New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #29 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Jasper, Georgia
“A Pleasant Suprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

We made our reservations at the Motel 6 website before looking it up on Trip Advisor, so I was a little worried. However, service at the front desk was awesome and the staff was very polite/helpful. To my suprise, our room was very clean and we didn't have any bugs. The AC was cold and the pool was clean. I will definitely stay here again. We stayed in room #225.

• Liked — Clean & Cheap
  • Disliked — No free breakfast
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank bstargel

Business
Tampa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2008

This is one of the dirtiest place I have ever visited. Not only was our room infested with cockroaches but it was also plain dirty. Unfortunately, we reached late and had a dog so we could not go anywhere else, but you can! We had to leave a light on to avoid major bug attacks and I spent most of my night killing bugs and hiding under a sheet. The hotel staff tried to help by giving us roach killer but there was not much else they could do. Consider yourself warned! Management ended up giving us a refund after I told them about our experience.

• Liked — Location.
  • Disliked — Condition.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank LaCastafiore
United states
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2007

This wasn't my most favorite motel ever, not even my most favorite Motel 6 but I've stayed worse places. The front desk woman was nice but the room smelled (in part from the waste water treatment plant out back). The heat smelled like a burning cat. The volume on the TV wouldn't turn down very far. There were cigarette burns on the blanket (in a no smoking room). The bathroom door wouldn't shut tight. There was a wierd noise coming from the bathroom. There was mold on the wall. It was pretty cheap, which was good, but not very near teh beach which was not so good. On the whole it was an average Motel 6...but don't you think they could strive for better than average? By the way, those 2 inch roaches that people mention aren't roaches, they're palmetto bugs. Yes they're disgusting but they're everywhere in the south, even at the high class resorts. Ignore them and they won't hurt you. Don't step on them unless you want a huge mess to clean up.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — Loud TV/smell
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled solo
columbus, oh
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2007

I can't count how many baby roaches we killed. However, I can count the larger ones. Four medium Roaches, and one that was almost 2 inches long. I found that one when I rolled over at 5:30 AM and looked off the side of the bed and it was right below my face. However, that part of the experience pales in comparission to the fact I have bites of some kind all over the top of my neck around my hair line, and I have a rash on my belly, and a bite on my arm that is causing itching, pain and heat to spread out my arm. The hotel seemed like it was in a decent area. However, once we checked in, there was a sign on the inside of the door that said "For your safety, while in room, lock dead bolt and Security chain". The problem with this was that the strick plate for the dead bolt wasn't placed correctly on the door frame so the dead bolt wouldn't actually go into the hole to lock. I guess I should have know we made a mistake when we went to the ice machine, and the vending machine had condoms in it along side the snack bags of pretzels and chips!! I will say that the guy working behind the front desk was one of the most helpful and friendly people we met on the island, which initially made us feel comfortable in our decision to check in. However, nice employees aren't a return visit when we return for vacation next year. All I can say is, it wasn't a bargain if I have to go to the Dr. for my rash and bites and even worse, if I brought home any of the roaches in my bags and have to exterminate my house!!

• Liked — Nice staff at front desk
  • Disliked — Roaches, bites, rash, hole in floor under carpet, dead bolt didn't work, space under door to outside, ect, ect
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
5 Thank mysubastas
Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2007

We were very happy about this motel last year. But this year, the room wasn't clean and cockroaches were everywhere.

Stayed July 2007
2 Thank marinaGeorgia
south Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2007

This motel sits right next to a waste treatment building and really stinks most of the time. The doors don't fit properly, so the aroma gets into the rooms.

Since it's a pet motel, the rooms smell apart from the waste center next door.

The hotel caters to migrant workers, so there are lots of people who are working and not on vacation.

The pool is small and one is suspicious of the cleanliness based on the conditions of the old rooms.

The staff is somewhat indiferent and apparently created some charge problems for me that i have to clear up with my charge company.

Say away.

Stayed April 2007
1 Thank Poppercello
Hilton Head Island, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2006

I won't report any violent criminal activity, but I was approached by prostitutes and drug dealers. As for the decor being described as "old English", I'd just call it OLD...as in Goodwill, curbside, etc.

The room was dirty, disgusting and greasy! You can find better accomodations elsewhere for the same, or not much more money. Hilton Head Beach & Tennis club has condos right on the ocean in this price range. I reccomend staying away from Motel 6 at all costs! Especially for families.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The room and certain other "guests"
  • Tips/Secrets — Go Anywhere Else!
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled with family