Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort(Hilton Head)
  • Pool
Motel 6 Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
  • Pool
  • Fitness center
Good 3.5/5
Hilton Head Resort(Hilton Head)
2,094 results
All reviewsocean frontmarriott resortoceanfront roompool deckself parkingpalmetto dunesgift shopan upgradebeautiful beachbusiness centergeneral storean umbrellabit datedlong weekendoff seasonnice resortshelter cove
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on business for 3 nights. Great time, wish the weather was warmer to enjoy the pool but it was still sunny and nice out. The hotel staff was friendly. The balcony was spacious, the location is great (palmetto dunes is so nice!). This is probably my first experience of the hotel finding a reasonable temperature for our meeting...usually they are uncomfortably over air conditioned. There is a poolside bar and nice sitting areas. The rooms are nothing extra. I will say that i would not stay here in my dime. They charge over $300/night during the summer which is absolutely outrageous. Its a good hotel, but nothing over the top to justify that price. I can see paying $230/ nt for ocean front at this hotel, not more than that.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank JennaRitter
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My daughter and I stayed here one weekend in January due to a competition being held at this resort. We enjoyed our stay. This resort lived up to the Marriott name, as far as hospitality and comfort. Like others have mentioned, the hotel definitely is dated, but the all the amenities that you would come to expect are still there. We stayed in the main building where you check in. We loved having the beach right out the back door! We are already planning our next trip back just to enjoy tr ue family time without the worry of the competition!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GASOCCERMOM
HiltonHeadManagement, Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear GASoccermom,

We are certainly glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We also appreciate you taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. You'd be happy to know that we are scheduled for a "makeover" in the Fall of 2014.

We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed March 11, 2014

This is a circa 1970s Hotel that has a wonderful location on Hilton Head and offers impeccible service. Sure the rooms are a bit dated , but the overall condition of the Hotel is very good, and it is easy to see there are constants efforts to keep it in tip top shape. The balance of how a place rates in my category, is based on service and not just the whether the Hotel is the prettiest in the area. This Hotel seems to often have very competitive rates and the bulk of the rooms face the ocean , so the views are calming and beautiful. You can not hardly walk anywhere in this Marriott without someone asking if they can help you, and small afternoon snacks are provided along with an exceptional conceirge service for those looking for those amenities. Why is this place not ranked excellent is only due to the fact that I would not like to misrepresent the overall accomodations. If you are looking for a pleasant place to stay, that has a welcoming staff, good amenities, but is not quite as plush as a new resort, then this spot will more than meet your needs. Great example of an older Hotel, working to keep constantly up to date, that has a little bit of wear on the edges just due to normal age, but has the staff, the service, the amenities at a very , very good price that it would be hard to complain. Fair pricing deserves a fair appraisal, and you honestly get more than you paid for here. Don't hesitate to order the She-Crab soup in their Restaurant ---- literally the best we had during our entire stay in South Carolina , no other eating establishment could muster up to their recipe !!

Room Tip: Ask for a 8th or 9th floor room facing the ocean ---- great view and quieter up high.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Viper 51,

Thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We have to admit, our she-crab soup is the best on the island!! Also you'd be happy to know that we are scheduled for a "makeover" in the Fall of 2014.

Please be sure to visit with us again!!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were here Summer of 2013. We were in the angled building that is closer to the beach. We stay here 2 times a year. We LOVE the location, the amenities and the staff are great.

Unfortunately, our room was not very good this time. We had mold in our room. And, the room had a terrible smell due to this problem. Because the hotel was full they weren't able to move us until 3 days later. They made sure we had a great new room. The manager credited me points on my Marriott account among other things.

One thing for sure is Marriott is a great hotel. They rectify things right away and make sure you are completely satisfied. The response was almost immediate.

My kids love the pool area, we even rented a space with umbrella one day which was great. The service at the poolside grill is great and the food is good too.

We're headed back here again the Spring. I find it easier than renting a condo and less expensive. My room had a small fridge which is great for snack and bottled waters.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Clairenmaddy,

Thank you for continuing to be a loyal Marriott Rewards member and for staying with us here at the Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced during your stay. We appreciate you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are always looking to improve how we serve our guests.

We look forward to your return visit!

Reviewed March 10, 2014

I picked this hotel for a quick last minute gateway after a planned Caribbean trip fell through. I read the reviews on here and found a good online rate, so accepted that the hotel may look a little dated and tired based on reviews on here.

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived. While the exterior of the hotel is a little uninspiring, and appears to be from the "The More Concrete The Better" school of architecture, the interior exceeded my expectations by a wide margin.

Checkin was fast and friendly with a complimentary room upgrade. As a rewards member I was also entered into a daily drawing for a $50 room credit. My room was oceanview, but on the third floor, so the view was more of the pool area and trees. It was still an attractive view though, and I actually liked the trees outside the room. The room itself was large, clean, and comfortable. The bathroom was modern and also very clean with no tub but a very large shower. There was a nice selection of what appeared to be high-end toiletries.

It was a little cool for the beach during my stay, but I did walk out briefly, and the beach is very nice for the SC coast. The pool area bar had very friendly and attentive service. Tonya, Chris, and Max were the three working during my stay and I never had to wait for any kind of service. The bar is in the shade well before sunset and due to the cool weather it was closed up fairly early.

I had dinner at Conroy's Restaurant inside the hotel. My service was good (Trevor) but it seemed overall they may have been understaffed for the level of business. Several people were having service issues, but the staff handled it well, particularly one guest who became pretty obnoxious. Food was OK....not the best ever. I had crab cakes and found them to be way too dense, more like hockey pucks than seafood. The sides were good, but not really worth the $24 for the meal.

Overall a nice weekend getaway experience, with the food being the only letdown, and it wasn't really that bad. Service was great, and the hotel itself was much nicer than I was expecting based on what I had read.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo

Dear Nickpilot,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with valuable feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve how we service our guests. We will be sure to thank Tonya, Chris, Max and Trevor for their great service and attention.

Again, thank you for staying with us!