We recently stayed at the HH Marriott for the annual GDA conference and we were pleasantly surprised. Thankfully, I had read the reviews so I KNEW to request anything BUT the 3rd floor (due to the location of the check-in desk, bars and restaurants AND the noise level:). This resort is located in the Palmetto Dunes resort area with a golf course and alot of private residences close by. Its nestled way back in the resort on the beach. When we arrived, we were pointed towards a lower parking lot for parking. Unfortunately, the only way that we were able to gain entry to the hotel was to walk up a hill to the front door. We checked in and were told that our group had rooms on the 3rd Floor (!!!), I quickly asked for anything quiet and away from elevators and noise AND something other than the 3rd floor. The front desk manager (female- can't remember her name but she was EXCEPTIONAL :) assigned us to the 6th floor, all the way towards the end of the hall :) We were pleasantly surprised by our room, oceanfront and a GREAT VIEW of the ocean. There were robes in the closet for us, a mini-fridge and a small coffee maker in the room also. Bath and body works items were stocked in the bathroom (the stress-relief line- orange ginger scent- yum) and everything was very clean. The beds were soft with down comforters and very clean. The A.C. was a little sticky the first night we were there, and very humid in our room. However, the next day was fine but I mentioned the girl at the front desk and she had someone service it while we were out at dinner that night. - Great service there. Also, I was pretty impressed that they were offering complimentary valet parking because they knew their lower lot was almost at full capacity. So, we were treated to free valet parking the entire 3 nights we were there, very nice. On another note, this hotel is very nice but does need some updating. Its very clear when you step onto your balcony that it hasn't been renovated in quite awhile. But, it has been kept up pretty well though. The pool area is very nice and very large and the beach is very nice also. A tip- if you want an umbrella by the pool, you better get up EARLY and get one. We were up at 8:00 am and every pool umbrella had been claimed. There aren't nearly enough of them for the amount of pool chairs outside. Also, this resort has ALOT ALOT ALOT of kids and families.. I mean ALOT of kids. Just know that. The chair rentals on the beach with the umbrellas is around $32, just so you know. You might want to bring your own chairs and umbrellas, it can get pricey.. :) We really enjoyed our trip here, and the bellhops, valet guys and employees were all super nice and helpful. I was very pleased with our trip and the accomodations overall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a premier oceanfront hotel at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa. Our world-class resort in Hilton Head, SC offers you an island escape in utter paradise. Enjoy newly renovated guestrooms, award-winning dining, three championship golf courses and spa. In addition, our distinctive Hilton Head oceanfront hotel's staff always delivers superior service to make your stay even more special. Our outstanding family-friendly retreat also offers a wide array of impressive amenities, including golf, tennis, biking, parasailing and so much more. Take advantage of our unbeatable location and enjoy easy access to a variety of nearby destinations, including local airports, shopping and popular tourist attractions. Plus, this Hilton Head resort provides dynamic event spaces, creating an ideal location to host your celebration or professional conference. Experience supreme relaxation and scenic views at Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Otel, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Head Marriott Hotel Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott Resort And Spa
- Marriott Hilton Head