My wife and our three children (13, 10, and 7) recently spent a week at the Barony Beach and loved it! We had an ocean-front, fourth-floor suite (five story building), which provided spectacular sunrises, sunsets, and starry skies. We slept with the sliding doors open every night and loved the sounds of the waves.
The room was very large (app. 1300 square feet), and had just been refurbished with new carpet, furnishings, beds, etc. It was spectacular and clean, clean, clean!
If you go, rent bikes for the week, as it is tremendous fun to ride up and down the beach in the early morning, Also, the Barony had lots of programming for the kids, including movies by the pool at night on a giant screen TV. The exercise room was quite nice. (Joggers might not need the exercise room at all because the sand on the beach is compact, solid, and very easy for a long run.) Overall, the resort was almost perfect.
We have only two mild criticisms. First, the pools were not attended to on Thanksgiving and the following day. I would chalk it up to a shortage of staff on the holidays, and it was not a big deal. Note that only two pools are heated -- the indoor pool and the adjacent outdoor pool.
Second, folks who are interested in an ocean front view should consider where their building is in relation to the entire property, and specifically the Westin Hotel. The hotel fans are quite loud and for some (though not us) would be bothersome. Also, although the cleaning crew was very thorough and nice, we noted that our rooms usually weren't touched until 4 pm or later. Maybe this was due to Thanksgiving, and we didn't really care, but if you are expecting your room clean by early afternoon, then make certain the staff is aware of your expectation.
Thanksgiving Day found the beach full of families having a wonderful holiday -- it's easy to see why families come here year after year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clear you mind poolside at Marriott's Barony Beach Club. Nestled on in infamous Hilton Head, South Carolina, your feet will be covered in sand. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Marriott's Barony Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Barony Beach Club Hotel Hilton Head
- Marriott Barony Beach Hotel
- Marriott Hilton Head
- Hilton Head Marriott