My husband wanted an oceanfront hotel, I wanted a comfortable bed, the kids wanted an indoor pool, and we needed to take them school shopping (outlets). With a certain budget in mind, we had to choose between unknown hotels in Myrtle Beach or the Marriott (which we prefer) in Hilton Head. (Marriott Oceanfronts in Myrtle Beach this time of the year are usually booked or overpriced.) We chose Hilton Head and it was the best decision ever! I'm always hesitant when I read hotel reviews because you don't know the people giving them. What may be nice to one person may not work for me. I admit that I am a hotel snob. When I go in a room, I'm checking linens, bathrooms, floors...everything. This Marriott is an older property but that didn't take away from our experience. We stayed on the 5th floor. We had a great view of the pool and the ocean. Spacious room, bathroom and balcony... My family of four had plenty of room to move around. Even with the rain, we all got what we wanted out of the trip.
There were some issues... The indoor pool was heated but the room was freezing. The bubbles in the hot tub looked dirty (people were coming in directly from the beach). We found some staff who came and fixed those issues. There was a wait for breakfast that Saturday morning. The young lady seated several people before us. We were having such a good time, I decided not to make a big deal about it.
My husband surprised me with a massage. It was my first time using a Marriott spa. The ambience, the experience... It exceeded my expectations and made up for all the minor issues :-). The tip was automatically included in the price. I've never done that before but it was worth every penny!
I go to Myrtle Beach for my job sometimes. However, when it comes to vacation and relaxation, I would choose Hilton Head and this Marriott again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a premier oceanfront hotel at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa. Our world-class resort in Hilton Head, SC offers you an island escape in utter paradise. Enjoy newly renovated guestrooms, award-winning dining, three championship golf courses and spa. In addition, our distinctive Hilton Head oceanfront hotel's staff always delivers superior service to make your stay even more special. Our outstanding family-friendly retreat also offers a wide array of impressive amenities, including golf, tennis, biking, parasailing and so much more. Take advantage of our unbeatable location and enjoy easy access to a variety of nearby destinations, including local airports, shopping and popular tourist attractions. Plus, this Hilton Head resort provides dynamic event spaces, creating an ideal location to host your celebration or professional conference. Experience supreme relaxation and scenic views at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and HRS so you can book your Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Head Marriott Hotel Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Hilton Head