“Bed bugs.”

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed April 15, 2012

We stayed there for 3 days & 2 nights. Family of four. The stay was okay the staff said hi & bye when they saw us, but wasn't very helpful in doing anything. The pool was closed until the last day we were there, but seemed dirty. The biggest problem was when we got back from the trip we discovered we had brought home bed bugs from the hotel. Now we have the problem of getting rid of them. I WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND THIS PLACE TO ANYONE. I am disgusted & outraged by this discovery. I am highly disappointed because I expected better out of Hilton head.

• Stayed: April 2012
10  Thank Sharonnaomiluv

Reviewed April 14, 2012

If you’re into the promise of amenities but the in ability to follow thru this is your place... Upon first glance this appears to be a good bang for your buck. After the first night the only thing banging will be your head from all the noise.. And God forbid, if you call to complain they will find a way to add charges to your bill... Shoppers Beware!!!! I will be posting pictures of some of the "fine Amenities" but keep in mind the Extremely loud "Water Hammer" noise in the bathroom. The Refrigerator that sounded like it was going to lift off in to space. And last but definitely not least the smell from the garbage disposal and the water heater in a closet right in the room unit was so bad I personally went and got a cleaner for the unit at the local Wal-Mart... Spoke to "Mary" at front desk and besides informing me she was an "ex smoker"??? was told there was nothing the hotel could do during our stay!!!! And we found and additional 100 billed to our credit card for smoking in the room!!! Well being that me and my wife are both nonsmokers this is extremely ludicrous and being that the hotel allows the hotel patrons to smoke in all common areas (pool, even their own balcony.. WHERE IF YOU LEAVE YOUR BALCONY DOOR OPEN THE PERSON BELOW YOU IS PUFFING AWAY ON A CIGAR THE SMOKE MAY TRAVEL IN YOUR ROOM.... But Again its strongly believed this bill was a form of retaliation in regards to the many complaints about the room!!! Funny thing is we liked the fact this was a "SMOKE FREE" Hotel.. They just failed to tell us the smoke free is limited to only the interior of the building but if you like you can smoke on your balcony and make everyone else enjoy your wonderful smell. So beyond that the paint peeling from the ceiling. The kitchen Sink with the handle that if you lift up comes right off the sink. The toilet paper holder that is on upside down and with one screw that thinks it’s a see-saw. The Water heater built for one shower!!!!! The pipes sticking out of the wall in the shower. The Fun way how when you pull the knob to turn the water on in the shower the tub spout jumps off the wall like it wants to bite you… The exposed wiring in the cabinets.(Major Code Violation by the way, Requires Conduit) The Jacuzzi that apparently never works. And just the staffs overall inablity to be helpful in any sense of the word... Literally, all I got out of Mary the "Ex-Smoker", lol, was I should smoke on the balcony with the door closed??? I DONT SMOKE!!! lmao.. Maybe someone should have told us to make sure our balcony door was closed (even though we were on the third floor) because if someone outside smoked "in the SMOKE-FREE" (lmao) hotel and it went in our room we would be billed for it!!!! So with this said, this has to be the worst hotel me and my wife have ever had the displeasure of being invited to!!!! Oh, my wife just reminded me.. When we smelled the odor in the room and checked the garbage disposal unit we turned it on we discovered whom ever stayed in the room prior to us must of had a baby cause there was plastic bottle flying out of it…. Honest one would think a hotel would check these prior to allowing a guest to check in.. And this I had to save for last cause I almost hit the floor laughing when I tried to open the oven and realized due to the knobs on the 70’s style cabinets the door would only open about six inches or so.. We made a video in an effort to help people from having the same experience that we had so if you would like a copy of the two and a half minute video please send your request to Perfectionautomotive@live.com and just put video request in the subject. I will try to get back to you as soon as I can.... Hope this has been helpful... What a complete Failure this Hotel was…. Be Cautioned!!!!!

Room Tip: Room 325 has the best view but is completely falling apart....
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Dillon L
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed at the Park Lane Hotel for 4 nights during spring break last week. The property is emmaculate, the room was spotless, kitchen area very efficient and was able to make some great meals!! Pool area nice. The only negative is the Front Desk Staff. Upon arrival ( we came a few hours early!) the girl didnt even look up, said " Be with you in a minute" and ignored us. No smile, no hospitality, very abrupt....( if you go she is pregnant...had a bad day??) No customer service whatsoever. We were dismissed until the appropriate checkin time. Otherwise, it was a great experience and we would stay there again! I hope they can train the Front Desk staff to be more courteous.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank elreylover
Reviewed April 3, 2012

Peeling paint on ceiling and doors should be an easy fix, perhaps it is on their spring to-do list. Get a 3rd floor loft, if you can. We had a 1st floor room and the "balcony" area was so tiny you had to inhale to fit 2 people. Also this hotel allows dogs up to 100 lbs, which can be a problem if they bark. The pool was not openend yet, and the outdoor whirlpool spa was broken. On a high note, they DO have great Starbucks coffee in the lobby, and they are on the bike trail that weaves around the island. The floors are thin and we heard people walking overhead into the night, another reason to choose the 3rd floor loft. The staff is friendly and accommodating.

Room Tip: As mentioned previously, choose a 3rd floor loft, and get one facing the rear of the property for pr...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DeliciousD007
Reviewed April 3, 2012

We bid on a stay at this hotel through an online charity auction that was handled by a third party. Having stayed at the Park Lane before, and having had a very positive experience in the past, we happily bid for another stay at the Park Lane, Upon arrival at the third party check-in site, we were informed that the Park Lane was booked and were told we would have to stay at the Quality Inn (which isn't even CLOSE to Park Lane in quality). Everyone arriving was being told the same thing by this 3rd party site. Go to the Quality Inn, your (better) hotel is overbooked. It was a classic bait and switch. We left this third party site and went to the Park Lane Hotel. We asked to speak with the General Manager, and showed him our paperwork and explained the situation. The General Manager and his staff made some calls and generally went out of their way to resolve this situation on a day that they were very booked up and busy. They gave us a lovely King room with a full kitchen, fireplace, sofa and flat screen televison. Aside from the General Manager, the man working at the front desk was extremely helpful and understanding, too. I feel they went above and beyond to help resolve our very unfortunate experience. They knew we had bid on a trip specifically for the Park Lane, because of prior visits to this hotel. We have always had a wonderful vacation at Park Lane. The pool was open on our arrival on April 2nd. The room we had was very much like a condo type of suite. We had a full kitchen with granite countertops and a comfortable king bed. Again, I would recommend a stay at the Park Lane. They do care about their customers and in this situation, their help was very much appreciated!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank linzeSC
Reviewed April 1, 2012

Used a groupon for this 3 night stay. We had to book a second room because they booked all rooms that held 6 people (which is what the groupon guaranteed). They gave us an ok price for the second room compared to the regular rate of $129 per night. There is a resort fee but this is a hotel. The pictures online and all the mumbo jumpo they put in there is VERY deceiving. The service was horrible as well. Very rude desk attendants. Like they are paid minimum wage and don't really care about anyone or anything. They act like your business doesn't matter to them. They also did not advertise that the pool would be closed during our stay. They never said a word about it and when we mentioned that, the desk clerk said "well we aren't in season for the pool so sorry" as she walked away. I can guarantee we will never ever ever be back. This place is a joke.

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank Hudbucket
Reviewed March 30, 2012

The hotel is nice enough, the bathroom was rather small, but the full size kitchen made up for it. It is a pet friendly property; we had no problems at all with our lab. I was surprised by the “Hotel Facilities Daily Charge” of $9.50 and since the pool wasn’t even opened I don’t know what I was being charged for....The front desk was very nice and changed our reservation from a loft room to a double size bed with a sofa bed to accommodate my son that came with us in the last minute.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family