“Perfect location!”

Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This hotel is in a perfect location on Hilton Head! It's right near Coligny Plaza, which has a lot of shops and restaurants, and it's RIGHT ON THE BEACH! The lobby smells wonderful...they must pipe in some sort of scent!
I was staying in the hotel for a function for Boys & Girls Club - it's great that they support local charitable organizations. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who wants a nice weekend on Hilton Head Island.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear JillEJill:

Thank you so much for choosing the Beach House Resort during your visit to Hilton Head last September. So many of our guests also enjoy our wonderful oceanfront location and convenient proximity to all the unique shops and stores across the street at Coligny Plaza. Soon you will see many compliments describing the changes to the Resort as a result of the renovations that are now in progress and scheduled to be completed by March 1st.

Its a pleasure to support the Boys and Girls Club every year in September with the Spin-4-Kids fundraiser and we look forward to another successful event this fall!

We hope to see you back again soon!

Regards,

Jeff Elseser

Write a ReviewReviews (1,861)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband is a platinum elite member of IHG which is part of Holiday Inn. We have traveled a lot!! The location of this hotel is great...that's about the only thing this hotel has that is good. The lady at check in was very nice. We walked to elevator which was in another building (not a big deal) well, only one of the elevators was working. The elevator we walked into was covered by plywood. I guess they are in the middle of a renovation. But, the was just the beginning. Walked into our room and walked right back out. The lamp shade had a large brown smear mark on it. The hotel room looked like it was from the early 90's. The nicest thing in the room was the Keurig coffee maker. The room was disgusting! I wouldn't let my dog sleep in it!! I would NOT recommend this hotel for anything!!

Room Tip: Skip this hotel...sleep in your car instead!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank zrushin
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear zrushin:

I sincerely apologize for your disappointing experience. As I have mentioned in my review responses over the last six months, we will be enhancing many aspects of the Resort beginning this past November. These enhancements include the replacing of the guest elevators, new carpeting throughout the guest room building, new beachy finishes on the walls, renovated lobby, new outdoor fire pits, new landscaping, and a new indoor-outdoor restaurant concept. These projects have been in progress since November and are expected to be concluded by March 1. During this period the resort will remain open and the scheduling of work will result in minimal impact to the guest experience. The elevators are in the final phase of being replaced with the major systems and equipment replacement phases already completed. The elevator cab interior finishes are scheduled to be completed over the next week. I apologize if the signage we have located throughout the resort did not provide sufficient communication about these projects during your brief time at the Beach House. I hope you will reconsider visiting the Resort after March of this year so you can enjoy all the efforts we have made to provide a unique and authentic beach experience for our guests.

Best Regards,

Jeff Elseser

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

Great location. Lovely front desk reception. Rooms need to be renovated. Our trip would have been exceptional except for the weather. Not the hotels fault. Great restaurants nearby .
I have to write 200 words for this review.................. Am I finished, now?

Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed January 3, 2014

Liked it the minute I walked in. Staff was very friendly. Hotel was clean and updated. We absolutely loved the location! We were there over Christmas holiday so the restaurant was only open for breakfast and the pool was not heated for use. We were very happy with our ocean-front king room which also had a couch, coffee table & desk. Balcony was narrow, standing room only, so could have been bigger. The Coligny shopping area was great and right across the street with shops and restaurants. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Recommend ocean front, on the 4th or 5th floor so you can see over the Tiki Hut area.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Pamela H
Reviewed December 28, 2013

My family lives about 3 hrs away so we come here often, and have stayed at this hotel probably 75 nights or more over the last 10 years. Most of the recent renovations have been to the exterior deck area. The rooms, lobby, restaurant and lounge were done about 3 years ago. Folks, go easy on them! Beachfront hotels take a beating, with all the sand, water, sweat and suntan oil that guests track in! If they kept it up to some of your standards, you would complain about the price! That being said, probably my biggest complaint is that there is almost no counter space in the bathroom. It's very stylish, but totally impractical! Otherwise, love this place and the people. For entertainment, Chris Jones at the Tiki Hut is outstanding!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WineJazz23
Reviewed December 27, 2013 via mobile

Check in was easy, room was large with two double beds and bathroom, the coffee facilities were very basic & the tv channels were dire, the location was good. Unfortunately the restaurant was closed during our stay. I found a huge fist sized hair ball in the corner of our room, I wouldn't stay there Again

• Stayed: December 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear ktnanci,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to read you had a smooth check in and that you like our rooms. I apologize if our hotel restaurant and housekeeping service fell below your expectations. Your feedback is important as it informs us of ways in which we may better serve our guests to further guest satisfaction.

Again, thank you for your review. We hope to welcome you back upon returning to the area.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 22, 2013

I received the type of room I requested and enjoyed it. Music from the Tiki Hut didn't go on that late so it didn't bother me. Staff was great. Beach access perfect. Overall, a pretty good stay.
Since a remodel is going on - a suggestion: Put in screen doors on balcony rooms facing the beach so the glass sliding door can stay open. Since the balcony is tiny and you cannot sit out there, a screen door would at least allow some fresh air.
Also - the non-smoking agreement that guests are required to sign (thank you) should extend to the "balcony." I opened the glass door and within a few minutes was hit with a blast of secondhand smoke, to which I am highly allergic. Not pleasant for the next few hours as I recovered from it. From what I could see, none of the few people left at the pool were smoking so I am guessing it was coming from a nearby room.
Will come back once the remodel is complete.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo