“Best Manager and Staff”

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
Ranked #21 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The manager and staff is the best we have ever met at a Red Roof Inn. They made our Christmas away from home, a good experience. They were all very friendly and went above and beyond. Thank You!!
Nancy Goettner

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2014

Thank you for the wonderful review! We loved having you here and we are glad that your stay was so enjoyable. I do hope you and your husband come for another visit soon. Give the girls Mandi and Izzi a scratch on the ears for me, and tell them they look beautiful in their Christmas picture!
I can't wait to see them again.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We have relatives on the island, and have stayed at the Red Roof many times. We have always found the staff to be courteous and accommodating, and the room clean and all that we needed. We travel with our dog, so we love that pets stay free, and the neighborhood affords pleasant walk space. During our most recent stay, I was suffering from a leg injury, and the distance from our to our room was only ten steps. I've stayed at more luxurious hotels but they just don't seem to be worth the difference in cost to me.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2014

Thank you for your positive review. We loved having you here and look forward to see you soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

we stopped here because of the reviews of it being clean, pet friendly, and affordable. It was all of the above. Just what we needed for a quick stop over on our holiday travels. We were glad we stopped here and wouldn't hesitate to go back. Friendly staff took care of anything we needed.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you your review. I will share this with our staff,.We do hope the next time you are on Hilton Head you will stay with us.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I reserved a room at this hotel starting next week for 14 days. However,I was told b=y the reservation center that my room was coming with a fridge and a microwave. They said that I should confirm with the hotel any way because sometimes they offer those rooms to people asking for them at the last minute. I phoned the hotel soon after and after checking my reservation they said there would be not problem to get a room with a microwave. Now, a week later, when I called to confirmed my reservation I am being told that I should pay $10 more per day for the room if I want the fridge and microwave. I am working things out with another hotel to cancel my reservation. When at the Red Roof Inn do not have enought guests during the holidays is that they want to take advantage from the rooms that have already sold. Too bad for them, I stay at this hotel 3 times each year for a period of 2 weeks. They have lost me as a guest. They did the same thing on another time and did not honor the amenities offered at the time of the reservation. They rather lose a guest than few dollars, I do not trust them. Very disappointed

Room Tip: Do not trust them
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank brian p
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Brian, if you made a reservation with our reservation department for a room with the microwave and refrigerator those rooms either a deluxe double or a superior king you would have those amenities in those particular rooms. Our reservation team would not tell you to call and confirm with the hotel so that you will get one because “we give them to people who ask for them.” you are guaranteed in that type of room if that’s the reservation you have. Did you book thru a 3rd party booking like Expedia? And if so you may have booked a standard room that does not come with those amenity’s. I have tried to find a reservation coming in this next week for two weeks and see nothing under active or canceled reservations. I would love to have more details and can even listen to the reservation call if it was made by our reservation team. I would love the chance to have the details so that I can get to the actual problem.

Please call me at 843 227 2643

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I found that the newly renovated Red Roof Inn, Hilton Head, SC was in a great location. It was very close to the beach and we found that there were lots of shopping and dining options. When we arrived the front desk staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. The room was clean, comfortable and nice. I would recommend this hotel to friends and family members who would like to visit Hilton Head, SC.

2  Thank Just_Tina2
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Thank you for your review, we look forward to having you as our guest again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013

Here's an example of a well managed, intelligently remodeled budget motel. It had everything together for a pleasant stay. It was very clean, had new comfortable beds (not firm like boards) very good complimentary coffee in the office ( no coffee makers in regular rooms) and even a microwave and refrigerator. All this and a great rate. Since this was our first time in a Red Roof, I don't know if the plastic laminate floors with carpet on both sides of the bed are standard or if the complimentary pocket tissues come with all Red Roofs, but we liked these features. I should mention that although I turned down the refrig, $14 of fruit froze and management cheerfully comp me that amount. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a remodeled king or a suite if you don't mind paying more.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

I wanted to say it was a pleasure having you as our guest! I am glad you enjoyed your stay.
Please call me the next time you are coming into to town, we look forward to seeing soon!

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Never stayed with Red Roof Inn before, had to try it in this location (Hilton head Island, SC) due to the price and proximity the beach 9a short 5 minute drive), and conveniences on the property (gas station next store with convenience stroe, 2 breakfast restaurants next to the property and 3-4 hi-end dinner restaurants across the street. Plus, the entire chain is undergoing a room remodel - the room was excellent, fresh smelling, spacious......all for an excellent price.

I simply booked here for a simple room at a simple price and location, I ended up with a GREAT experience! Very friendly staff, by the way. I will not only return to this location but give other locations for this chain a try.

Todd Caras
Atlanta, Georgia

2  Thank Todd302

Thank you for a great review. We are glad you gave us a try and hope to see you again.