“Great view & Great Food”

ELA'S Blu Water Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
ELA'S Blu Water Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #107 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: OMNI RESORT / MARRIOTT RESORT / WESTIN RESORT offer free shuttles to ELA'S Palmetto Dunes - DunesBuggy - free shuttle to ELA's
Description: Featured in Bon Appetit magazine and the winner of numerous Open Table awards, ELA's Blu Water Grille is a shining star on the Hilton Head scene. Fresh catch seafood and prime cut steaks of the highest quality, artfully prepared by our culinary team of experts, compliment the extensive boutique wine selection. Located at Shelter Cove Harbour overlooking the marina and Broad Creek, ELA's is known for the best water views on the island. A casual intimate interior, wrap around dining patio exterior, and nightly entertainment provided by local recording artists set the perfect dining experience or location to host special events, private parties, or rehearsal dinners
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My family and I had a great overall experience at Ela's. We arrived and we were promptly seated at a wonderful table overlooking the harbor. We ordered several starters including calamari which was the best I have ever eaten. Most of us had fish and shell fish all of which were cooked and seasoned perfectly. The desserts were as tasty as the main courses. This was a great meal and I look forward to dining here again soon.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Ela's is a lovely restaurant in a beautiful setting.
It all started so well. We ordered a nice bottle of Marlborough and were enjoying the views. The waiter initially was very helpful. He recommended the calamari. It was a good recommendation. My partner chose this and it was probably the best both of us have ever tasted. My lobster on tortilla chips was also delicious. So far, very promising!
I am not a slow eater but I don't wolf down my food in five minutes flat. The waiters were hanging around to pick up my plate. We sat down at about ten past seven and it was only half past. Literally as I finished my starter and put my knife and fork down, it was whipped away and my main was put into it's place! This is poor. A good quality restaurant should understand that short breaks between courses are the norm!
We both had fish for our main course. Pleasant but nothing special - a little disappointing in comparison to the wonderful starters.
We finished this and immediately asked if we wanted dessert. We weren't sure but to buy some time just said yes.
We pondered the menu for ten minutes until our waiter came out and said loudly to another waiter 'I've got lots of other people waiting for tables' and nodded over to us and another couple. We had ordered two courses, a bottle of wine and had been at our table for under an hour and then were being pushed out? Sorry, but unacceptable.
We could have stayed to be awkward but we're not like that.
A shame because such a promising start.....we weren't in a New York deli - we were having dinner in a high-end sea food restaurant. We should have been given at least a couple of hours.
There are lots of great reviews for this place. I can understand why in many respects. It seems we just struck unlucky with a tetchy waiter on the night.

3  Thank E D
Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

As a foodie I'm always on the hunt for a great dining experience - this was just that. fSo good we went back the second night - because we couldn't order it all the first night
Fine dining, the steaks were amazingly perfectly cooked, great wine list, beet Napoleon, tuna tartar. Make your reservation on Tuesdays where the fireworks can be seen in full sight! The waiters are a bit overworked but they were grateful to be serving grateful customers!

Reviewed July 13, 2014

great seafood quality. great views.
make sure to get seats outside on the upper level.
try the grouper or the tuna !
overall a bit pricey but won't disappoint

1  Thank ManofTastes
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

Upscale restaurant with nice view of harbor and live music. Service was so so. After ordering our entrees, didn't see waiter again until table had been cleared and were waiting on check. Food was good. Has the pretzel encrusted chicken which was delicious but a section was undercooked. Portion was large so it didn't really matter.