“Fantastic Vacation at the Omni”

Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
“Fantastic Vacation at the Omni”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We are just back from a 4 night vacation at the Omni Hilton Head. It was absolutely fantastic - the service is top notch. All the staff members are always smiling and cheerful - we arrived around 9 PM EST - checking in was a breeze - they had already put up a crib in our room for my 2 year old and they also left him milk and cookies. The resort is beautiful to lounge around or walk around any time of the day - we actually walked around the resort enjoying the rocking chairs and fire pits till around midnight. The access to the beach is fantastic - its literally 10 steps away. We spent a lot of time on the beach - it is clean and delightful, especially during low tide, there are puddles/pools of water on the beach which was great for my 2 year old to play in. We spent hours playing in the sand with beach toys.

The hotel had arranged shuttle service to go watch the fireworks at Shelter Cover which was great and very comfortable. We also took the shuttle to the outfitters. They also give a small back up to the kids which is pretty neat - my 2 year old had great fun strapping it on his back and walking around the resort. They have 3 pools with 2 of them geared towards family activity.

The room is huge with a balcony - it has microwave, fridge, toaster, sink, dishes,etc - so its great as we made some meals in our room for our son - and we were also able to enjoy to-go dinners in our room balcony - listening to the waves. We stocked up on beer and mixed drinks in our room so we didn't pay for any pricey drinks

There are some nitpicking which the resort can improve upon - first and foremost - the internet (part of the $18 resort fee) is bad. I have stayed at many mediocre chain hotels who have blazing fast internet compared to this resort - they need to improve it. Also cell phone reception is very spotty in the room and is bad on the resort in general. The ocean view from our room 523 was average - there is a lot of foliage blocking the view - instead of paying $100+ more for ocean view - next time, i would probably stay courtyard view and spend that extra cash else.

All is all - fantastic vacation - great property, beautiful surroundings, gorgeous beach and superlative service. We will definitely consider it if we return to Hilton Head Island

1 Thank Shanker B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We surprised our 5 year old son with a trip to the beach last week and stayed at the Omni Hilton Head Resort. We were only able to stay 3 days, but we fell in love with the place after just a few minutes. Everything was clean and cared for. I am not exaggerating when I say that I did not leave the room once without getting at least one friendly greeting from a staff member. The only complaint I have is that when we made our reservations, we were told that they were holding a 5th floor room for us, when we checked in, they gave us second floor. The only reason that was bad is that you couldn't see the ocean from the balcony of the second floor due to the trees. However, the trees and grounds were all beautiful anyway, so it wasn't much of a letdown. We didn't take advantage of it, but there are ample restaurant and shopping options in a short drive from the resort. TWO outlet malls! We have decided that this is our new family vacation spot and will return every year that we are able to, and we WILL be staying longer from now on too!

Room Tip: 5th floor for best ocean view.
2 Thank Travis G
Monroe, Georgia
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon in October 2012. I used to stay in this hotel as a child every summer and fell in love with it! This was at least 20 years ago, so I wasn't sure about what to expect. The experience here was great! The bellhop was friendly and a local who seemed to enjoy talking with the guests and giving suggestions. The rooms were very spacious and up to date with kitchenettes and nice furniture. The view was perfect with both the courtyard and the ocean being seen easily. Everything that I remembered as a child with regards to the terrific pool, short walk down the boardwalk to the beach, and the deli for a quick bite were all the same. It was refreshed well, and it was about to undergo another major renovation as we were leaving too. It is easily accessible and close to several great restaurants, and Coligny Plaza for shopping. I highly recommend this resort; just be prepared to spend a little extra money due to the beachfront location. It is very nice and will not disappoint!

Room Tip: Courtyard view rooms still offer a good view of the ocean, and the courtyard can be noisy but the be...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

Everything at the Omni was top notch my only complaint was after arriving exactly at 3 o'clock the room was still not ready that was a bit of a disappointment
Great location great bike paths connecting to everywhere
Clean rooms
If I could change one thing I would take away the basketball court that was directly adjacent to the adult pool too much screaming and fighting and noise from children the whole point of the adult pool was to be away from children
We will return probably in the off-season
The fire pits and rocking chairs Were a real nice touch

• Stayed July 2013
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Beautiful hotel. Great location. Love the adult only pool, fire pits, rocking chairs, and being on the beach. Brought our own bikes, put plenty of fun miles on them! We'll go back again. The hotel is pet friendly, but I didn't hear any barking. The pools were clean. I loved having the little kitchen since I'm vegan. The movies in room were reasonably priced. We watched fireworks from the beach and avoided the crowds. It was more fun and less stress. We enjoyed the hot tubs as well.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank Nancy R
Atlanta
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My family and I visited the Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort on July 1-3, 2013, and we thoroughly enjoyed its convenient location and value. We were able to secure a special web deal because we stayed in the middle of the week, and it was about $160 per night less than the weekend rate. Our room was very spacious and was kept very tidy by the wait staff. We loved that they came around one night to check on us and see if we needed any additional linens or anything else. The resort is truly a one-stop shop for all we needed. The property provided opportunities for bike riding, tennis, fishing, etc. Everyone is walking or riding their bicycles around the property which really encouraged us to do more together than just swim. There were numerous golf courses on the property or nearby. The resort has a number of pools for adults and kids as well as a spa. We loved the fact that we could walk just a few steps up a boardwalk to the beach. The beach was well maintained and very clean. We ate lunch at the restaurant next to the pool. We did not eat breakfast at the Palmetto Market or dinner at HH Prime because the prices were too high. However, we will be going back to stay at the property again. Our family had a blast!

Room Tip: Meals at the property are pretty pricey, so consider using TripAdvisor to locate local eateries like...
2 Thank Joel B
New jersey
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I own a house in Sea Pines, which I rent part time. We had the house blocked out Saturday to Saturday, 6/22 to 6/29. When the house remained unrented the prior week, my daughter and I decided to drive down with our 2 dogs on Wednesday night 6/19. Unfortunately, in the hectic work week leading up, I forgot to block out the extra days, and my rental company took a last minute rental. Didn't find out until I called on the way down to ask them to pop over and turn on the pool heater, and found out there were renters in until Saturday. So, I was on I-95 in NC with a 12 yr old and 2 dogs, and nowhere to stay.

My rental agent called around looking for a pet friendly property that would take a 2 night rental. Ended up that Omni was about the only option, and it turned out to be a very comfortable one. Booked a promo rate in an oceanview studio suite, with 2 queens, for about $270 a night. Could have had garden view for $250, but went ahead and went oceanview. They quoted a 100 per dog pet fee, but lowered it to $150 for the 2.

Room was huge and very nice, 600+ sq ft plus balcony. Fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Check in was easy and helpful. There is a market on site that also makes take out food. Ordered room service first night, crab cake, filet, etc., was very good, fast, and hot.

Location is very nice. We live in Sea Pines, and haven't spent a lot of time in Palmetto Dunes. Very beachy, and this property is right on the beach with 3 nice pools, nice beach/pool bar. Seemed to have good activities, bike rental, kayak rentals, all convenient to the hotel. Dogs are allowed on the beach before 10 and after 5, on leash. In Sea Pines we can let them run during dog hours, so the dogs weren't happy about that, but we had nice beach walks just the same.

Service throughout was very good. Took the dogs for long walk in the morning, told the housekeeper what we were doing and she serviced our room next, while we were out, so we didn't need to worry about crating the dogs. My daughter got a mani pedi at the spa (the price I paid for my screw up), and they were nice and did a nice job for her.

Only down side, I thought the room rate was very reasonable for the size and quality, but everything else on the property was pretty pricy. $130 plus for room service, two dinners, one app and 2 desserts. Lunches and drinks also pretty expensive. I really didn't worry much, first because they saved me, and second because I got a surprise rental in my house. Basically ended up dropping half the net rental income at the Omni.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family