New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Going out Business!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Motel 6 Hilton Head

Motel 6 Hilton Head
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Hilton Head
Motel 6 Hilton Head
You added Motel 6 Hilton Head to your Saves list
Ranked #28 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Georgia
“Going out Business!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2009

This motel was TERRIBLE!!!! I booked online and by the way the pictures online looked the motel look decent. Well the pictures must have been from the day the originally opened this location or pictures from a different location. The room was nasty and we had a LIVE cockroach in the room to great us! We were there 2mins! Went to the front desk and just telling the lady about the bug, she gave our money back right then! She said the place was closing. We could see why!! STAY AWAY!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
6 Thank TechFam

Business
fleming ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2009

I thought it was really funny how whenever we went to the front desk to check out a room that it said on the wall that there was free wifi in every room. Then when we went to try to connect to it, we couldnt. So we called up to the desk and they said they dont have it there. WTF???

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lulu918
Jasper, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2008

We made our reservations at the Motel 6 website before looking it up on Trip Advisor, so I was a little worried. However, service at the front desk was awesome and the staff was very polite/helpful. To my suprise, our room was very clean and we didn't have any bugs. The AC was cold and the pool was clean. I will definitely stay here again. We stayed in room #225.

• Liked — Clean & Cheap
  • Disliked — No free breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank bstargel
Tampa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2008

This is one of the dirtiest place I have ever visited. Not only was our room infested with cockroaches but it was also plain dirty. Unfortunately, we reached late and had a dog so we could not go anywhere else, but you can! We had to leave a light on to avoid major bug attacks and I spent most of my night killing bugs and hiding under a sheet. The hotel staff tried to help by giving us roach killer but there was not much else they could do. Consider yourself warned! Management ended up giving us a refund after I told them about our experience.

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — Condition.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank LaCastafiore
United states
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2007

This wasn't my most favorite motel ever, not even my most favorite Motel 6 but I've stayed worse places. The front desk woman was nice but the room smelled (in part from the waste water treatment plant out back). The heat smelled like a burning cat. The volume on the TV wouldn't turn down very far. There were cigarette burns on the blanket (in a no smoking room). The bathroom door wouldn't shut tight. There was a wierd noise coming from the bathroom. There was mold on the wall. It was pretty cheap, which was good, but not very near teh beach which was not so good. On the whole it was an average Motel 6...but don't you think they could strive for better than average? By the way, those 2 inch roaches that people mention aren't roaches, they're palmetto bugs. Yes they're disgusting but they're everywhere in the south, even at the high class resorts. Ignore them and they won't hurt you. Don't step on them unless you want a huge mess to clean up.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — Loud TV/smell
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
columbus, oh
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2007

I can't count how many baby roaches we killed. However, I can count the larger ones. Four medium Roaches, and one that was almost 2 inches long. I found that one when I rolled over at 5:30 AM and looked off the side of the bed and it was right below my face. However, that part of the experience pales in comparission to the fact I have bites of some kind all over the top of my neck around my hair line, and I have a rash on my belly, and a bite on my arm that is causing itching, pain and heat to spread out my arm. The hotel seemed like it was in a decent area. However, once we checked in, there was a sign on the inside of the door that said "For your safety, while in room, lock dead bolt and Security chain". The problem with this was that the strick plate for the dead bolt wasn't placed correctly on the door frame so the dead bolt wouldn't actually go into the hole to lock. I guess I should have know we made a mistake when we went to the ice machine, and the vending machine had condoms in it along side the snack bags of pretzels and chips!! I will say that the guy working behind the front desk was one of the most helpful and friendly people we met on the island, which initially made us feel comfortable in our decision to check in. However, nice employees aren't a return visit when we return for vacation next year. All I can say is, it wasn't a bargain if I have to go to the Dr. for my rash and bites and even worse, if I brought home any of the roaches in my bags and have to exterminate my house!!

• Liked — Nice staff at front desk
  • Disliked — Roaches, bites, rash, hole in floor under carpet, dead bolt didn't work, space under door to outside, ect, ect
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 Thank mysubastas
Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2007

We were very happy about this motel last year. But this year, the room wasn't clean and cockroaches were everywhere.

Stayed July 2007