Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
Marriott's Grande Ocean(Hilton Head)
$454
Marriott
Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$139
Hampton Inn Hilton Head(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$153
$139
Hampton.com
$192
$159
Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$218
$199
Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$271
$215
Omni Hotels
  • Pool
Ramada Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
$56
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort(Hilton Head)(Great Value!)
$209
$175
Hotels.com
$409
$199
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
All reviewspancake houseroom was cleansuperior kingmanager chrishilton head islandparking lotconvenience storethe maintenance manmini fridgedesk clerkmemorial daypublic beachthe staff was friendly and helpfulshort drivecoligny beachoff seasonmotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here on the 27th of April which was Saturday. We had nothing booked for the area and we found the Red Roof Inn. The staff was quite friendly, she also gave us the walking price (without asking for it as we did not even know that was possible!) as we arrived at 10pm that day. Place very quiet, there is a dinner right in front of it for breakfast (we did not use it though). The only downside was that the room was not the cleanest, specially the bathroom, where you could see steps marks as well as toilet has been used and not clean...location is ok I suppose since Hilton Head is very spread, so you definitely need a car or bike (much better option) to move around

Room Tip: Our room was at the back which faces the car park and the woods, so I would pick that side instead of the front
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

We thank you for your review. We love the feedback so that we can improve on what we do. I hope the next time you are on Hilton Head you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Red Roof Inn during a very last minute trip July 5th-July 8th to help my mother move into her new home there. Every rental condo and hotel in Beaufort County was booked, and we got a last minute cancellation. To be honest, our expectations were low-we normally stay in higher end places-but we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel has been recently renovated, with new paint, flooring, furniture, etc. and was very clean. Our King room was small, but had everything we needed with very good mattress and pillows. The hotel was full with a wedding party of over 100 people, but we had no trouble with noise-slept like babies. Chris is the manager, and she was clearly on top of things-very friendly! Very conveniently located as well. Thanks, Chris!!

Room Tip: We had a corner first floor room in the back-very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Chris A, Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Thank you for you review!! We are so happy you had a great stay and look forward to you coming back.

Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

Check your bill-- they charge you for the safe rental fee whether you use it or not. You have to tell them differently when you check out to get the charges reversed. Housekeeping will come by and start knocking on your door to get you out of the room. After a couple of knocks they will use their key to come in whether you are in the room or not. Front desk staff could care less about you they are only there for a paycheck--no southern hospitality here.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank ohmygoodnes
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 27, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are sorry you did not enjoy your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us here at Red Roof Inn. It is true the safe charges are a part of the bill, but just like the sign on the desk says and on the registration card where the guest initials the safe charge we gladly remove it at check out.
I believe you filled out one of the surveys we send upon check out, I tried reaching you. I would love to chat, I can be reached at 843 227 2643.

Again we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

This is the best of Hilton Head at the best price. Other rates were simply out of our reach and the Red Roof was the perfect solution. We stayed 3 week nights in June for about $75 a night. We stayed in a king ground floor room and we were quite pleased. The room wasn't huge and the mattress wasn't new, but it was clean and quiet. Located a short drive from Coligny, it was easy to drive everywhere on the island. The bike path runs in front of the hotel, too. We enjoyed Island Bagel across the street. Hotel breakfast in very slim, but that's an ok compromise for the great rates. Pool was small, but clean. Employees were friendly. I loved that we had a micro fridge in our room, but we lacked any kind of table. Ultimately we throughly enjoyed our Hilton Head trip and we're planning a return to the Red Roof.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your review. I agree the bagels are wonderful across the street. We hope the next time you are in Hilton Head you will come and stay with us again.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed at this hotel 5/30-6/1 of this year. There were spiders, roaches and even a tick in our room. There were 4 of us in a suite and we had 2 towels. When I asked for more, I was told they "would get to it." Took a very long time. I fell through a rotten pool chair (I am not heavy). When I expressed disppointment, I was told by Chris I would get a free night at a Red Roof Inn , and guess what? It is July and that certificate for a free room never showed up! Imagine that...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Debra F
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

First I am so sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. We hope all our guest have a postive experience with us. We did send you a VIP pass for a free night stay and will follow up with you pronto and send another one.