“Great Value and a Great Location”

Park Lane Hotel and Suites
Ranked #17 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Cocoa, Florida
“Great Value and a Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

We bought this deal for a quick get-away, and we loved the fact that the loft unit had a full kitchen and two bathrooms. The location was great, within walking distance from Nick's Steak and Seafood, just minutes away from other restaurants we had planned on visiting, and only 2 miles from the beach. They have Starbucks Coffee around the clock, plus filtered water in the lobby, which was very important to us, since you can't drink the tap water on Hilton Head. The phones in the suite did not work, I complained about it, no one fixed it, but at the end of the stay, they were gracious about it and waived the resort fee to make up for it. We're looking forward to staying there again. The place is big enough to accommodate a family or 2 couples.

Room Tip: It was just the two of us, but we chose the loft unit, so we had a living area downstairs and the be...
1 Thank Renate1111

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (137)
Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2011

First of all, let me say that we didn't really choose this hotel. We bought a "deal" that let us stay 4 days/3 nites if we attended a timeshare presentation. So, we were assigned this hotel as part of the pkg. I must say it really was ok. It's not the Ritz (not even close!), but for a basic hotel, it was good. The checkin was odd, frankly. We arrived about 30 minutes before the official check-in time, and the clerk was very clear that he wouldn't let us check in. He kept telling us to "come back in 30 minutes." There were several couples/guests who arrived about the same time, and there weren't many cars in the parking lot, so it seemed a little rude. There doesn't seem to be any independent thinking. I had just spent some time in Daytona at the Holiday Inn Resort (fabulous customer service) so maybe it was just culture shock.

The hotel was very clean. It had a fireplace, but we didn't even try to turn it on. Nice touch, tho. Big tv, The full kitchen had granite counters w/ nice stools to eat at the bar plus a small table w/ 2 chairs. Nice fridge and stove (also very clean). The sofa was comfortable (it was a sleeper sofa, btw). I did spray everything w/ Lysol, but I do that every place I stay. Bathroom was good size with marble counter & also very clean. Cheap soap/shampoo, but nothing unexpected. I'm short so I didn't notice how low the sink is. My husband (avg hgt) noticed it. Good shower.

The hotel is not on the beach. It's about 1/2 mile to free parking for Forest Beach. Nice beach There is a breakfast, but I bought my own yogurt/fruit, so I didn't eat it. I did, however, drink the coffee--Starbuck's! And, it was available 24/hr day. Good selection of hot tea was also available.
area w/ good restaurants/shops at Coligny Plaza.

One thing to know is there is a "resort" fee of $9.50 per day. This seems to be routine these days. It's supposed to cover 24/hr wifi, etc. With the price we got, we just paid w/ no issue.

All in all, nice stay. I wouldn't pay a lot for a room, but it is safe, clean, and closer to a beach than my house!

Room Tip: Ask for a king/queen bed room. Supposedly, loft rooms get hot.
5 Thank MissIzzy
Blue Hill, Maine
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2011

I am a local and have stayed there often in years past. Been recently bought out however. Nice place to stay away from the beach. Ask for a room away from the first floor ice machine. Very loud. And make sure you ask about the "Hotel Facilities Fee". When I checked out I noticed a $9.50 charge for the night. The desk lady pointed to a little plackard in front of me. There the fee was noted. It cover things like breakfast, newspaper, computer availablkity, pool etc etc etc. I have stayed in a number of Hamptons and other hotels lately and and breakfast, newspaper, wi fi etc. was always included in the price quoted over the phone.. Add on Hilton Heads occupancy tax $4.95 and SC Xtate tax 6% ($5.94) and you end up with almost 120.00. No question this is one on the nicer/safer away from beach places to stay on Hilton Head but the unexpected $9.50 charge was not appreciated. The desk Lady explained that resorts in Miami have it. i nicely explained I was not in Miami and thet the hotel was just that....a hotel, and not a resort. I dont know if the 9.50 is a nightly charge.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank MeMaine
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

Room-
2 queen beds (pretty comfortable)
small sofa/cofee table
full kitchen/small dining table
(kitchen included plates, cups etc.)
average outdoor pool with deck area
no major complaints, free continental breakfast, newspaper, Internet and local calls
key cards did not work very well, frustrating
timeshare phone call, annoying
decent location, few miles from main part of town/beach/shopping
given the price, I would stay here again
$9.50 resort fee charged daily, payable upon check-out

Room Tip: stock up on drinks and snacks at the grocery store located about 2 miles away
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank divetravler
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We liked this hotel and the location was pretty good. Starbucks coffee in the lobby 24 by 7 was good. Room design not great but good size of the suite. Breakfast could be better.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank AshishH
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2011

We stayed there over Labor Day weekend and were quite surprised. The price was less than $100 per night plus their resort fee of $10.50, which for a weekend like that was very reasonable. We picked the unit with the balcony which gave us a lots of room, and two bathrooms. The units also include full kitchen which is nice to save money. The rooms were clean, and while the hotel has seen better days, it is still well taken care of. Nice pool facility and continental breakfast. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Room with balcony allows sitting area and separate bedroom area
3 Thank BeachbumRaleigh_NC
Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

We decided to head to Hilton Head a day early but didn't want to pay beach prices. For the first time ever I used priceline and named my own price and ended up with this at a steal! We were very worried about what we'd get but the room was nice and clean, breakfast was good for what it was and the pool area seemed nice. I want to say I actually looked for nastiest based on some of the reviews and could not find any hairs, dirt, etc. anywhere within the hotel. Thumbs up for a great value!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple