“A Very Resonable Cost Hotel. No a very Cheaply priced hotel......”

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed March 16, 2013

So we showed up at the SC Welcome Center on a Saturday night looking for a hotel on Hilton Head Island, SC. Spring Break Weekend. Ha Ha. Everything was booked except the last room at the Red Roof Inn. Never stayed at a Red Roof Inn but the price was right. Booked the hotel over the phone. Arrived 45 minutes later was was pleasantly surprised. New, renovated property with work station, large flat screen TV, Microwave, Fridge, safe, and a king sized bed. All redone 30 days ago. Cost for the night $79 plus tax. HBO, and free wifi included. No at this price no breakfast but within walking distance of numerous restaurants including a very nice pancake restaurant next door. Very nice hotel for the money vs. the $300 and up properties around here. You won't be disappointed.

Room Tip: Great value, nice rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

I would like to say it was a pleasure having you here, I enjoyed meeting you when you checked in. I will share your postive words with the team. I do hope you will visit again.
GM

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I booked my room at the Red Roof because it is pet friendly. However, sometimes those "pet rooms" have a smell. Not so, the rooms here have recently all been renovated. I took a basic room so had few amenities, but for what I paid I thought it was a great bargain. There was coffee in the lobby 24/7 and wifi in the rooms. It was clean and comfortable. I'd definitely stay again if I needed a room on Hilton Head Isl.

Room Tip: If you have a dog to walk frequently or have difficulty with steps, ask for a 1st. floor room. Grea...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thanks for the great review and the great tips for the guests. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at Red Roof for 2 nights in March, 2013. They are one of the few places on Hilton Head Island that welcome pets- and there's no pet fee. They are centrally located on the island and are close to beaches and shopping. The rooms have been completely renovated; the king bed was very comfortable; the room had a flat screen TV; the work desk was nice-sized; the carpet has been removed in favor of wood flooring and rugs! The staff was very friendly and even called after I got to the room to make sure everything was working properly and to my liking!! I've even booked another reservation. I was told they have a new GM , Chris, and she made some changes. She's apparently done a great job. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank JMurt

Thank you for your postive feedback. We are excited that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take great pleasure in making sure our guests feel comfortable. We do hope to see you again when you are back in Hilton Head.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very clean room in a great location at Hilton Head Island. Very pet friendly!!
Beds in great shape! Remodeled rooms, free coffee around the clock. Great staff.
Tammy was very helpful! I can only say great things about this hotel with great price value!
FREE WIFI!
Sandra J

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for the great review! At Red Roof we want you to feel like this is your home away from home. I will share your kind words with the staff and with Tammy We look forward to haveing you back.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Was great to be back staying at this location. Jayme at the front desk was wonderful. My room ( superior king ) was very comfortable and, most importantly, absolutely spotless. Will definitely make this hotel my " home away from home " in Hilton Head. Chris Davies

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your kind words, I will share them with Jayme and our team. We are delighted you had a great stay and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Great value in recently updated facility. EBright, clean economy unit on first floor fully renovated and very roomy. Walking distance to several eating places and convenience store. Very dog friendly with welcoming staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our inn. It is always great to hear from a satisfied customer. . We agree that this is a great location with shopping, restaurants, and attractions. Our goal is to deliver a great experience with our product and service. I thank you for staying and hope you stay again when your travel plans allow.

Best Regards,

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We were traveling with our dog and this hotel was dog friendly so that is why we selected it. Upon arrival we were quite surprised to see nicely remodeled rooms. They have vinyl/wood look flooring, comfortable bed, very clean. Desk help was very pleasant. The first night they put us in the rear of the building and there was a bit of activity going on in the evening out on the balcony. The next morning they moved us to a different area of the building for the remainder of our stay. They do have a lot of contractors, etc staying in this hotel and they are out and about chatting in the evening. They were nothing but polite but it did get a bit noisy that first night and again at 7am the next morning.
The wifi was not working the first night either and for some reason we could never get ABC network on the TV.
But, for the price, and traveling with our dog it was a fine place to stay in a convenient location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris A, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

We are happy that you enjoyed the newly remodeled rooms. We are excited about our new look. We are sorry if some of the guests were a little loud at times, and hope it was not too unpleasant. Please accept our apologies for the internet being down, we quickly called in the problem to our provider, and did what we could to urge them to work on it as quickly as possible.
We hope to have you stay with us again.