“One night stay”

Days Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
“One night stay”
Reviewed June 21, 2014 via mobile

I have family that lives in the area so for once I get to write a review on a short stay. I was there for one night I arrived at 1am and left at 8am. So I was in the room long enough to lay my head down and sleep. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. It was one of the nicer days inns I've been to. It had a nice flat screen and a desk in the room. The only problem I can complain about was I had my dog with me and they charged me almost triple a nights stay to keep her in the room with me. She is a hypoallergenic dog who does not shed much (less than I do!) And she is trained very well. If I'd have lied about having her they would have been none the wiser. The pet fee is ridiculous for people with well behaved dogs. Maybe it should be a refundable deposit if the dog doesn't do anything wrong you get it back. I've paid apartments smaller pet fees. But like I said the hotel was good. Just leave fido at home or call the hotel first and get a quote as the online reservation didn't warn me how much the pet fee was.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah K
Hardeep s, General Manager at Days Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Dear Sarah,

Thank you very much for taking your time for this review. We are very sorry that we are not a pet friendly hotel which is why the cleaning fee was higher than you expected.
We are very happy that everything else was perfect. We hope you come back to Hilton Head and stay with us again.
Thank you for staying at the Days Inn Hilton Head.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Edgefield, South Carolina
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family of 2 adults and 2 kids recently spent several nights at the Days Inn and it exceeded our expectations. We checked in with Mike and he was very helpful in answering our questions and assigning our room. Our suite was spacious and came with 2 double beds and a sleeper sofa along with a refrigerator and microwave. The room, common area and pool were all clean and convenient. The breakfast selection was good and tasty and my kids especially liked the make your own waffles.
The location of this hotel was mid island, near Palmetto Dunes and Shelter Cove mall. Several public beaches were about a 5 minute drive and Coligny Plaza and Forest Beach was about a 10 minute drive. This is not the Marriott, but I highly recommend the Days Inn for about 1/3 of the cost. It is well worth the money.

1 Thank jpetjr
Hardeep s, General Manager at Days Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, June 28, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your amazing review. We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Days Inn Hilton Head.

We will be looking forward to seeing you again !
Leawood, Kansas
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We chose this hotel for the price and the central location in Hilton Head. The best I can say is that the room was clean. The furniture was old. The refrigerator obviously leaked at some point as the wood under it was all rotted. The bed was on a platform and made a horrible noise whenever anything was on it. The security door which was right next to our room was broken. We came back to our room after a long hot day and found we had no towels. The ceiling above the ice maker needed to be repaired. Upon checkout I was told that my agency would mail me a receipt she couldn't give me one. I have never had that happen so we'll see. I would not recommend this hotel and will definitely spend the extra money next time I am in Hilton Head.

1 Thank Molly L
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time and writing a review.
We are very sorry for the inconvenience. We would be more than happy to accommodate you again.
Thank you for staying with us at the Days Inn Hilton Head.
Mount Holly, North Carolina
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Great place to stay. Mike and Carla were great front desk employees. Always got what we needed right away and when we walked through the lobby, they always spoke. Free breakfast was awesome, just need to stay open a little later. People on vacation don't want to get up so early. Prices were great and we would recommend to anyone who is staying in the Hilton Head Island area. We will be back in August :)

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

1 Thank Verlin C
Hardeep s, General Manager at Days Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Verlin,

We thank you very much for taking your time to write such an amazing review ! We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We would love to see you here again in August !
Thank you for staying at the Days Inn Hilton Head
Northville, Michigan
Reviewed June 6, 2014

This hotel, at which we have stayed several times, seems to be on a down slope.
The management seems much less concerned about its customers.
We visited in late April, when temperatures normally are in the high 70s and 80s, and the pool was advertised as "heated" -- which was important to us, having our grandson with us. However, the pool was clearly not heated when we checked it on Day 1 of our stay. When I asked about the heating of the pool, I was first told that the heat was turned off because it was warm outside and that heats the pool; I pointed out that temperatures this year had not gotten that warm, and finally the manager agreed to turn the heat on -- but the pool was still cold on Day 6, because, of course, it takes time to heat up a pool.
Additionally, several breakfast items have been eliminated, including the oatmeal and grits; on the plus side, the odd "egg rounds" (pre-fabricated eggs) have been replaced with what appeared to be real scrambled eggs, and they have added a great waffle maker.
Whether we'll stay here again next year is a toss up right now -- the prices keep going up, and the quality is not.

Room Tip: No tips to help you get a good room -- when I asked, I was turned down.