“Amazing experience, excellent captain”

Mega Bite Fishing Charters
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I brought my son along on a 4 hour excursion. Captain Kent wasted no time in catching a live well full of bait fish and then heading to some excellent spots for sharks. It was a full moon so the quarry gave him a run for his money but he found them and in numbers. My son was completely enraptured by every bird, dolphin, fish and jelly we encountered. He correctly identified nearly every shark we brought on board. Pulling a huge stingray was a treat. It was certainly a great memory to cherish for our lifetime but we'll be back to do it again, nonetheless. Cap'n was incredibly professional and friendly, even when I completely messed up one of his reels. He continued happily chatting while working to unravel the rats nest I had created in the line. Then he taught me how not to do that :)

All reviews
in 3 reviews
"bait"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Captain Kent made sure we had a great time. Easy to talk to and a lot of fun to be with. From the shark catch to the dolphin watching, Captain Kent is the best. Certainly going to be an addition to our activity list for our annual visit to Hilton Head Island. Thanks Captain. See ya next year.

1  Thank p h c
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I first went fishing with Capt. Kent 8 years ago. He stuck in my father's head as one of the best memories we have from visiting Hilton Head Island. As soon as we got on the boat he said "Lady luck is with us today! We're gonna catch some fish!" Our total count for the day were 10 sharks (3 species) and the ever elusive Bat Ray that broke the line but put up an exciting fight! Capt. Kent made for an excellent day of fishing & adventure with his charming characteristics & extensive knowledge of angling. A bonus at the end of the trip was a visit from a very friendly dolphin that came right up to the boat. I'll be sure to visit Capt Kent & the Megabite every time I'm in Hilton Head.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Captain Kent is awesome! He is very knowledgable about fishing and where to go to catch the sharks. Fishing started out slow, but Captain Kent made sure all four of us got to reel in a shark before we went back. It was so much fun! I would highly recommend Captain Kent if you want to go fishing in Hilton Head. Will definitely use again!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Went out on 6 hr trip with Kent. From the very beginning we felt at home. He is easy to talk to and has a lot of knowledge about the island and fishing. We caught several sharks most of which bit off the line or we cut the line. We weren't out there for "shark fishing" but the sharks apparently didn't get that memo including the 9-10 ft tiger shark my son caught! We caught some nice Spanish mackerel, cobia and sea bass. I was having trouble catching anything because I couldn't recognize a bite and respond quick enough. Kent was very patient with me and kept working with me by having me try different things. We were very pleased and are grateful to Kent for the awesome trip.

1  Thank Karendh