“Wonderful place to stay at Hilton Head”

Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed September 7, 2012

Was so glad to find Hilton Garden Inn on Hilton Head, because it is a clean, beautiful hotel and the staff is the nicest and most professional of any I've ever encountered anywhere. And the price is very reasonable for what you get. It's right by the bridge to Hilton Head, so very easy access to the island's beaches, golf courses, shopping and dining. And it's set back in a peaceful setting, although it's so easy to get to from the main road. I was sick and had my dog with me, and couldn't keep driving, and one of the staff was kind enough to take care of him for me. That is an example of how the dedicated professionals who work here really go out of their way for their guests. I will always stay here whenever I'm on Hilton Head.

Room Tip: Corner suites are quieter and larger, away from elevator. Rooms above first floor don't have me...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank gwenneth1212
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Thank you very much for the kind words about our hotel and my staff. I will make sure and commend Jose for taking the initiative to watch your dog.
Thanks again for the kind feedback and hope you come back and visit.

Reviewed September 5, 2012

My husband and I were on our anniversary and had spent three nights at a "cheap" motel we booked on line. We found Hilton Garden, as recommended by our neighbor, and were so glad we did! The staff was so professional, yet had a sense of humor. If we needed anything, they were right there to help. The rooms were immaculate, and I almost wished we could've spent more time in it. When we had our breakfast, the staff catered to our needs without any hesitation. We WILL be coming back to this hotel for certain. Great location, too! We spent time in Savannah and on Hilton Head Island.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tracee W
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2012

Dear Tracee W,
Thank you for the kind feedback on our hotel and my staff. I am so glad we met all your needs and also made you laugh that is a nice compliment.
Thank you very much for staying with us and please say hello on your next visit.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. The front end check in staff and managers were always nice, friendly, and eager to help - they were very professional. We were first checked into a room that was near all the meeting rooms and across from a room with the bathtub being refurbished that didn't smell good, so we requested a move. They were happy to move us to another floor. We had a nice room - we had no problems with it. They had a different bed than we were used to at the Hilton chain - this bed had dials so you could adjust the softness and hardness - I didn't mess with my side and it wasn't as comfortable as the usual beds, but I didn't really try to change it so can't say it was bad. The location is a little far from where we wanted to go in Hilton Head, but not bad for the price and we just didn't come back to the hotel as much as we would have had it been closer. Overall very happy with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank carolina2009

Thank you very much for your kind feedback about our hotel and my staff. I am very sorry about your first room location I am so glad we resolved this issue. Finding a bed that meets all needs is a big challenge in our industry. Our Sleep System adjustable bed is really is a nice compromise.
Thank you very much for staying with us and I hope you very much come back and visit. Please say hello I would enjoy meeting you.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Everything about this hotel was wonderful. We were greeted by two very friendly people - a great way to start our stay. Our room was beautiful - (and anyone who had ever read any of my reviews knows I am very fussy.) I expect a lot in terms of comfort. I go to a hotel to sleep - so I want three things: very clean, very comfortable, very quiet. Hilton Garden Inn at Hilton Head met expectations on all three counts. The room and bathroom were immaculate. I carry footies so that I don't have bare feet on a hotel room floor, and wear them almost all the time, but did not feel the need here - it was that clean. The mattresses were very comfortable. The pillows were great - and we had a variety to chooses from. And quiet!!! I didn't hear a thing until my alarm went off the next morning. I always ask for a quiet location as I am a light sleeper. I had not done so this time but clearly there was no need. We had turned off the fan once the room was cooled to our comfort level, and sometimes the fan is useful to mask other noises, so there was really no noise whatsoever - not from outside, not from the hall, not from next door. My daughter and I traveled cross-country and spent several nights in hotels. This was far and away the best find of the trip! I have been an HIE devotee for years, but I will try Hilton Garden Inn at other locations next time after our experience here. Finding the entrance is a little tricky - at least it seemed so for us in the dark and rain - but don't worry if you miss it. Just stay in the left lane, go ahead a little ways, and there will be a place to turn and go back.

Room Tip: Ask for room #100 - it was perfect
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear JWminnesota,
Thank you very much for taking your time with the response and to speak so highly of our hotel. You made my day I preach to my staff all we need to be is clean and friendly then the hotel will be successful. so I will pass on and praise my staff for doing there jobs so well.
I hope you come back and visit and please say hello.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I was on the first floor, across from a conference/meeting room above the parking garage. The room was a little noisy and the AC did not really cool the room and was loud when it ran at night. I could hear doors opening and closing as well as those entering and leaving the conference room.

The shower needs to be redone. There was mold that the housekeeping had not bleached lately on the plastic walls - should have been tiled. Water pressure was decent, especially for a hotel. The vanity, granite, looked new. The toilet looked old and should be replaced. The pillows were horrible. I had to use six of them because they flattened like pancakes.

The staff at check in and checkout were nice, and smiled. They offered sundries which was a big help. The lobby looked clean and though I did not eat the breakfast, it looked okay for a hotel. The uniforms of the staff were very casual, and it fit for the location.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow(s).
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank TravelingVixen
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Dear Traveling Vixen
I am so sorry you found your bathroom unacceptable. I can assure you that is not the standard in our hotel. We work hard to make sure our housekeepers keep each and every guest room and bathroom clean; my apologies. I’ve worked with our maintenance team to make sure all of our air conditioning units are in full working order. We also would like to apologize for the noise issues and being placed by the meeting rooms.. I hope you consider staying with us again. We’d love to have you as our guest to ensure you have the best travel experience ever.
Thank you for your feedback we learn so much from our guests.
843-837-8111

Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family occupied rooms at this hotel, I was very satisified with service, complimentary coffee, and buffet breakfast was available (although short handed in wait staff.) The only downsides were: the pool was small, no protection from the extreme heat, and my air conditioner was so noisy (one night) could not sleep at all, thought I would have gotten some compensation for my inconviencem although they did replace next day. The front desk staff person Paul Dowaschinski was very helpful to myself and entire friendly at all times.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Joy614
Steve C, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Hilton Head, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Dear Joy614,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I will share your comments with my staff and especially will recognize Paul for his great customer service.
Thanks again,

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Nice boutique hotel with nice clean rooms. Ample parking space in front and behind the hotel.

The staff were helpful and the location is peaceful and quiet.

Will surely stay here again if I visit Hilton Head again.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo

Dear Naved26,
Thank you very much for the kind feedback on my hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay in Hilton Head.
Thanks again,