“Beautiful view but wish our rooms were closer together” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort
Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
New York City, New York
“Beautiful view but wish our rooms were closer together”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

I am looking out my sliding glass doors at a beautiful view. I have the beach right outside my window. I can see my family by the pool and hear live music playing at the tiki bar below. It doesn't get much better. I loved that they had a children's activity by the pool that could be charged to my room. The location cannot be beat for my family who, some love the beach and some love the pool and we are still within close proximity to each other. They have cute beach shops right next door that I found by accident. The front desk did not recognize me as a priority member or grant my request made 5 months ago when I made my reservations to have adjoining rooms. My 10 yr old has to sleep 2 doors down with her teenage cousins which upset me. I was told that they were at 97 percent and couldn't ask someone to move. Why they booked their rooms knowing my needs is beyond me. I did see more then 2 people change rooms while I was here. One due to an odor and not sure why the other had an issue.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear joyofnyc:

Thank you for choosing the Beach House during your recent visit to Hilton Head with your family. I'm so pleased to hear how much your family enjoyed the opportunity our Resort provides guests to enjoy both the beach and pool. I'm glad you also found our proximity to all the nearby shopping to be a big plus as well. I sincerely apologize that we were not able to fulfill your request for adjoining rooms during this high occupancy month. Occasionally our efforts to accommodate guest requests for specific room types, room locations, and adjoining rooms becomes difficult during higher occupancy months because our flexibility with rooms is lowered with so many rooms being occupied. However, we strive to honor every request possible and it's one of our highest priority tasks each day. I wish we could have done more to meet your request and we will continue to work on balancing the many requests we receive each day. I hope this will not deter you from giving us another chance to have you as our guest the next time you visit Hilton Head.

Jeff Elseser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (361)
Joplin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We came down for a 1-night stay, to check out Hilton Head and the area. The hotel itself was great, you can't beat the location. Beautiful beach front, within walking distance to shopping, food, and great night life. The staff was exceptional, the environment was very welcoming, and they went above and beyond after my now fiancé surprised me with a proposal on the beach at The Beach House. I would recommend this location to all types of travelers; singles, couples, and families alike. We really wish that we would have had more time to spend at this fabulous hotel/resort. The hotel also offers 4 professional grade volleyball courts for all levels of play. The rooms were spacious and clean, the common areas were intriguing, the pools were relaxing, and their was great live entertainment at the Tiki bar. The Tiki bar is also unique because it is the only one of its kind located on the water in that area. Thank you Beach House for such a wonderful stay. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Geoff P:

Once again, congratulations to you and your future bride on your recent engagement. It was great to see both of you again and we are all very honored that we were able to take part in such a special occasion. You will always remember your engagement for many special reasons and it's truly meaningful to me that the Beach House will always be part of that special memory. Thanks for taking the time to post such a terrific review describing all the wonderful attributes of the Beach House. Hopefully, the two of you will come back for many years to come.

Douglasville, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for 3 straight years. We have noticed the recent changes good and bad. We liked the new chairs and upgrades around the pool area. We were shocked that free coffee is no longer available in the mornings. Since this is the higher priced hotel you would at least expect free coffee in the lobby. This was not the case therefore after those early walks on the beach my husband paid almost $3.00 a cup for coffee. I do love this hotel for the beach location and the quick access to the pool and the beach. I have also noticed the increase in price over the past year which was a dissapointment. They are much higher than the new comparable hotels and we are now considering our stay somewhere else when we return to HH. I will say the maids, waiters and bartenders are top notched. However, the front hotel check in staff could be more friendlier. They are very dry and short answered in the front check in area. With the exception of the young black lady from Macon. She was the only one who I felt offered us the "southern Hospitality" people come from all around to expect to find. Our maid service was excellent and very very friendly. I believe this young lady's name was Monica. We often ate breakfast in the dinning area and the waiter there was awesome. A very tall gentleman. You have to also meet the bar tender Miguel from the D.Rep, awesome friendly guy. This hotel needs more people with these kind of attitudes especially in the front check in area!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Chari H
Dear Chari H:

Thank you for choosing the Beach House Resort......three straight years! That's something we value and hope to earn at least one more chance to have you back so you can see all the wonderful improvements we have planned for the resort this fall. You mentioned some of the improvements we have already made and I'm happy you enjoyed most of them. You also commented about the lack of "free" coffee, which the previous ownership did indeed provide complimentary coffee in the lobby, and we have replaced with a much higher quality coffee that is available at our new Coffee Bar that also serves fresh muffins, Danishes, and many specialty coffee drinks such as cappuccino and espresso. I will check on the price you mentioned, because the price for coffee is supposed to be only $2 and includes unlimited refills. Thank you so much for taking the time to mention our wonderful housekeepers, servers, and bartenders. I especially want to thank you for mentioning our housekeeper Monica and our Front Desk agent Nicole, from Macon. I am however disappointed that our usually very friendly Front Desk staff was not perceived by you to be that way. I appreciate that feedback and will address that inconsistency immediately. We hope to see you back again next year.

Malta, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our second visit at this hotel and wow what at great place to stay. The staff was very accommodating, the pool was clean and the rooms were comfortable. There is so much to do there you have shops and restaurants and live entertainment at the Tiki Hut which is located right there you can get a drink watch the beach and relax Love It there like I said best , best
,place to stay in Hilton Head. Try it out you will love it toooo.

Room Tip: I like the lower rooms closer to the pool and Tiki Hut
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Miller2013_13
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Miller2013_13:

I loved reading your review......it sums up much of what I believe is so wonderful about our special Resort. There's definitely no other place on Hilton Head where you can take five steps from the pool and be on a beautiful beach listening to some of Hilton Heads best musical entertainers performing live every day. Thanks for choosing the Beach House Resort and taking time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your third visit to Hilton Head Island.

Owensboro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Booked an ocean front room for "BIG" bucks and we awoke to a view of the Tiki Hut and Palm Trees. I wanted to see the Ocean. No balcony either, never seen that at an ocean front "resort" property. Asked for a room change for a better view and we were offered a change of a 2nd to 4th floor view of the palm tree. (200 to 400 we said no, then 504 not much better). The buffet breakfast is $13.95 and is not much better than what u get for free at other properties, Only convenient. The first day by the pool the service from the Tiki Hut was great, then the second day, NONE!! The Tiki Hut allows walk-ups from the beach, so I guess they were too busy taking care of walkups instead of paying guests. The Shack at the pool was being remodeled. Could not believe that as we were coming into the week of the 4th. Only + about the Room is it was large, otherwise average and showing wear, no microwave, as I guess they want u in the dinning room. We ate lunch meat for noon and then out in the evening. Be ready to spend $$. Our rate increased each night by about $30. Our plus of this stop was we were able to visit our daughter. She took us out for Dinner on our Anniversary

Room Tip: I think they only have 25 oceanfront rooms. 5 on 5 floors. if you want a better view of the ocean I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Dennis S:

I'm truly saddened that we were unable to help make your Anniversary experience the wonderful experience you had hoped for and deserved. I'm also very surprised to hear about so many misses you encountered during your stay, when so many of our guests seemed to be enjoying our resort. However, I understand how any service inconsistencies, such as the one you mentioned at the Tiki Hut your second day, can become magnified when the most important element of your stay, the anticipation of a beautiful view from your ocean front room, is disappointingly not what you expected. I wish we could have provided a room with a more spacious view of the ocean than the one we had available during your stay, as I'm sure that the remainder of your stay would have been more enjoyable. I would love the opportunity to make up for your disappointment by inviting you back as our guest to stay in that Ocean Front room with the view you really wanted. Hopefully, you can find time to contact me directly at the email below so that we can have an opportunity to earn back your trust and loyalty.

Sincere Regards,

Jeff Elseser, jeff.elseser@thebeachhousehhi.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

this hotel is right on the beach! We were there for the 4th of July and they had a band on the beach two nights and it was really fun. The pool is nice, the tiki bar was great and they have a band playing there nightly. The beach was clean. There is so much shopping close by, restaurants galore~Plantation House for breakfast was great. What was so nice was the bike paths that are all over the island. Really enjoyed it there!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Momtozac
Dear Momtozac:

Thanks so much for choosing the Beach House Resort to celebrate the July 4th holiday last week. I'm so pleased to know you enjoyed all the special entertainment we scheduled, as well as the rest of our resort amenities. The NKG band we had playing on the beach over July 3rd and 4th was terrific and so many of our guests have told us how much they enjoyed their shows. Hopefully, we can arrange to have NKG back again over a few of the holiday weekends. Thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first visit to Hilton Head and I'm so glad we stayed at The Beach House! The location was perfect! Close to many shops and restaurants, nice beach, beautiful pool area with great service. We enjoyed the entertainment at the Tiki Hut adding a little party flair to this beachfront property. The staff were all very accommodating, the rooms were clean, comfortable and inviting. We were never far from anything and thoroughly enjoyed our time spent at The Beach House! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hhevenly
Dear Hhevenly:

I'm so pleased to know that the Beach House Resort was able to help make your first visit to Hilton Head such a wonderful time. It's always very rewarding when first time guests say they can't wait to return to our resort, we're so glad that we made such an impactful first impression. Thanks for posting such kind comments about our beautiful beach, pool, clean rooms, and terrific staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for your second trip to Hilton Head soon.