“HH Stay in July”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Douglasville, Georgia
“HH Stay in July”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel for 3 straight years. We have noticed the recent changes good and bad. We liked the new chairs and upgrades around the pool area. We were shocked that free coffee is no longer available in the mornings. Since this is the higher priced hotel you would at least expect free coffee in the lobby. This was not the case therefore after those early walks on the beach my husband paid almost $3.00 a cup for coffee. I do love this hotel for the beach location and the quick access to the pool and the beach. I have also noticed the increase in price over the past year which was a dissapointment. They are much higher than the new comparable hotels and we are now considering our stay somewhere else when we return to HH. I will say the maids, waiters and bartenders are top notched. However, the front hotel check in staff could be more friendlier. They are very dry and short answered in the front check in area. With the exception of the young black lady from Macon. She was the only one who I felt offered us the "southern Hospitality" people come from all around to expect to find. Our maid service was excellent and very very friendly. I believe this young lady's name was Monica. We often ate breakfast in the dinning area and the waiter there was awesome. A very tall gentleman. You have to also meet the bar tender Miguel from the D.Rep, awesome friendly guy. This hotel needs more people with these kind of attitudes especially in the front check in area!!!!

3 Thank Chari H
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Chari H:

Thank you for choosing the Beach House Resort......three straight years! That's something we value and hope to earn at least one more chance to have you back so you can see all the wonderful improvements we have planned for the resort this fall. You mentioned some of the improvements we have already made and I'm happy you enjoyed most of them. You also commented about the lack of "free" coffee, which the previous ownership did indeed provide complimentary coffee in the lobby, and we have replaced with a much higher quality coffee that is available at our new Coffee Bar that also serves fresh muffins, Danishes, and many specialty coffee drinks such as cappuccino and espresso. I will check on the price you mentioned, because the price for coffee is supposed to be only $2 and includes unlimited refills. Thank you so much for taking the time to mention our wonderful housekeepers, servers, and bartenders. I especially want to thank you for mentioning our housekeeper Monica and our Front Desk agent Nicole, from Macon. I am however disappointed that our usually very friendly Front Desk staff was not perceived by you to be that way. I appreciate that feedback and will address that inconsistency immediately. We hope to see you back again next year.

Jeff Elseser

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Malta, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

This was our second visit at this hotel and wow what at great place to stay. The staff was very accommodating, the pool was clean and the rooms were comfortable. There is so much to do there you have shops and restaurants and live entertainment at the Tiki Hut which is located right there you can get a drink watch the beach and relax Love It there like I said best , best
,place to stay in Hilton Head. Try it out you will love it toooo.

Room Tip: I like the lower rooms closer to the pool and Tiki Hut
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Miller2013_13
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, July 13, 2013
Dear Miller2013_13:

I loved reading your review......it sums up much of what I believe is so wonderful about our special Resort. There's definitely no other place on Hilton Head where you can take five steps from the pool and be on a beautiful beach listening to some of Hilton Heads best musical entertainers performing live every day. Thanks for choosing the Beach House Resort and taking time to post such a wonderful review on Trip Advisor. We look forward to your third visit to Hilton Head Island.

Owensboro
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Booked an ocean front room for "BIG" bucks and we awoke to a view of the Tiki Hut and Palm Trees. I wanted to see the Ocean. No balcony either, never seen that at an ocean front "resort" property. Asked for a room change for a better view and we were offered a change of a 2nd to 4th floor view of the palm tree. (200 to 400 we said no, then 504 not much better). The buffet breakfast is $13.95 and is not much better than what u get for free at other properties, Only convenient. The first day by the pool the service from the Tiki Hut was great, then the second day, NONE!! The Tiki Hut allows walk-ups from the beach, so I guess they were too busy taking care of walkups instead of paying guests. The Shack at the pool was being remodeled. Could not believe that as we were coming into the week of the 4th. Only + about the Room is it was large, otherwise average and showing wear, no microwave, as I guess they want u in the dinning room. We ate lunch meat for noon and then out in the evening. Be ready to spend $$. Our rate increased each night by about $30. Our plus of this stop was we were able to visit our daughter. She took us out for Dinner on our Anniversary

Room Tip: I think they only have 25 oceanfront rooms. 5 on 5 floors. if you want a better view of the ocean I...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Dennis S:

I'm truly saddened that we were unable to help make your Anniversary experience the wonderful experience you had hoped for and deserved. I'm also very surprised to hear about so many misses you encountered during your stay, when so many of our guests seemed to be enjoying our resort. However, I understand how any service inconsistencies, such as the one you mentioned at the Tiki Hut your second day, can become magnified when the most important element of your stay, the anticipation of a beautiful view from your ocean front room, is disappointingly not what you expected. I wish we could have provided a room with a more spacious view of the ocean than the one we had available during your stay, as I'm sure that the remainder of your stay would have been more enjoyable. I would love the opportunity to make up for your disappointment by inviting you back as our guest to stay in that Ocean Front room with the view you really wanted. Hopefully, you can find time to contact me directly at the email below so that we can have an opportunity to earn back your trust and loyalty.

Sincere Regards,

Jeff Elseser, jeff.elseser@thebeachhousehhi.com
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

this hotel is right on the beach! We were there for the 4th of July and they had a band on the beach two nights and it was really fun. The pool is nice, the tiki bar was great and they have a band playing there nightly. The beach was clean. There is so much shopping close by, restaurants galore~Plantation House for breakfast was great. What was so nice was the bike paths that are all over the island. Really enjoyed it there!!

1 Thank Momtozac
Dear Momtozac:

Thanks so much for choosing the Beach House Resort to celebrate the July 4th holiday last week. I'm so pleased to know you enjoyed all the special entertainment we scheduled, as well as the rest of our resort amenities. The NKG band we had playing on the beach over July 3rd and 4th was terrific and so many of our guests have told us how much they enjoyed their shows. Hopefully, we can arrange to have NKG back again over a few of the holiday weekends. Thanks for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2013

This was my first visit to Hilton Head and I'm so glad we stayed at The Beach House! The location was perfect! Close to many shops and restaurants, nice beach, beautiful pool area with great service. We enjoyed the entertainment at the Tiki Hut adding a little party flair to this beachfront property. The staff were all very accommodating, the rooms were clean, comfortable and inviting. We were never far from anything and thoroughly enjoyed our time spent at The Beach House! Can't wait to return!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Hhevenly
Dear Hhevenly:

I'm so pleased to know that the Beach House Resort was able to help make your first visit to Hilton Head such a wonderful time. It's always very rewarding when first time guests say they can't wait to return to our resort, we're so glad that we made such an impactful first impression. Thanks for posting such kind comments about our beautiful beach, pool, clean rooms, and terrific staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for your second trip to Hilton Head soon.

Gallipolis, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Wow what a great July 4th weekend!!! Lets give a big thanks for the new management. Jeff, Dan, John and Fith these guys has done alot in the few months they have been there. The concert on the beach was a great idea great for family fun, the band was very entertaining. New walkway to the Tiki Hut provides less congestion around the pool area/great idea. Snack Shack has got longer hours also to provide for the families. Also provided was activities for the children throughout the afternoon. The security was on top of things made it very relaxing for your stay. All staff was very personable and helpful in everyway asking if there was anything they could do for you and making sure your stay is enjoyable this also even goes with the housekeeping Vivette, was very helpful during our stay. If you want a awesome place to stay at Hilton Head pick the BEACH HOUSE !!!!!

2 Thank Wood108
Jeff E, General Manager at Beach House, A Holiday Inn Resort, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear Wood108:

It was such a pleasure to meet you last week and an even greater pleasure to know you and your family were able to have such a wonderful time during your week at the Beach House Resort. I'm very happy that you noticed all the improvements we've made since your last visit and I look forward to you enjoying all additional the improvements we will be completing this fall.
Thanks for mentioning Dan, Fith, and John, they all work very hard and really care about creating the type of experience for our guests that you describe in your review. I also want to thank you for recognizing our wonderful room attendant Vivette.....she's one of a kind and we are blessed to have her on our team. It was great to see you and speak with you every day last week and we all look forward to welcoming you back again next summer. Thanks so much for letting the Beach House help to make your family vacation so special. Go Buckeyes!

Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Calling this place a Resort is off base. I had a weekly rate of 250 a night. The pool was nasty (cups and napkins floating in it) and it was like a Spring Break hotel. The rooms were OK and the staff was nice, but they are on a dirty (cigar butts, apple core and a diaper) public beach. For 50 more a night you can stay at the Westin Resort.

When I complained and moved, the manager bumped my 250 a night to 350 and 370 to get me out of my prepaid week.

Total ripoff! Will never stay there again. If you can't upgrade to the Westin or Omni, stay at the Days Inn or Best Western and walk to the public beach

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank TomJacks
Dear TomJacks:

I'm sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Beach House Resort as so many other guests did last week during the July 4th Holiday. Thank you for the kind comments about our rooms and staff . I'm very surprised to hear your comments about our public beach regarding trash being all over the place. The Town of Hilton Head usually does an outstand job of keeping the entire beach in pristine condition 24/7 and you are the first person I have ever heard mention otherwise. I will certainly pass your comments on to the proper authorities so they can be sure they are keeping the beach in the beautiful condition that we are accustomed to. Our Rooms Division Manager recalls speaking with you about wanting to leave early, but he recalls you mentioning that you had to return back to work unexpectedly and does not recall you bringing any issues to his attention. He felt that you were appreciative of his offer to waive the four night minimum pre-paid charge for the discounted room rate you received over the Holiday period and only charge the two days rate for July 3rd and 4th. I hope that you will contact me directly at the email below so that I can get a more clear understanding of what took place, and hopefully resolve the issue to your complete satisfaction so that we can earn back your loyalty as a Beach House guest.

Jeff Elseser, jeff.elseser@thebeachhousehhi.com