“Expect Less Than Offered”

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed September 18, 2013

The only reason we stayed at Park Lane was through an owners update meeting and Park Lane is where we stayed. According to the staff they have spent a lot of money upgrading the buildings. Well, they didn't spend enough!!! I would rate this place about the same as a Red Roof Inn if that good. We never knew if the toilet would flush the entire time we were there. Yes, they had to come to the room to fix that problem. The AC unit was on the wall directly beside our bed and it ran the entire time we were there. All of that AC blowing in our faces all night long was terrible. The bathroom needed lots of work to repair the wear and tear it had. Their free breakfast was the worst I've ever seen. We didn't even bother to eat there.

Room Tip: There isn't a restaurant and we didn't participate with kid activities which I don't thi...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Darla I
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to review the Park Lane Hotel & Suites. With over 20 items from which to choose I am surprised that you did not like our continental breakfast...it is very popular with our guests as is the Starbucks coffee. We are strongly considering a hot breakfast beginning with the new year so you may want to give us a second chance in the food arena! I do want to make certain that your toilet was fixed during your stay...your review reads as if the toilet was not working the "entire" time. Please email me back with your room number so I can make certain that the issue was taken care of. We hope you visit the island soon again.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

I recently attended a 2-day conference which was held at the Park Lane Hotel. Our assigned room had an upstairs bedroom and we were surprised at how spacious it was. The suite had a full kitchen supplied with the comforts of home. Loved the fact that it had two full bathrooms (one upstairs and one down). I slept on the sofa sleeper and it wasn't bad, my sister slept upstairs in the bed and she said she got a good rest. The continental breakfast included the basic continental stuff, we actually brought items with us and ate in our room one morning but did take advantage of the hotel breakfast on the morning of our departure. We tried to take advantage of the exercise room but it isn't connected where you can enter through the hotel lobby and the lighting was poor. It was very small with only a couple of equipment pieces and my sister and I were only there for 5 mins.....didn't feel safe since it was so closed off and felt isolated. Our conference room was a nice size, we had about 80 participants and enjoyed having a conference room which was equipped with a kitchen as well as a nice lobby area with restrooms. The hotel location was great, close proximity to plenty of restaurants and we took advantage of shopping at the Tanger Outlets (great deals). The hotel does allow pets, I was a bit concerned and called to inquire about getting a room that did not have any previous pet guests....I was advised that they could not guarantee it because at some point, all rooms have had pets in them. The associate advised me that the rooms are thoroughly cleaned after a pet has left and I must say -- the room did not smell of a pet. The balcony could have used a good cleaning but other than that, we enjoyed our weekend stay.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GAFamilyTraveler
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Thanks for reviewing your stay with us. Many of our guests love the lofts because of the convenience of having two bathrooms. I'm glad you found our Banquet Room top notch - the kitchen area is definitely an added benefit. Look forward to hosting your group again in the future.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel about 4 different times in the last year. Overall it's been good, but they add on a mandatory "resort fee" of, during our recent stay, just under $10 / night. This is, of course, just a devious way to advertise a room for less than what they actually charge. Perhaps other hotels do the same. At minimum, it seems like false advertising to me. Carefully check the "taxes & fees" bottom line before you reserve.

Room Tip: Listen for a few minutes after you get into your room. During one of our stays, we were on the top...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 8,005,551,212
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thanks for your review and your continued patronage of the Park Lane. Yes we do charge a facilities fee also known as a resort fee which allows us to offer amenities and services for a nominal all-inclusive fee. We certainly do not want any of our guests to feel that they have been deceived which is why our fees are outlined on all travel sites in addition to our confirmations. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We got a special on-line deal via the internet. Would have been cheaper IF we agreed to do a timeshare tour (NOT). Room layout was poor (no formal desk to do work on) and bathroom fixtures and counters were cheap. Room was clean, bed was OK, but AC was noisy. They allow dogs... we had a barker close by.. Free breakfast was OK. Location was close to island "toe" so we did not have to drive far to get to our annual timeshare. Probably would not go back... Too many other options in Hilton Head.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review. I am going to assume that you did not contact the front desk about the barking because we have a strict policy that if a guests pet disturbs another guest repeatedly they are charged and those that were bothered receive a lesser bill. I apologize for the disturbance and any inconvenience it caused.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights on labor day weekend. It was in close driving distance to the beach, shopping and entertainment. the room was clean and very up to date. We had a loft room. The loft was a little noisy because it was on the roof where the AC units were located making it very noisy when sleeping. My Sons slept on the pull out couch bed...very poor condition, the frame of the sleeping part was broken and the mattress was very worn...not comfortable at all. The pool was very warm because it was so shallow making it uncomfortable to swim during the day. I really wanted to use the Jacuzzi but it was way too hot. It was showing 110 degrees but it was even too hot to soak your feet. The room as I said was very clean...However we did see a few German cockroaches in our room. The continental breakfast had a variety of food, 4 cereals, grits, oatmeal, muffins, toast, fruit, juice and Starbucks coffee. Minus the few cockroaches that I squashed, I would say for the location and being that it was a labor day weekend I was very pleased with the room

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
12parklane, General Manager at Park Lane Hotel and Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thanks for your review. Labor Day weekend is one of our busiest weekends of the season and always fun! I am concerned about the sleeper sofa being broken. Should you have an opportunity to let us know what room you were in please do so in order to replace that item. Hope to see you sooner than next Labor Day!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed 4 nights while vacationing at Hilton head. Centrally located without frills. Reasonable price and good service. Morning breakfast can improve with addition of more protein!. There is privacy and noise level is not an issue.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Shawn D