Marriott's Barony Beach Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Hilton Head Resort(Hilton Head)
View Hotel
Ramada Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Motel 6 Hilton Head(Hilton Head)
  • Pool
All reviewsgarden villajasmine buildingmorning gloryocean frontindoor poolsplash padfull kitchenmarriott vacation club ownerswestin hotelport royal plantationdaily activitiesmain buildingtime sharebar and grillhilton head islandhome resortcorn hole
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We have spent months planning for this vacation. We wanted to make our 20th anniversary a very special time...Over 1,200 miles from home...Why did I give such a low rating to a place that is really beautiful? Because sometime after having reserved the vacation, we received an email stating that there is a construction in the property. Really? They should have told us that the construction is literally next to our room! Pneumatic hammer, saw, drills...very noisy! Should we have known this before making the reservation, we sure would have selected another place to spend our vacation. When I asked to be moved to another room...guess what the response was: I AM SO SORRY, but the resort is at 98% capacity. Then I asked for some kind of compensation: points in my Marriott rewards account...something...I AM SO SORRY. Sorry? Do you know how much time and money we have invested in this trip just to hear I AM SO SORRY? If Marriott was truly sorry we would have heard from them any alternative to make our vacation a better experience. But the truth is that the management of this place and Marriott is not willing to do that. The only thing I can think of is GREED. They could have closed the area next to the construction but of course there is something called GREED. Marriott needs to maximize benefits even at the expense of some customers like us.
I travel frequently for work. I am actually a Marriott Gold Rewards customer. But things like this change the way you think about some companies. And although this comment may not mean anything to customers that have received good service from Marriott, it is my way of venting the frustration and lack of consideration that I have received this time. The only reason I have given two points instead of one is because the Hilton Head area is really nice. It is very unlikely that I would choose Marriott hotels and vacation properties in the future.

Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
19  Thank Victor A
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's Barony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to provide your comments on Trip Advisor regarding your recent stay at Marriott's Barony Beach Club. We apologize that your experience on the resort did not meet your expectations.

Your satisfaction is important to us. Please contact our Customer Care office at Marriott Vacations Worldwide via email at Customer.Care@mvwc.com or at 800 860 9384 so that we can appropriately address your concerns.

Marriott Vacations Worldwide Customer Care

Reviewed December 22, 2011

The staff was very accomodating, and the rooms were clean. The linens could use an update, but aside from that everything was very enjoyable. There is a bar by the pool that definitely makes this hotel worth while.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Stayed for a week and had a wonderful time. The rooms were large, clean and comfortable. Our suite over looked the courtyard and pools, and had a balcony off the master suite. The staff was just plain great and very accomodating. Only negative for us was the high prices at the on site store, and they closed at 7pm. Besides that we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: No room is a bad room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rblitz
Reviewed November 29, 2011

Our family of 3 recently spent Thanksgiving week at the Barony Beach resort and had a relaxing time. When using Marriott rewards points we are usually given the worst rooms at these resorts so we were not surprised when we were placed in the building farthest from the main area. We had about a 8 to 10 minute walk to the beach and Marketplace. This should have made things quieter but there is major construction in that area so there was constant noise and dust. We had to wipe off our outdoor furnature before sitting in it. Also, the air conditioning clicked off 5 or 6 times everyday. We figured out how to reset the breaker so we were able kick the AC back on. I'm not sure everybody would have been able to figure this out. Our coffee maker didn't work either but was replaced the 2nd day.
The good points of the hotel are the nice furnishings and decor, pretty good location in the Port Royal plantation, and friendly staff.
Hilton Head has no street lights or lights on signage so about 6 PM the place shuts down in the winter except for most restaurants. This eliminates bike riding, walking or looking for new destinations after dark.
We'll probably try a different Marriott our next trip which will definitely be in the summer months.

Room Tip: If going there in the near future don't stay in the garden area where there is constrution going on.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank WVtravelers3
MVCI_Executive, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott's Barony Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments and feedback about your stay at Barony Beach Club. While I am glad that you and your family had a relaxing time while on your vacation, I apologize that some of the villa amenities did not meet your needs or were not functioning properly. Please know that I have forwarded your correspondence to the leadership team at Barony Beach Club in the hopes of avoiding these types of issues in the future. I appreciate you continued loyalty to Marriott and hope you have another relaxing vacation when travelling back to Hilton Head in the summer.

Have a great day!

Reviewed November 21, 2011

We stayed here the last week in August. This resort is absolutely beautiful and is right on the beach, with a few huge pools. We were a group of 7 and had plenty of room. The rooms are spacious, clean and have a good sized balcony. Great location, and close to many restaurants. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family