“Excellent value and service!!!!!”

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went over to HHI for a short overnight trip and booked here at the last minute. I could not have been more pleased at the great value of this hotel. Everything was great -friendly check in that took less than 3 minutes, mid-island location was perfect, the room was spotless and appeared recently renovated. Even better, checkout was at NOON, just fabulous. The room was not huge so might not be ideal for a long trip if someone was going to be spending a lot of time in the room, but was perfectly sufficient for a shorter trip. Bed was SO comfortable, just as nice as those at hotels at two and three times the price. This was such an amazing deal. We definitely plan to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank vegfoodie1976
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have you as our guest again.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

after reading some of the previous reviews I decided to call the property manager and just ask if some of the issues had been settled , I spoke with Chris , she indicated that she had only taken over the management of this particular location approx. 6-8 months ago , there was reports of palmetto bugs and roaches in the rooms , well first off if you are below the mason Dixon line you better be ready to see a few palmetto bugs , and no they are not as big as Volkswagens , bottom line , Chris told me that since her arrival the rating of this hotel has risen in a very good way , we did not see any bugs in our room , exceptionally clean , pool was clean , it was everything Chris had described and we will go back , thank you Chris , we had a great time,

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Randy L
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 26, 2013

Hello it was a pleasure meeting you. I am pleased you had a great time while here.
I hope that the next time you and the family are visiting Hilton Head you will come back and see us.
Call me personally and I would be happy to take care of making your reservation and extending a preferred rate
843-686-6808
email I0148@redroof.com

Reviewed June 17, 2013

I can only add to recent positive reviews. This hotel met all my expectations (clean room, recently refurbished decor, comfy bed, quit location) and exceeded those around service. I was always impressed with the help I received from the front desk as well as the cleaning staff. True Southern hospitality.
My only warning is to those who expect a free breakfast bar as offered by similar chains. This hotel has coffee and muffins but little else. Not a deal-breaker for me. And as many have already pointed out, there are two fine breakfast restaurants and a mini mart within 100 yards.
I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank DE-Touron

Thank for your kind review, we are pleased that you enjoyed yourself while you were here.
We hope you will stay with us again the next time you are in Hilton Head.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Red Roof at Hilton Head has a great location and is very close to the waterfront that has great restaurants, shops and the Shannon Tanner kid show. It is only a few miles from the beach and is clean, one of the only places on the Island that allows pets to stay free and is a nice place to stay for those on a budget. I have stayed at this motel about 7 or 8 times now and plan to continue staying there when I visit the Island since I do have pets. The staff is also very friendly. They also have rooms with a microwave and mini frig, which is very nice. Hilton Head is a beautiful area too and I love going there.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you for the great review! At Red Roof we want you to feel like this is your home away from home. I will share your kind words with the staff. We look forward to having you as our guest.
See you soon.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

This was the perfect hotel. The location was good (3 miles from the beach), the price was amazing, and customer service just doesn't get any better. Everything was clean and stocked. No breakfast here, but there is a diner to the left of the hotel and gas station to the right. The pool looked good, but it was still too cold when I went. The staff seems to take pride in their work, not something you see everyday. By far the best Red Roof I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Laura27282

Thank you for your positive review. We value you as our guest. We look forward to having you stay again soon.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

The location is pretty good as it's not too far from the beaches, harbour town and the ubiquitous strip malls.

The room was on the second floor (first floor for non-Americans!), nicely decorated, clean and neatly laid out, with a large desk for working.

There's no breakfast included, but there are plenty of restaurants around to take care of meals. The fridge and microwave makes this a good place to stock up and stay for a weekend or week, with a Piggly Wiggly store just up the road.

There's parking all around the building.

I recommend this hotel if you need inexpensive non-resort accommodation on Hilton Head Island.

Room Tip: Room 225 was upstairs, quiet and near the end staircase with parking below.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you discovered us here on Hilton Head. It is our pleasure to have you as one of our valuable guests and look forward to having you here again

Reviewed May 29, 2013 via mobile

The only thing I would suggest is to put a mini fridge! Because you have so many left over meals so there was no place for storage. Otherwise cute, clean, close to the action and great price for holiday weekend!!! Couldn't ask for better

• Stayed: May 2013

We are delighted your stay was a postive one, and thank you for the great review. Next time you are here ask for me and I would be happy to upgrade you a room with a micro/refrig.