“Pay the higher rate and stay at the Westin”

Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is a good location but rooms are very tired and I could hear everything in the room next to me. The Westin is much nicer so pay the 50.00 extra per night and stay at the best hotel on the island.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank Susan M
HiltonHeadManagement, Manager at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Susan M,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

You may be happy to know that we are scheduled to undergo a renovation Fall 2014. Please be sure to revisit with us!

Reviewed January 19, 2014

This was our first trip to Hilton Head and we ended up LOVING this place! The staff at this resort went above and beyond in every way! The welcome every time you stepped in the place was amazing! We unknowingly was offered an upgrade once we got there! We ended up with the Presidential suite! We thought we died and went to heaven! it was gorgeous! The rugs needed replacing and a few updates were needed but we had a wonderful stay! The restaurant in the hotel was amazing-and we are hard to please "foodies". The free parking was a perk. We were just a few steps from the pools and the beach. What a wonderful beach! We so enjoyed our sunrise and sunset walks on the beach. The resort was located very nicely on the island and there were many great restaurants nearby. As you walked into the resort from a walk or shopping, etc., they always had infused water for you to quench your thirst. If you have never come to Hilton Head-get there! AND stay here!

Room Tip: Ask if the Presidential Suite is available!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank geejam

Dear Gee Jam,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will share your comments with our staff as well. If you are ever in the area again, please be sure to visit with us. We are scheduled for a renovation Fall 2014.

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

I am a loyal marriott customer, however I almost canceled my reservation and chose a different hotel after reading reviews. I have not been lead astray by marriott so I decided to stick with it and I'm so glad I did! From the moment I pulled up to the valet, until the moment my stay ended, I was treated like a princess by the staff. I was fortunate that I traveled during the off season, so I was upgraded to a VP suite (room 276) I believe. The room was amazing! It had 3 balconies, 2 with a view of the pools and one large one with a view of the ocean. The bedroom had a large balcony and was amazing to wake up to the sun coming up over the ocean. The suite was complete with candles on the dining table. The hotel was very clean and had very friendly staff. There was an amazing sand castle in the lobby. The hotel is located on the beach, which was awesome. I had dinner at conroys that was delicious and again experience amazing staff. I had breakfast in the cafe (?) that was also delicious. I was so spoiled in 24 hours that I definitely plan to go back! The only pitfall was that I stayed during the record cold spell and the heat in the lobby and restaurants was not functioning properly ~ however once again the incredible staff saved the day by bringing me a space heater. Awesome stay ~ confused by prior reviews.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank GertieRN

Dear Gertie RN,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your valuable feedback. We are so glad that despite some not so pleasant reviews, you decided to stay with us! We're even more thrilled that we exceeded your expectations.

If you're ever in the area again, please plan on staying with us! As you know, we will not disappoint!
We are scheduled for a renovation fall 2014.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

This was my second stay at the Hilton Head Marriott. I had called the hotel a couple of days before checking in to extend my stay by one night. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived to learn that I had been "upgraded" to an oceanfront suite. The suite was simply a larger room at the ocean end of the south tower building. Previously I had stayed in an ocean front room in the main tower. The hotel is definitely showing its age, and I was pleased to read a comment from the management that the hotel will be renovated soon.
Overall, the hotel is in a great location, and my room was on the top floor of the south tower, so it had an unobstructed view as close to the water as possible. I was also happy to learn that the resort fee now includes in-room wifi. Parking was free in the garage, though I'm not sure if this is year-round. The Marriott is on a great stretch of beach and is great for long walks in the morning and afternoon.
The bathroom is quite awkward, so I hope the layout will be changed during the renovation process. The shower door opens out right next to the bathroom door. There is no way to turn on the water without actually getting into the shower which can be a bit challenging given the awkward location of the shower door. The water pressure was seriously lacking as well.
I used the indoor pool several times, but was disappointed to see that there is a leak in the glass roof (quite noticeable during the rain while I was there).
Overall, this is still a great property, and I look forward to returning after the renovations are completed.

Room Tip: Go for the oceanfront room (high floor is best)!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank lirwin13
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Stayed for one night for business Check in was great friendly assistant manager checked me in. Rooms are tired and worn but the the location on the beach and the grounds are great. Liked the free parking. If I was to come back and stay longer with the family and use Marriott points I probably would look to another property based off the room

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2014

We stayed here a couple of nights after New Years just to see what Hilton Head was all about. As a Life-time Platinum Rewards member, I've stayed at many, many properties over the years. This is definitely one that is showing its age and in need of refreshing to newer decor. Another area for improvement is housekeeping. We called three times to have feather pillows replaced with foam to no avail during our first night .... the morning after left a special request again to have them changed out .... again, to no avail. Finally got ahold of the assistant manager and presto. Not good service in my book. All this said, the food and food service was great .... both room service as well as main dining room. Probably overall a good value for the price paid given that we stayed during off season and the hotel was not full.

Room Tip: Would recommend ocean view in one of the top floors (7+)
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 28, 2013

the saving grace for this hotel is the customer service, beach and surrounding location. The rooms themselves are shabby -- faded curtains, dingy bedspreads. Also, there was a roach in my room! I think that about covers it.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends