“Great Experience”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Hilton Head, South Carolina
“Great Experience”
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Patricia was a great help to myself and my company, as was the rest of the staff. Can't wait to come back again. This is the very best beach access in Hilton Head and contains the Tiki Hut which is one of the best places to relax with live music by the beach. Great experience. Thanks.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Monty,
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your great stay with us! We’re thrilled that our staff, especially Patricia, took excellent care of you. We will be sure to pass your praise along; we know it will make everyone smile. We can’t wait to see you again when you next visit Hilton Head Island.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (391)
Jacksonville, FL
Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

This hotel, or what felt like a resort, was beyond expectations. Front desk at check in was very welcoming. The room was great, with a comfortable king bed, free in room WiFi, and clean(carpets need changing). Walk out the building and your at the pool, adjacent to the beach. The pool area is resort like. Lounge chairs with umbrellas and a staff member frequently walking by to ask if everything was ok, and offering drinks and food.
The location is amazing. Walking/Jogging/biking path directly across from hotel. Several areas with many restaurants within walking distance.
Couldn't have picked a better place to spend the Memorial Day weekend. Will be back.

Stayed May 2014
Thank you for the awesome review! We’re thrilled you loved your stay with us and that our staff offered you excellent service. Our location is one of our favorite qualities; it’s great to hear that you loved it and thoroughly enjoyed it! We can’t wait to see you again in the future!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed May 23, 2014

If you have low expectations on room conditions, this place could be for you.

Rooms are average, at best. Hotel is just kind of run down. Bubbling paint in bathrooms, loud and irregular ac units, not too mention a different type of clock(which were all set to the wrong times, not a big deal, but shows the attention to detail) in each room(we stated in two).

Our first room was an "ocean view" room. We were on the second floor and couldn't really see the ocean. Looks like third floor and above have ocean views, but not the first two.

Outside of the rooms, it's a good location. Friendly staff for the most part. Decent bar and restaurant attached. Only complaint was on our last day when we wanted to bring some leftover pizza out for lunch(purchased elsewhere the night before). We were told we couldn't do that. Pretty ridiculous considering we spent a couple hundred dollars at their restaurant and bar during the week. IMHO at least.

Here are some tips if you want to bring your own food or drink in. First, buy a drink out two and keep your plastic cup(s). You can't bring alcohol of your own to the pool. Just go back to your room and fill it up and you're golden. As far as food, buy some good from the hut in the middle if the pool. The good comes in brown boxes. Just keep the box and refill as you like. Just a couple ideas if you're into saving a few bucks.

Overall, nice pool area/beach access. Hotel, not worth the money IMHO.

3 Thank thesnidemr
It sounds like you love to stay here, but like to be thrifty and there's nothing wrong with that, but how about getting such a good deal on your room that you can afford the convenience of having drinks served to you and avoiding all that hassle? We will take all your comments into careful consideration as we strive to always improve, thank you. We hope to see you again in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed May 22, 2014

This resort was very nice, clean and had a great location. It was right on the beach and it also had a nice pool. It was in close proximity to shopping, dinner and other little shops. I didn't like the fact that we were charged $10 per night for parking though.

• Stayed May 2014
We’re thrilled that our location, cleanliness and fantastic location all met your expectations. We are sorry to hear that the cost of parking was disappointing. We will take your comments into careful consideration, thank you. We hope to see you again when you next want to enjoy a beach getaway.
Atlanta, Ga
Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

Okay, I read some of the other reviews and either I did not stay at the same place or some people are way too critical of a resort like this.
First, this place did not break my wallet or make me take out a loan to stay there.
Secondly, my room was absolutely wonderful and clean. I will wait til I die to walk on gold floors, thank you!
Thirdly, the staff was always helpful. Obviously there are people who "aren't from around here" working at the resort. They didn't speak with a southern draw, but they sure were polite. I didn't find one person who wouldn't go out of their way for me.
Lastly, this place is on the BEACH! I walk out the back door and wham! I am on the beach. Someone one even had the "know it alls" to have a separate Tiki Hut from the main resort pool area. That means loud at Tiki Hut, and quiet, relaxing at pool with bar, kiddie pool, food, bar, restaurant, pool towels, and quiet bar. Oops I think I said that too many times. I guess you get the point.
Now I stayed during the week before Memorial Day. It is likely to be more crowded next week. This is why I was there this week.
We had shops and restaurants all around the resort. For heavens sake, I only drove my car to go to the golf course. Everything else was right there.
As you can tell, I would go there again. It is not a 20 star snob nose resort, but it is certainly worth every penny spent!
I did have a problem with check out as my prepaid vacation company did not send payment ahead. The desk manager, Gray Nails, worked it all out and called me when I returned to Atlanta to tell me all was fine.
I say try it, it is quite nice.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank birdiekevin
Kevin,
Thank you for the fantastic and very refreshing review! We’re thrilled that our location allowed for easy access to all your vacation fun. Your praise of our staff is greatly appreciated; we’ll be sure to pass your compliments along to our great team. We’re happy to hear that Gray was able to resolve the payment issue without any inconvenience to you. We hope to see you again for some more Hilton Head Island fun!
Lewiston, Maine
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Checked in at 2:00 pm. Our room was ready. As we were walking down the hall a group of college students were yelling between rooms, doors were slamming,there was drinking in the halls. The student were throwing things between rooms. I went back to the desk and told them what was going on. They said they would handle it. We went for a bike ride, returned our bike, there were more college student in the lobby yelling at each other. The staff assured me that we did not have to move and they would handle any disruptions during the evening. We tired to go to sleep around 11:30PM (WHICH I THINK IS A REASONABLE QUIET TIME). It was not quiet until 2 am the next morning! We had to call the front desk four times to have them quiet down. I think most of the rooms on the first floor were occupied. The staff never offered us anything for the inconvenience. We weren't looking for a free room that night but nothing was offered. I contacted the 1800 number during that first afternoon and received no response. I contacted management after receiving an email from the to review our stay and they never offered anything.

Terrible hotel, paint coming off walls, doors, etc. Restaurant was terrible. I had ordered a drink and they served me the wrong one. They then corrected it and it tasted terrible. There were only 4 people in the restaurant. We had ordered an appetizer and it took 45 minutes for us to get our food. I think the staff is just incompetent. Terrible service no matter what we did in the hotel. NEVER AGAIN!

Room Tip: Don't stay here. Not worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Maureen,
We’re very sorry you are unhappy with your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you encountered due to noise from other guests. We will take all your comments, including your thoughts regarding The Porch restaurant into careful consideration. We’d love for you to reach out to us personally at jeff.elseser@thebeachhousehhi.com. We look forward to hearing from you and for the opportunity to make things right.
Rochester, NY
Reviewed May 22, 2014

We stayed at the Beach House Inn last weekend for a family wedding. The place is absolutely gorgeous! The staff was great, especially Rosie from check-in! Beautiful smile, great manner about her and she remembered us the whole stay.
Hilton Head Island is absolutely gorgeous and the Beach House Inn is the perfect place to stay.

1 Thank Dstacey6
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Stacey,
Your review has made our day, thank you! We’re thrilled that you loved the results of our recent renovations. Your praise of our fantastic team, especially Rosie, is greatly appreciated. We’ll be sure to pass the compliments along; we know it will make everyone as happy as it did us. We hope to see you again when you next want to enjoy beautiful Hilton Head Island.