We statyed at this property recently and I was pleasantly surprised. We went because we got "tricked" into paying $199 for a Marriott timeshare presentation with a phone call solicitation about a year ago and when we realized it was nonrefundable we had to use it. Honestly I was dreading this trip because of all the bad reviews about this property. People had mentioned moldy, dirty rooms with substandard bathrooms but our room was not like that. The only thing I saw that I can mention is there were some dark stains on the walls that could have been mold or might have just needed to be repainted. The mini frig was very iced up so that limited what we could put in it. The housekeeping lady who was on our floor the 3 days we were there was grouchy and rude when we passed her in the hall or asked for anything like an extra towel or shower cap. She was frequently angrily mumbling to herself or complaining to other staff in the hall. The young man who was a housekeeper on our floor the day we checked out was very friendly and polite. She needs to take a lesson from him in guest relations. The beds were very comfortable and the airconditioner/thermostat was great because of the fact that it wasn't cutting off and on all night. This hotel needs to address the fact that people need more outlets between the bed for charging cell phones at night. Maybe a lamp with outlets in the base would be a good option. The front desk staff was very friendly and I felt like everyone I talked to at the front desk was well trained, professional and accomodating.
I was very surprised at the concierge service. I didn't talk to anyone there who seemed to be real familiar with the area. Debbie was polite but always seemed distracted and didn't really have advice or opinions. She was just able to pull up websites and menus when i asked about specific places. I expected to be able to get advice on local restaurants from someone who was very familiar with the area and I couldn't. The other ladies who worked at this desk seemed even less familiar with the area. Overall, I felt like this is not a $300/night hotel which is approximately the price if we hadn't done the timeshare presentation, but it was a $100 per night hotel for sure. I read in prior reviews that the elevators were slow and small but there were 3 and they seemed very fast, bright and clean. There is not much beach at high tide but lots of flat hard beach at low tide, perfect for riding bikes. The sand is very fine and was blowing in our faces when we tried to sit on the beach. The beach was ok in late September but I imagine that in the summer when the resort is full, the beach would be very crowded since the strip of usuable sand for chairs is minimal and the line where the lifeguards place the chairs is right in line with dried up sticks, maybe sea oats that they don't clean from the beach, so it's hard to stick your toes in the sand. This was our first trip to Hilton Head and I was surprised at how dark it is at night and signage is so minimal that it is hard to find where to turn onto the property. It is this way all over the island. It is even hard to find anything during the day because most of the shopping areas are not visible from the main road. They are behind trees and you really have to be paying attention or you will miss your turn. We tried to find things to do each evening and went to all the marina's that were promoted as interesting tourists areas but we were disappointed. Nothing much interesting going on at Hilton Head. There again, maybe this is different during the summer. The only restaurants we ate at that we would go to again were Skull Creek Boathouse for dinner and Stacks for Breakfast.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a premier oceanfront hotel at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa. Our world-class resort in Hilton Head, SC offers you an island escape in utter paradise. Enjoy newly renovated guestrooms, award-winning dining, three championship golf courses and spa. In addition, our distinctive Hilton Head oceanfront hotel's staff always delivers superior service to make your stay even more special. Our outstanding family-friendly retreat also offers a wide array of impressive amenities, including golf, tennis, biking, parasailing and so much more. Take advantage of our unbeatable location and enjoy easy access to a variety of nearby destinations, including local airports, shopping and popular tourist attractions. Plus, this Hilton Head resort provides dynamic event spaces, creating an ideal location to host your celebration or professional conference. Experience supreme relaxation and scenic views at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Head Marriott Resort And Spa
- Hilton Head Marriott Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriott Hilton Head