We spent a week at the Barony. This is our 6th trip to Hilton Head and fourth location (3rd Marriott). The grounds of the Barony are great. I wish we could have spent more time at the hotel. The beachside pool was excellent - albeit unheated and thus cold. The heated pool was small and crowded. There is an indoor pool, which is certainly a plus, but fortunately the weather cooperated and we never used it.
We had an interior view from the Live Oak building. It looked out over the grounds (in between pools). It was uninspiring, but quiet at night which is a big plus for us with two 8:00 bedtimes.
The unit needed minor details updated, but overall was in very good shape.
The location is ok. It's not near anything - so you need to drive 10-15 minutes to get anywhere of interest.
Although we didn't stay there, you don't want to be in the two buildings behind the Westin - Gardenia and ----- (a name I can't remember). They are across the street from the main resort. However, it sounds like the unit you receive it luck of the draw. You don't know what you are getting until you get there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clear you mind poolside at Marriott's Barony Beach Club. Nestled on in infamous Hilton Head, South Carolina, your feet will be covered in sand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Marriott, Hotels.com and Orbitz so you can book your Marriott's Barony Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Barony Beach Club Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriott Barony Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott