We are Marriott owner's in Spain and exchanged through Interval for Barony Beach. It took 4 months approx to get the exchange through, so that's a good indication of how popular this resort is.
Barony Beach wasn't my first choice but having gone down to Harbour Town one day, I am so glad we got Barony as the location right on the beach is so good. If we ever did return, it would be Barony I would definitely request again!
Like so many other's, we requested Oceanside and had an e mail through from Zach a few days before informing us that we were in the garden villas. We obviously expected this as we do not own here. I was expecting from all the reviews a long walk to the beach and very surprised that it was literally a short walk.On numerous occasions as we were walking over to the oceanside we were asked by the driver of the courtesy cart if we wanted to have a ride over and each time we preferred to walk.
If we did go back to Barony I would request a garden villa again as I was so pleased with our villa on the 3 rd floor of the Jasmine building that got the morning sun and overlooked the pool and hot tub. In the evening it was great sitting out on the balcony overlooking the pool that was lit up. Obviously ocean front view must be great but many of the other villas on this side that just have the garden view to me appeared very shaded.
Whilst in the pool one day we did over hear a person say that they had paid to upgrade from the garden to ocean side!
I cannot say enough for the service from all the Marriott staff. On our arrival I realised as we were cooking for 8 people for a special meal for my husband's 50th birthday and I did not have a large enough roasting dish for what I was doing. Literally within minutes they delivered a very large foil tin that was perfect. We also had a dishwasher fault on the first morning and within 30 mins someone came. On both occasions a follow up call came through to us to ensure we were happy.
It was so good having the good choice of pools, and most days we used the quieter outside pool in the garden in front of the indoor pool.
We only used the poolside grill once and waited nearly an hour for our food. We didn't mind as we sat watching the tennis under the shade sipping a cold drink. However, a manager came onto us apologised for the delay and asked each member of our party to choose any drink free of charge. As these drinks came, so did our food so that was good customer care.
Again, I would highly recommend Barony Beach, it was such a special holiday for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clear you mind poolside at Marriott's Barony Beach Club. Nestled on in infamous Hilton Head, South Carolina, your feet will be covered in sand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Barony Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Barony Beach Club Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriott Barony Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott