“Fabulous!!”

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
“Fabulous!!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I don't know what they could have done to make our stay any better-it was amazing!! The room was beautiful, the entire resort was outstanding and very clean, the staff could not have been more friendly and helpful!! My family and I will be back!!

Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (390)
Marietta, United States
Reviewed August 31, 2013

If you don't enjoy yourself here then you won't be happy any where! Hotel rooms made it very comfortable to vacation at the beach. Pools were crystal clear, sand and ocean water were perfect. We had lunch down at the pool and it was delicious. I had a fish sandwich that was not a small square, you could tell it was fish! My daughter had the "adult grilled cheese" MMM a must try.

Atlanta
Reviewed August 31, 2013

At home, I am woken up nearly every morning by a trio of barking dogs when the school bus comes through the neighborhood. When on vacation at a AAA 4 diamond resort, I don't expect to get woken up at 7:30am by a yapping dog. We've been staying at this resort for nearly ten years, but this is our first and last time since it has become an Omni. Yes, the location is great, best on the island, and the rooms are large (though the mattresses appear to have been downgraded), but if there is a chance I may get woken up early by someone's barking dog while on vacation at a beach resort, that resort is not for me.

• Stayed August 2013
5 Thank theepp
OmniHiltonHead, General Manager at Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. I would like to personally apologize for the lack of communication regarding our Pet Policy and any disturbance this may have caused during your stay. We make every effort to confine pets to one area of the resort so as not to disturb other guests. When a dog is reported to be excessively barking, we contact the owners as a courtesy to those around them. In the future, when you decide to return to the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort again, please feel free to contact me so I may personally assist you in ensuring you are not placed near a pet friendly location.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

Just finished a three night stay at this property while visiting HHI. This resort is centrally located on the island which makes getting to golf and dinner a breeze. But the best aspect is its location and access to the beach.
Rooms are very comfortable with the higher floors (4 and 5) and the higher room numbers being the best locations.
We will definitely come back to this resort.

• Stayed August 2013
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

It is right next to the beach. Pool area was not as big as I thought it would be. but overall experience was fair. We requested crib for my 5 month old baby, but it was very old-style crib. Other hotels (a lot cheaper ones) offered us with pack-n-play which was very comfortable for my baby to sleep, but here, omni offered steel framed crib. I was afraid that my baby would hit his head on those frame, so I ended up not using the crib. The market restaurant offers starbucks coffee so that was good. I think HH Prime restaurant is way over priced considering their food. Other than those problems/complaints, it wasn't too bad. I would recommend for my friends.

Charlotte, NC, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

A word to the wise, keep ALL your receipts and verify that the charges are accurate. Had several "additional" charges and erroneous ones charged to my hotel room. Also, remember there is a $18 resort fee (PER DAY), which after taxes it comes out to about $20.87. Additionally, found two live roaches in our room, in two different days. Luckily, my wife is NOT a roach freak. So we killed them and scooped them out.

Atlanta, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Got a great rate for Labor Day weekend, and chose to stay here over numerous other choices of beachfront locations in Florida, Georgia, NC, and SC, and couldn't have been happier with our choice! This hotel property is luxurious and immaculately clean with a very calming island resort feel, yet at the same time incredibly kid and pet friendly. Really can't think of anything negative about this place. Location is so convenient, right on a beach with calm waters, and a huge selection of wonderful restaurants nearby, as well as shopping and activities. Rooms are great with clean and comfortable luxury bedding, a very private balcony, rooms are a good size and pretty noise proof, air conditioning is efficient and quiet. I paid for a Courtyard view room but I also had a good view of the ocean. Pools are so clean and wonderful for kids, but there is also an adult only pool. The food at the poolside bar / grill is delicious and reasonably priced. You can also get snow cones. There is a playground, kids activity times, pet walking area, spa, gym, and bike rental. Every hotel staff was very kind and helpful. This was one of the best hotel experiences ever. I want to come every year from now on. Five stars!

1 Thank Yuri A