“bad bed”

Hilton Head Health
Miami, Florida
“bad bed”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

bad beds very bad.....................if its a heaith spa
you should be able to sleep on a good bed. Told
them did know goog

Room Tip: ask for a good bed
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
10 Thank annette g

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

This was my second trip to H3. Not only is the program better than I expected but the new people who have joined the H3 staff are amazing. I just completed 3 weeks of exercise, eating well, taking classes, and being supported by the staff members and other guests. Every person i ran into while at H3 has impacted my life and my health in a very positive way.

And still some of my experiences where over the top amazing!!!

First, they added The Culinary Arts Center (CAC). I took several cooking demos, and best of all, I took a 3 day workshop with Chef Marvis. All of these incredible classes where held in the brand new CAC. Students sit at a large counter island to observe, ask questions, and receive instructions, then we are sent to 1 of 6 cooking stations to try our newly learned techniques. During the 3 day information packed workshop I learned about pots and pans, what types of cooking methods work best in which pot or pan, and the science behind why they work. I learned about spices and herbs, the smells, the tastes, how they react to heat, which flavors go well together, and some unexpected hints to secretly accent foods. I learned knife skills, like how to hold it correctly, chop, slice, dice, cube, jullianne, and mince. I learned how to blanch, saute, and grill. As you can see the list goes on and on and on. I also spent time in cooking demos with Chef Jenn. Every class or demo I took during my stay has radicaly changed the way I will prepare food for my family on a daily basis. I will be able to incorporate what I have learned to make traditional holiday meals in a more healthful way.

I learned so much about my relationship with food, exercise, and motivation from Lisette (Director of Behavoral Health). She completely understood what I was going through and was able to to help me shift perspectives and ways of thinking. She even created a private session to address emotional issues as a result of surgery. So incredibly helpful.

Last but not least, the Yoga!!! On the beach, in the pool, in a sun filled room. Need I say more.

Stayed March 2012
3 Thank LittleTag
Charleston
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I just finished two weeks at Hilton Head Health, and am thrilled by the time there. The facilities are world-class, the cuisine demonstrated to me that very healthy food can be as good as the best food in the best restaurants, and the support and instruction from the staff and guest lecturers was very useful. Since this was the first time I visited a program like this, I went with some trepidation, and quickly found that it was exactly what I was looking for. H3 gets you focused on getting a healthy life, not some short term focus on a diet or some quick but short-lived result. Their approach is grounded, realistic and practical. The variety of education, exercise options and classes, as well as their extra activites (i enjoyed kayaking and the art party - first time to paint a picture since grade school!) The only negative reviews I saw were about the housing. H3 books people into rental condo units in close by areas. I didn't go for luxurious housing, and was pleasantly surprised. My condo unit was older, had some recent upgrades and could use some repairs to the exterior, but was comfortable, clean and everything worked fine. No complaints.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Jim A
Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
Reviewed March 15, 2012

My wife has been here 2 times prior, and this was the first for me. At first, I was not sure I was going to like it, but I took to the experience like a duck in water. The staff was great, the food fantastic, (appealing and healthy), and I learned a lot more than I expected about eating and excercising healthily. I took part in my first 5K race in my life, which was also great. The guests came from all walks of life, and were fun to be around, and the cooking classes were also an unexpected treat. All of all the Staff was excellent, they had super high energy, they obviously enjoyed what they do, and were invested in making all of our experiences personable, and customized. I will return again very soon, yearly if I can. Do yourself a favor and go.....

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Drngood
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Wow what a program! I enjoyed the educational and attention that the staff gave each and every one of us during the time we were there. I had the opportunity to become acquainted with a group that had been coming for 4-5 years. If you go to the exercise classes and eat their meals (oh yes one must drink water), you can not help but lose weight and develop a healthy eating program. The lectures were excellent, It is a miracle that the food even tastes great!
The cost of this program is nothing compared to the help that you get from their staff. Your experience will seem like a big family outing as all attending help each other and encourage all to succeed.
Their are many success stories of eating healthy while losing weight. Go for it! you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Get one of the cabins, they are for two individuals with separate rooms, each unit has a full kitche...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
5 Thank Stuart F
israel
Reviewed March 2, 2012

HHH is a wonderful, friendly, and supportive place in which to get a jump-start on living a healthy life. The food was plentiful and I was never hungry. Meals are served in large round tables, seating 8-ish people, and you get to know the others who are staying at HHH quite well.
Accomodations were also terrific - I shared a condo with my sister and we had two bedrooms, a livingroom, dining area and kitchenette. There is no daily housekeeping and on the one day that housekeepers came, midweek, it was only to give us a fresh set of towels.
The staff is wonderful at HHH, all very warm and professional.
I will be returning to HHH for another visit later this year!

Room Tip: I enjoyed the walk to and from my room, but if this is an issue for you, then request a room close t...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank laurifriedman
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Spent two wonderful weeks at the institute and came home a new person. Everything about the trip there was above and beyond what I expected. I enjoyed eating new cuisine, learning how to exercise and how to love myself. This truly will be a trip I make again and again.

• Stayed December 2011