2,218 results
All reviews ocean front marriott resort oceanfront room pool area self parking palmetto dunes gift shop an upgrade beautiful beach business center general store an umbrella bit dated long weekend off season nice resort fitness center
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This is run down and operated very poorly. Rooms on the 3rd floor are literally on the lobby and you hear people all night. No chairs on balcony, carpet filthy, SERVICE TERRIBLE! Had to go three floors to find a working ice machine. FOOD TERRIBLE and no Vegetarian options...hostess offered a salad and crab cakes. Will not go back for any reason. Good thing was that this is a conference. Even free this place is horrible.

Room Tip: Do NOT accept a room on the third floor.
  • Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Liz A
TeamMarriott, Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Liz A.,

Thank you for choosing our hotel and for sharing your experience. We are grateful for the feedback and assure you it will be used to better our services and accommodations. We have shared your comments with the appropriate individuals to make any appropriate changes. We hope we will have another occasion to welcome you back and exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed the very friendly and courteous staff. We did have a problem with the door locking mechanism, but the maintenance staff quickly resolved it ,and we barely noticed the slight inconvenience. The grounds were very neat and clean and restaurants were great. Walking along the beach at dusk is fantastic.

Stayed: October 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Wirehandj,

Thank you for staying at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa and for the excellent review! We are committed to ensuring a memorable experience for every guest, so it's always great to receive comments like yours about our excellent service. We appreciate you choosing us and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hotel has rooms with a large balcony looking out over the Ocean. It is so relaxing to sit there and listen to the waves hitting the shore. The rooms are comfortable with a good sized tv. Bathrooms are big with a walk in shower. Staff is very friendly and outgoing.

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple

Dear Barb125,

Thank you for the wonderful review of Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa! We are delighted you enjoyed our courteous service and comfortable accommodations along with the amazing beach view. It was our pleasure having you, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Here was a great property at one time. Now they have no service, no action and probably no business.
The issue stems from our calling the hotel to cancel a reservation. Julie Owens, reservations, took our timely cancellation and promised to put our points back into our Marriott account, that was a month and a half ago and no points have been refunded. Now we are into three phone calls with messages and still no action. I guess they are just going to pocket my 240,000 points.
DONT GO HERE ON POINTS

Stayed: September 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bobwineguy1
TeamMarriott, Director of Rooms at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear bobwineguy1

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take matters such as this very seriously. As a result, please allow us some time to look into this matter further.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Let me start by saying I’m a lifetime diamond member with Hilton. I’ve considered switching to Marriott many times, but hate the thought of spending a year with no status.

With that said, I am in Hilton head for a conference. My conference is at the Sonesta resort but I chose this hotel because it looked like a better property.

I broke my leg 3 weeks ago and am traveling with a scooter and crutches. Upon arrival I was met by Dino who saw I couldn’t walk without assistance so he gave me complimentary valet parking. What a huge help.

Then the front desk gentlemen upgraded me to an ocean view room for being an elite member and because I chose this hotel over my conference hotel.

Not much chance Hilton would have done either for me without making me beg for it. I’m probably going to start building my nights now with Marriott. I travel 100+ nights a year so good for them and great job to the staff here at this property. Can’t wait to try to restaurants

Stayed: October 2018, traveled on business

Dear BLS12,

Thank you so much for the amazing remarks and for taking the time to compliment our hardworking team. We are delighted to know you received outstanding service from our associates and that they took great care of you. Dino will be so glad to hear your praises. We appreciate you choosing Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa and look forward to your many more visits in the future!