“Wonderful experience! Can't wait to go back!!!!”
Review of Hilton Head Health

Hilton Head Health
Yuma, Arizona
“Wonderful experience! Can't wait to go back!!!!”
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Let me preface this by writing that I do not write reviews of things but this place is too good to not share what I experienced. I just returned home from Hilton Head Health after a 10 day stay. I wanted to go there to get a jump start into exercising and how to change my diet/eating habits. H3 exceeded my expectations! The meals were excellent, tasted great as well as being healthy. The facility was also very nice. I enjoyed using the sauna and heated pool/hot tub and the cardio room had the most amazing Woodway treadmills. I loved the variety of exercise options as well. I started with a beach walk every morning watching the sun rise of the spectacular white sand beach! I also went to some Yoga classes for beginners which was also very fun. The area is absolutely gorgeous!! If I had to pick the best part of the experience it would have to be the staff. Everybody at H3 has the guests needs as the top priority. Robert Moore who is the CEO was always near and engaging with guests to make sure the experience was top notch. Likewse Bob Wright, the director of education, was incredible! I was able to go to different classes on portion control, supplements, and eating a balanced diet that gave me the tools to move forward with my lifestyle change. Kelia Bennett was my personal concierge, she provided an exceptional level of service that started weeks before my visit and throughout my stay. I could list many many more staff who made my stay a dream come true! Overall just an absolutely beautiful experience that I will remember for the rest of my life!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Trevor S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Rockford, Illinois
Reviewed October 3, 2011

I just returned from a week at Hilton Head Health (my 2nd visit to H3) - and was not disappointed. I had a lovely "cottage" with a comfortable 2nd floor bedroom, and beautiful updated bathroom. Comfortable bed and pillow (much nicer than last time!). My back porch had a view of the creek, which wound around the property, the huge South Carolina trees covered in the characteristic moss and a view in the distance of the the golf course. The sunset over the golf course - but the sprinklers going off in the morning was an equal sight to see!

As far as the H3 program goes - and that really is the most important thing - I came home stronger, feeling great, well-nourished, and rested. Usually Monday after a "vacation" leaves me drained. I feel energized today and ready to take on my week! Every day was filled with cardio training, strength training, and some time of lighter exercise -- all completely of your choosing. I tried something new every day - something that might intimidate me in my own gym --- like cardio boxing, boot camp, H20 boot camp, or medicine ball. But my favorite class - hands down - was beach yoga. There is nothing like doing downward dog, with a view of the ocean, to give you energy! Karen is the best yoga teacher - and introduced me to this practice 6 months ago, and now I attend a weekly class at home. I have so much information to let sink in - and put into practice.

The food was tremendous! I took in about 1300 calories each day - and never felt hungry. Chef Jen creates the most delicious, flavorful meals. I wish I could bring her home with me!

The thing that surprised me the most about both of these trips - were the wonderful people I met! All meals are eaten "family" style - and while I had no intention of being terribly social, you can't help it! The people are from all over the world - and come from such interesting backgrounds! I've already been in touch with my new friends via texting and facebook!

I highly recommend this for anyone, any age, any size, any fitness level. There were men and women there from their 20's to 70's. There were normal size people and very plus-sized people. I was right in the middle in all categories - and felt comfortable and challenged in every way. I WILL go back! There is not a circumstance that this facility is not appropriate!

Room Tip: If you do not have a car - you might request "The Cottages" so you can easily get to and f...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank SWB_11
Reviewed September 24, 2011

When first looking for a health spa, I had a specific want list, no fancy pamering place, somewhere to kick start my weight loss need, good food, perfect surroundings and lots of honest to goodness exercise. Hilton Head Health proved to be exactly what I was hoping to find and then some. Everything was perfect, including my new-found friends who came there seeking the same. Hilton Head is a wonderful location for a health spa. Even though we were limited to 1200 calories a day, not one of us was ever hungry. The food was amazing, delicious and beautifully presented. The best part of my day was participating in the 7:00am beach walk -- a perfect way to start the day. All the staff were so kind and encouraging. Would I go there again? Absolutely!

Room Tip: If going without a car or can't ride a bike, be sure to ask for a cottage within walking distanc...
3 Thank AngelaForestHills
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Let me start this review by mentioning this is the first review for anything ever in my life and I have traveled and experienced many many things. But, since my decision to go to H3 was done so by reading every review I could find, I want to share with those of you doing your search now wondering if this is the right place for you. I have only been home for 2 days now and I have struggled to describe how absolutely wonderful my experience was for the past week at H3. Overwhelmingly-ridiculously-spectacular is the closest I have been able to come to truly express how amazed I was at this facility. I had HIGH expectations when walking through the front door for the first time, and quickly realized they surpassed those within the first 5 minutes of me being there. So let me describe some of the things that I felt stuck out to me about my experience and why I went to H3.

STAFF: Absolutely every single person at every single moment from the front desk, to the instructors, to the kitchen staff, and cleaning staff was respectful, kind, encouraging, helpful, and truly meant every word and smile given. And the CEO, Robert Moore, sat with us one afternoon for lunch at our table and spoke to each and everyone of us asking how our stays were going. Let me repeat that...the CEO! I have never been in an atmosphere such as this where the CEO is available, willing, and wanting to hear how his guests at his resort are enjoying or not enjoying their stay!

PROGRAM: Is simply amazing. Whether you are going there to lose a large amount of weight to get healthy, or you are there to learn more about getting healthy, or you just need to get away and refocus and want to learn a few things in between, this place is for you no matter what! I went because I had gained a few pounds over a few years and then had become increasingly stressed with life in general and this was like my own personal little Heaven tucked back in the island of Hilton Head, SC. I was able to take as many seminars or workout classes as I wanted, but then I was able to skip some and just reflect and enjoy my surroundings. To put it simply there's a schedule with times and which classes, seminars are offered and you choose what you want to do and what you expect to get out of the program and then you get it and then some.

OTHER GUESTS: One thing that struck me while there was how many "repeat" guests were there. All of the "repeat" guests I spoke with said they come back every so often because they feel like they get to live in a bubble and refocus there priories and learn so much each time they come back. I met people who had been there 2, 5, 7, 12 times! If this doesn't speak volumes to how wonderful they are I don't know what does!

FOOD: =A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

H3 is absolutely worth every single penny spent. I will be one of those "repeat" guests at some point and I hope that if you have any doubts or concerns about going, you let them go and book your trip NOW!

3 Thank dreamerwhoseawake
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2011

This weight loss spa really does live up to its reputation. I went there to kick-start weight loss and a healthy life-style change and by the end of two weeks I had certainly lost weight but that wasn’t the real gift of my stay at H3. I left knowing for the first time in my adult life that I now had the tools and the self-belief to actually let go of the considerable excess weight that I’ve heaved around for the last twenty plus years. There are people at H3 of every size, including those who were not perceptibly overweight but enjoyed the calorie controlled diet, education and exercise. There are regular lectures each day on aspects of wellness and healthy weight loss/ healthy weight maintenance, exercise adherence etc that I found really inspiring and I got it, finally, thousands of miles away from home, that I had to actively work at regaining and maintaining my health. Not only is it my number one priority but also the single biggest health concern of the 21st century and I found myself wondering how I had allowed myself to be duped. Against this backdrop the insanity of my binge eating, over-eating, comfort eating, basically every kind of eating, was placed into stark relief and I had a Eureka! moment that I hope I never lose. There was not a single exercise instructor, lecturer, member of the catering staff or staff member who didn’t give a 110%, which I think is just extraordinary. These guys must have over 100 years of combined knowledge working in weight loss and wellness and they have put together an amazingly effective program. The facilities are first class too, with a stunning pool area. They’ve invested in some excellent new treadmills and they make great use of the other equipment they have and recognise, I am sure, that some of the machines need updating, a pulse rate grip on the cross-trainer/elliptical is needed, for example. My accommodation was also lovely; a villa over-looking the golf course. I decided to share and would recommend this for all but the truly anti-social. Chief Executive Officer Robert Moore should be extremely proud of the team at H3, no doubt a reflection in part of his successful stewardship (just crack a smile more often and say hi to the guests!). I decided to continue my H3 odyssey by signing up for home coaching, a real bargain and every bit as inspired as the program.

4 Thank Dukesheba
RSMoore, President & CEO at Hilton Head Health, responded to this review, August 26, 2011
Thank you for your kind words – they’ve certainly brought a smile to my face.
Columbia, South Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed a week at Hilton Head Health to “get away from it all.” Wasn’t sure whether the program was set up for this kind of get-away but was pleasantly surprised. The staff’s counseling is excellent, the educational programs are enlightening, and the activities are not only geared toward physical fitness but mental fitness as well with yoga, early morning beach walks, and evening relaxation classes. The campus is located in a serene, natural setting and I enjoyed peaceful meditative areas of quiet calm. I’ve included pictures of the fountain area and lobby and one of the island’s gorgeous sunsets. A perfect healthy vacation to “unlearn” some bad habits and change to better ones.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
3 Thank Quest4Fitness
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed July 20, 2011

My condo was less than a mile away from the main facility-a beautiful community of condos, with a pool AND on the golf course. I could see golfers anytime during the day from the living room or the bedroom. The condo was fully furnished with many amenities. There was even a note from the owners asking to water the flowers in their garden. It was certainly a welcome to my new home for next four weeks, and the bed was just as good as mine at home.

I have to tell you that within 15 minutes of dinner being served on the first day, everyone had introduced themselves and had shared their hometown. By the end of my first meal, I knew this was the place for me, with a proven track record. Yes, I did my research and read both positive and very few negative responses from Hilton Head Health; but after meeting the staff and the people in my program, I NEVER LOOKED BACK AND I NEVER SECONDED GUESSED MYSELF THE ENTIRE STAY.

I was intimidated the first day or two wondering when I was going to have hunger pains. Not one day did I go hungry or crave that food that I had left behind in Virginia. Each day you had a choice of four, 40 minute exercise classes and two to three seminars. I never missed a seminar. I even learned on my last day there was a new seminar to begin the week after I left, so I asked the presenter to email me the power point and she agreed to do so. Again, another example of a quality program insuring their guests receive the most from their experience.

During my stay, I participated in the Cooking Healthy 3-Day Workshop. The first 90 minutes of the class we spent in the local grocery store learning all the things we need to be aware of to make better decisions for the future. I truly believe I will never ever go into a grocery store without remembering Amy Haynes; she was incredible, with nutritional information in order to allow us to make better decisions on what to buy. Plus, with the other 14 hours of cooking demonstrations and recipes total, I am now a believer. The first three dinners I made for my wife and son when I returned home were recipes that have now become recipes that will probably be repeated three of four times a month.

The experience was life changing, and I am so very proud of myself and my family to allow me this opportunity. I am already planning my return.
Huntley