“Friendly hotel staff, great location, nice room”

Red Roof Inn Hilton Head Island
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
St. Petersburg, Russia
“Friendly hotel staff, great location, nice room”
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Sarah at the front desk was extremely welcoming during check-in and even better throughout our stay in answering questions about the area. It's obvious management preaches customer service to hotel employees, and that combined with your typical Southern charm made for a great stay. We stayed in an upstairs suite, which was nicely sized and well decorated. The location of the hotel was convenient to beaches, shopping, and dining, and the hotel staff was great at recommending local eateries. GREAT STAY!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank summertravels88

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Ocean Isle Beach
Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Best deal in Hilton Head. Super clean and the service was so great you would think I was their family! Couldn't believe how nice everything was for $54 a night. Quant and comfortable stay.

Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Maribeth W
lexington
Reviewed April 24, 2012

First time ever staying at a Red Roof Inn.We went to this hotel as one of our last stops on our vacation. Upon arriving the customer service lady was very helpful and polite, so for that i give them the one star. We get in the room, I as i do with every hotel, i look for bed bugs. I work at a health department and never go into any room with out checking the beds. Beds were probably the cheapest you can get, had stains all over the actual mattress the only good thing was that they had mattress covers. I went there with my my daughter and her friend both teenagers as well as my husband. Told the girls not to set anything on the floor of theirs because we cant see whats on the carpet.After a while of being in the room, the girls began to itch, i checked the beds told them to stand still, on the sheets you could see bugs jumping, really fast. Fleas! the girls were bitten as was i and my husband during the 2hours we spent in the room. My husband went to the front desk about 10:00pm ish and the guy working there at the front desk said, "well we can take a look at it in the morning, but we don't have any more rooms and your not going to find anywhere else to stay here here in Hilton head" so we packed everything back up and left and drove back to home that night. I understand people with pets stay here, but you could have the rooms sprayed more frequently to prevent this. Will not be staying at any of these hotels again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank er77
Vero Beach, Florida
Reviewed April 22, 2012

made a reservation online , adding in comments needed ground floor room as my wife can not climb stairs. Booked king smoking room. On checkin I forgot to ask about the room needs early enough as he was having trouble swiping my card. the clerk had checked me in before he told me we would be on the second floor. He was not listening when I repeatedly told him it would not work, and he offered no alternatives. Luckily there was a map of the hotel on the counter so I found alternate rooms as asked about certain room numbers. We finally found a double, not exactly what I wanted, but better than nothing. overall check in was a hastle and put me in a bad frame of mind

the room was clean, but the cheapest, hard beds I have seen in a long time. We had to sleep in separate beds as they were small, but were tired enough we slept ok. I give them the room was clean, the area quiet, and the property well maintained.

Room Tip: no elevator, so second floor means hiking up stairs
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank glassman72
Boston, MA
Reviewed April 12, 2012

This hotel is in a great location on the island and I love how they accept pets. However, it did have a motel vibe, the carpet felt dirty and the rooms felt dark and small. If you are looking to save money, this will do, otherwise I would skip this hotel.a

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank km18766
Gainesville, Florida
Reviewed April 7, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel for free because it came with a wedding present that she bought for me. Looking at the rates and the location of this hotel it is very good. We stayed in a room facing the pool on the second floor. The room was very clean and nice. By no means are the rooms fancy, but they are very nice for the money. The pool area was nothing special, but the location and staff were extremly friendly and helpful. Great location. Great price.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Milton, Canada
Reviewed April 4, 2012

The location is in the middle of all shopping, restaurants and less than a five minute drive to the beach.
Our 1week stay was perfect. The staff took care of all our needs. Very friendly, well taken care of the property. We couldn't be happier any where else! Will return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple