1. The grounds are well kept with and the staff is helpful and friendly.
2. On the beach. The beach is hard packed and deep making for great walking, biking, and just relaxing a pleasure. Being off-season (early Oct.) the beach was not crowded.
3. Location: Monarch is conveniently located in the Sea Pines Plantation section of Hilton Head. Easy to find and close to several golf courses and marinas.
1. The Monarch, like several other Marriott properties on the island is a timeshare. You will not find full hotel accommodations here.
2. This is one of the oldest properties in the Marriot portfolio (30 years old) and the suites, as noted in the information provided upon arrival, are about to undergo a face-lift later this year. The suites can accommodate four adults comfortably, but they are smaller than those found at Marriott’s newer locations and could be a bit tight for a large family
3. If you have not been to Hilton Head, be aware that the “plantations” are controlled by passes. When you first arrive at sea Pines Plantation, for example, you will pass through a guarded gate and will have to pay $5/vehicle for admittance. If staying at a hotel, they will provide a permit covering the remainder of your stay.
In sum, the Monarch is a good place to stay with the convenience of a wide beach, nice pool and easy access to many attractions on the island.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Marriott, Priceline, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott`s Monarch At Sea Pines Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriotts Hilton Head
- Marriotts Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriott Hilton Head