Again, we did not figure out what the smell was until the next morning. We were just so disgusted that our child was crawling around in nasty pet urine and did not realize it.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank greeneyes030
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2010

I spent one night in Hilton Head at the Red Roof Inn. I found the staff to be exceptionally helpful and energetic. Questions were no problem, and recommendations of places to eat were well received.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank cbc98
salisbury
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2009

not much to say. Sean (manager) have been very attentive when necessary. "never necessary" but a nice professional guy. all clean, good safe feeling, quick in and out on check in or out. very close to other locations. very happy with rates etc.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank rjoyner
Acworth, Goergia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2009

I stayed in this place, place It's OK, nut when a call for reserved I told the operator that We are going to need a portable crib (We have a 1 year old baby) and I told her that we'll arrive like 1 or 2 am, When we arrive we were exhausted and I requested for the portable crib and the agent just told me nobody told me nothing and I don't have the key and that is she wasn't helpful at all and maybe She didn't care. It was a nightmare the night, I tried to place the two beds together and I found a old jacket under bed very old (sorry if looks like a complaint, but I thinks it's neccesary that someone else knows about). Next day we have the portable crib and every thing was excellent. The bathroom from the studio room was very small very uncomfortable)

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank GeorgiasTraveler
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2009

We stayed here one night before checking in to our beach house the next day (since the beach house was sat-sat rental). We got a rate of $47 bucks through my work and it was worth every penny and more. The room was clean and had the basics we needed. I would highly reccomend. A steal of a deal for the location, etc.

Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple