“One night stay - all good!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head

Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
UK
“One night stay - all good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

We were only here for one night but enjoyed our stay here. The hotel is minutes from the Tanger Outlets, other shopping and restaurants. It is a short drive to Hilton Head Island across the bridge. We stayed in the king suite room with a pull out couch, seating area, fridge and microwave. No complaints about the room. Hotel staff were welcoming when we arrived and provided milk for our toddler. Morning staff on reception and at breakfast were all attentive and seemed happy in their work. Breakfast had a good selection on offer and eggs made to order. We would stay here again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Very good visit at the Hilton Garden Inn. Staff was very helpful at the front desk and at breakfast in the morning. Hotel was clean and adjustable mattress in our king suite room was very nice. The underground parking was very convenient and felt safe. We will be back to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Tallmadge, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

Rooms were very comfortible, and clean. Hotel staff was terrific. Pool and patio very well kept.
Beds were very comfortible, and the suite rooms were much more accommedading for golfers needing more room

Room Tip: Pick the suite for more room
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Atlanta, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Great hotel. Perfect service. Fast internet. Convenient location off the Hilton Head island. Great hotel. Perfect service. Fast internet. Convenient location off the Hilton Head island. Great hotel. Perfect service. Fast internet. Convenient location off the Hilton Head island. Great hotel. Perfect service. Fast internet. Convenient location off the Hilton Head island.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Lisbon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Stayed 9 days while exploring the area and golfing. Staff was absolutely incredible-friendly, efficient, attentive, helpful, on and on. The staff went way beyond what would be expected to help make our stay enjoyable. From manager Greg Burnes on down can't say enough good things about the staff and facility.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

My daughter and I had the pleasure of staying at the Hilton Garden Inn during our recent visit to Hilton Head. The rooms were extremely clean, the breakfast was great. Enjoyed having the pool and whirlpool to relax in. The hotel is located close to shopping, restaurants etc. The front desk staff were helpful in making wonderful suggestions. I would definitely stay at this hotel again. The General Manager, Greg Burnes came out to speak with us to make sure we were enjoying our stay. Each staff member spoke to you when they passed you in the halls etc. Joni at the Front Desk was always helpful as was Megan the Director of Sales. Thank you for the wonderful stay to the entire staff. Looking forward to a return visit soon.

Room Tip: The beds are so so comfortable!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
mt pleasant
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The room smelled like somebody had thrown up - a lot- and then it had been cleaned up and aobut a case of febreeze thrown over it instead of the carpet being properly cleaned. It was nauseating and made my eyes water and me wheeze and cough. By the time I figured out what the problem was I was already dressed for bed and so tired I just wanted to sleep and I was checking out early the next morning and a buisness partner had already told me the hotel had been overbooked that day so I didn't bother the staff about trying to move my room. The bathroom tub was large and it would have been lovely to have a bath but it looked too dirty to want to do that. Whatever unit (water/air?) was locked in the little closet in the room went on and off all night and it sounded like jet engines in the room. I got almost no sleep, I had to hunt down a zyrtec from a business partner the next morning and try and appear professional. Your lobby was pretty but I only had one suitcase so I carried it in to check in. Steps. The elevator didn't work so I had to carry it up the steps. The staff was super helpful at check in but I was told that when I left I might want to move my car to the underground parking and use another elevator to take my luggage down. How about you just fix the elevator in the lobby? I did choose the upgrade option when I checked in and if the suite hadn't been noisy and smelled gaggingly horrid and been dirty it would have been nice. I will say the inside of the fridge was clean as was the ironing board cover. Even with the upgrade when I checked out I would swear the rate was much higher than I agreed to with my online reservation. I remember thinking that but haven't checked in my computer yet. To be honest I came across your survey first in my email so answered it first. The best part about your hotel was the girl at check in. She was lovely to deal with and I saw her deal with a really grouchy man in front of me first and she handled herself beautifully. She gave me directions and answered all my questions and made sure to tell me that the internet could be tricky so if I had any problems to just call down and she'd walk me through it on the phone. I didn't have need of that but if I did I would have been grateful for it.

Room Tip: There was a breakfast available for $9.95 that I didn't eat but another person told me it was go...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank kristam26
Greg-Burnes B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, April 13, 2013
It is embarrassing when our guests have experiences that are less than our standard. Thank you for comments regarding your most recent stay at our property. The entire team recognizes the importance for each guest to be welcomed into a clean and friendly environment. It does not appear that was honored. Every room should have a neutral scent, not to disturb those with allergies. The team has been trained to address any foul smell using the proper cleaning methods including extracting the carpet when necessary. The two elevators intended to carry patrons and luggage both service all three floors as well as the garage, unlike the chair lift adjacent to the stairs which has been reported as too claustrophobic and slow. We are currently reviewing options to rectify that situation. Thank you for your concerns as well as addressing your observance of the desk member honoring the Hilton level of service. We welcome you to return and experience the service you are accustomed to receiving, and we are accustomed to giving during your next visit to Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head. Greg Burnes – General Manager greg.burnes@hilton.com