We booked our family vacation at Barony Beach Resort in HHI. We had stayed there before, liked it a lot and thought we knew the property layout. When making the reservation I was asked if I wanted Ocean Front or Garden View. I chose Garden View---thinking that meant we would not be facing the ocean or even be able to see the ocean but would rather have a view of trees, landscaping etc that so many resorts have that they call Garden View. This was not the case at Barony----there Garden View Villas are FAR away from the other buildings of the resort and are NOWHERE CLOSE TO THE BEACH. There is actually another entire resort between the Garden Villas and the rest of the buildings at Barony Beach!!! (The Westin Resort at HHI). To get to the beach one has about a 10-15 minute walk----so if you are carrying beach chairs, umbrella, cooler, etc it can be a real challenge. They advertise a tram service but we found that not very timely or useful. So,I felt like we were TRICKED into booking at the Garden Villas far away from the beach. So, beware if you book at Barony Beach to understand exactly where you will be housed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clear you mind poolside at Marriott's Barony Beach Club. Nestled on in infamous Hilton Head, South Carolina, your feet will be covered in sand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Marriott's Barony Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Barony Beach Club Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriott Barony Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott