“STAYED FOR A WEEK” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Hilton Head
Chicopee, Massachusetts
“STAYED FOR A WEEK”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We went to Hilton Head Island for a week's vacation, I looked up this hotel like I do every hotel, on Trip Advisor, and read that the reviews were pretty good, so we booked it. When we first got there after a 8 1/2 hour ride, we walked into a customer that was trying to figure out his problems with reservations from a third party company that may have made a mistake booking his stay, after a while he was sent a side and we were next. The front desk clerk asked us how we were doing and my girlfriend said "tired" well it seemed like that wasn't the responds she wanted because she just kinda looked at her and asked our names? When we got to our room it smelled very clean and looked nice, we did ask for two queens beds and got one king but that was alright. We had a rain storm one of the nights with some lighting and the cable went out ? When I called the front desk he told me half the Island was out and it should only be an hour or so, well after like 3 hours I figured it wasn't gonna be back on that night. We ended up watching a movie on the Ipad. I was little surprised because it was only a little rain a lighting, but we dealt with it. We went to the beach one of the days and came back to take showers before heading back out, while I was waiting for my girlfriend to get done drying her hair, she said the water was off, I thought I was hearing things, but it was true ! I called down to the front desk and the same women who had the happy disposition when we first got there was working, she asked someone that must have been standing there if they shut the water off and told me they did and it would be about a half hour before it was back on? I have stayed in a lot of places but never had the water shut off before? We were just glad neither of us were in the middle of taking a shower when this happened. I can say the room was kept clean and besides some of the corks of the above mentioned it was a nice place. The breakfast was standard nothing really special, and the location was at the south end of the island so if you wanted to go to the beach it wasn't a long drive, maybe 5 minutes. I think this hotel, with a little work could be a first class place for a middle class budget.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JOHNNYB17
Addison A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Hello JOHNNYB17,

Thank you for the review on our property. I do apologize for our mishaps. We are currently under a very small renovation and we should of made guests aware that the water was going to be shut off for a small period of time. I have spoken with our Maitnenance supervisor and we have discussed future protocol's for those sitiuations.

I have also put a call into our cable provider to explain that we had several guests complain about the cable outage that night. They where extremely apologetic and said if that sitiuation arrises again that the turn around time would be quicker.

Again, thank you for the review and I hope that you choose to stay at the Hampton Inn on HIlton Head Island again JOHNNYB17.

Hampton Inn on HIlton Head Island

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
garrettsville, Ohio, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staff is great, but hotel is showing its age. Needs updated. Tile floor in bathroom looked dirty due to the old grout, mold in the shower. Made me wonder whether the room was as clean as I would expect a Hampton Inn to be. Room size was average. Parking spaces are way too small. The complimentary breakfast was great as usual; however, we had a difficult time finding places to sit in the small eating area. Overall, would probably stay here again after checking other options. Really like Hampton Inns, but this one needs a remodel soon.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Paula F,

Thank you for the review about our property. We are undergoing a small renovation as we speak and we are refreshing a lot of things that you mentioned. Please come back and visit the Hampton Inn on Hilton Head Island to see what we have changed!

Columbia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We completely enjoyed ourselves on this get-away weekend with friends. The Hampton Inn Hilton Head Island is a clean, comfortable place to stay ~ the air conditioner in the room was fabulous! The pool was refreshing and the breakfast was good ~ and the complimentary popcorn in the afternoon and cookies in the evening were a very pleasant surprise! We played tennins on the Chaplin Community Center public courts nearby and were a short drive to visit friends staying in Harbour Town. The stop at the Tanger Outlets on the way home was a bonus! Excellent place to stay.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Robin C
Addison A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Hello Robin C,

Thank you for the review about our property! We appreiciate your kind words and hope you make a trip back to the Hampton Inn on Hilton Head Island.

Director of sales
Minneapolis, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

I experienced no problems while staying here. The room was what I expected. The mini fridge was a nice addition. The breakfast was pretty standard but free so can't complain. Overall good value. It's a good drive to the beach but if you have a rental car (which you pretty much require on hilton head) it's not a big deal since there is free beach parking and free hotel parking.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Kelly M
Kelly M,

Thank you for taking time out of your day to write a review on our property! We hope that you choose the Hampton Inn on Hilton Head island for your stay again! Thank you Kelly M.

Harrisonburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Staff was friendly and helpful. The hotel was quiet and was very family friendly. I was here for business, but I would feel 100% happy taking my family here next time. The pool is a little small. Across the street is a shopping area including restaurants and grocery store. Room had a well working refrigerator to keep drinks cold.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Senoia, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Rooms were clean, front desk was nice and helpful. Breakfast was not very good and we found a hair in the food one day. There were no plates another day and the quality of the food was just not good. Thank God for cereal. We were only a mile from the beach and that was nice and we also had a Sam's Club across the street.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Addison A, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Hilton Head, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Claudia P,

I want to thank you for the feedback. I do apologize about your experience with our breakfast and I will make sure that I say something to our breakfast staff about the issues you had while staying here.

Thank you for taking the time to write the review and I hope we see you again Claudia P.

Thank you Claudia P.

Hilton Head, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

I'm picky when it comes to hotel rooms and this one was a great choice. Particularly liked that the Duvets on the beds are washed for each new arrival and we were informed of thier cleanliness with a post it note on the headboard. I usually fold the comforter or bedspread down first thing as I have no idea how long since it's been washed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Dan P,

Thank you for the kind words about our property. Our housekeeping staff takes pride in what they do and they would love to hear that they received praise from a guest.

Again, thank you Dan P.