All reviewspancake houseroom was cleansuperior kingmanager chrishilton head islandparking lotconvenience storeextra towelsmini fridgelocation was perfectpublic beachdefinitely stay here againshort drivemotelhhipetsrates
Reviewed February 28, 2012

This hotel is of course not a 5 star hotel, nor was I expecting it to be. For the price it was a great value, nice location, and we got a clean and comfortable room. We have stayed twice so far and already have reservations for this summer as well. The staff was extermely friendly and the one lady working the front desk went above and beyond to help when our first room had an AC that didn't work. You should consider RRI on your next visit to HHI!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The room was clean, bed comfortable, and the staff spoke English and were very pleasant and helpful. It is a pet friendly place but the room did not have any lingering pet odors. The pool was sparkling clean even in January when it was a bit too chilly to use but those poolside chairs were a great place to read in the sunshine. We stayed there last year and returned this year to find another warm welcome. Will go back again.

Room Tip: The suites are great with a microwave,couch and TV, the bedroom is separate and also has a TV.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 30, 2012

After looking on line I decided to reserve a room based on price and the fact, not only is RRI pet friendly, that pets stay free! I honestly wasn't expecting much for a spur of the moment off-season weekend getaway, so my expectations were low. I could not have been more wrong. The office and most of the staff are "English is their first language" people. I was very pleased with not having to try to understand broken English. Everyone was very accommodating and acted like they were there to assist you. The room was clean and comfortable. I enjoyed my stay and will return at that next opportunity. Let me warn that it is not the Marriott, Hyatt or Westin nor does it claim to be so book a $149 room somewhere else if you are looking for luxury. It looks to have been recently remolded but has it's age showing in things like the stopper in my tub wouldn't work, the toilet was tilted just slightly from an uneven (slight) floor. I had no wash cloths but obtaining them was no problem and I feel very sure they would have moved me to another room with a working stopper if I had asked. Those things did not other me. I would recommend for anyone with a pet that is looking for an affordable room with a great staff!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2012

VERY CLEAN ROOM! This is the most important characteristic for me. I want the room clean. This one was exceptionally clean! Clean bathroom, clean linens, clean carpet! Nice staff, very helpful. The room I was in did not have a hairdryer, but I was able to get one from the office and did not have to return it until I checked out. The old TV was replaced with a flat panel while I was there, which was nice. The senior rate and no fee for my pet made the visit more than affordable. When I arrived I was a bit concerned that the AC unit did not have a "heat" setting and with night temps in the 40's/50's a little heat is necessary, but I was pleasantly surprised that the room stayed quite comfortable. Overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Since the pool is right in front of the hotel travelers during the summer who have issue with "pool noise" may want to request a room in the back. Being on the ground floor was perfect since I travel with my pet.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 5, 2012

It's a cheap motel. Dirty air inside the room, hard beds & pillows, the linens are yellowed. The matresses are old and dirty. The walls, doors, light switches need cleaning. Loud AC unit. Worst night's sleep ever. If you need a comfortable place to sleep, stay away from this place.

• Stayed: January 2012