“Omni review”

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed June 23, 2014

The pool bar closes at 6:00 and the night life is dismal other than that it was a great experience expect for the security lady. We were there for a family wedding and the night of the wedding was the only night at the hotel it had a night life.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank Stacy H
There are newer reviews for Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort

Reviewed June 23, 2014

We have stayed in several hotels at Hilton Head and the Omni is the best by far. The size of the room make you feel like you are in a suite. The grounds makes you feel like you are in a special place and not at a typical hotel that could be located anywhere.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 22, 2014

The hotel looks old and dated. For $300 + per night to sit on a plastic couch is ludicrous. This I would expect from a motel 6 and not an Omni. The hallways are dark and appear dirty. Although there are new hallway light fixtures all of them without exception were dimly lit and installed crooked! The resort fee is also a bone of contention. I don't drink coffee or use internet / WiFi yet I was charged for both. Management refused to prorate the resort fee to accommodate me. The pool area is poorly serviced - there was trash and piles of used towels everywhere. Also the pool security was overbearing. I would expect to wear an armband at a lesser resort but not here. I came down early one morning without my husband/bracelet and was told summarily to leave the area until I could come down with the proper band in place. I gave them my room number and name but that was not enough and was required to leave the pool until I came back with my bracelet. There is no other resort of your caliber that I have stayed in that has such stringent and guest unfriendly policies.

5  Thank Laurie A
Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

The resort was pretty consistent with what all the reviews had said! Room was large and clean! Pools were nice except for the 2 days we couldn't swim in the big pool because some child pooped in there! Service was good except pool side .. Very slow! Breakfast at HH Prime was awful!!!! Don't pay the 17.95 for the buffet!That's a huge ripoff!!! Eggs were powdered and everything else was just mediocre at best! Made that mistake once and didn't do it again! Look at options for breakfast like the general store which is a 15 minute walk from the resort! That place is a gold mine!! Worth it and cheap! We did take advantage of the free coffee in the mornings by using our omni preferred card! The location to everything was a huge plus! Beach access was great and my son loved the basketball court! We would definitely stay again ..We just wouldn't eat there!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Tracy C
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband & I were so disappointed in the Omni Resort & the management that we checked out early & went to another hotel. For starters, ceiling fan was broken, food was in cabinets (looked like sunflower seeds??), furniture was broken (drawers fell down when opened), when I called to speak to the General Manager (Andy), he responded by saying, Housekeeping didn't tell me about these issues. Did I mention how the elevators weren't air conditioned & reeked of urine??? Oh when I mentioned the multi-million $ renovation to Andy... I was told it was only on the property, not the rooms. No where was this mentioned. The only thing "Omni" about this hotel is the price. There are far better hotels than this one.

9  Thank Laurie S
OmniHiltonHead, General Manager at Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 25, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort. As General Manager of the Resort, I can assure you that these incidents are far below the standards we adhere to. We have passed along your feedback to the appropriate departments and resolved each item. As Andy, Assistant Front Office Manager, mentioned, we have completed renovation of all public areas of the hotels and will renovate the guest rooms this November. We do hope you decide to return to the Omni at this time and experience the outstanding service I know our team provides.

Reviewed June 21, 2014

Our stay was beautiful from start to finish. The room we requested had a spectacular view of the beach and pool, and the accommodations were gracious and very comfortable, especially the bed and sheets. I love the little extras that were offered such as the morning in-room coffee service and complimentary sparkling wine we unexpectedly received in honor of our anniversary! The breakfast package was more of a benefit than I anticipated, with a wide variety of quality dishes. My wife enjoyed relaxing besides the fire-pit, and the live music was a delightful plus. We look forward to returning soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

The resort is in a beautiful setting with a very big beach. The rooms are very spacious, with a small kitchen area, featuring granite countertops and fully stocked cabinets. I was pleasantly surprised to find plates,cups cutlery and even a toaster in the kitchen. As food prices on the resort are high, I would suggest bringing supplies in from a nearby food market. Our terrace overlooked the gardens and was very relaxing. Two situations made this a less than perfect escape. First, the service in the restaurants is very, very slow. Second, there were small children everywhere!! The adult pool was not heated but the other two pools were completely dominated by families with small children. The fire pits at night would've been relaxing but they were also overrun by unsupervised children. Ditto on the hot tubs in the evening. I needed to put ear plugs in to relax one morning. We were very impressed with the property but if you are an adult couple or group looking for a quiet beach escape,this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple