“great start to our vacation” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn Hilton Head

Hampton Inn Hilton Head
Ranked #8 of 29 Hotels in Hilton Head
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“great start to our vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We once again had a great stay at this hampton inn. the desk clerks especially nate m. were very very on top of things. they handled everything for us immediately. when you drive for hours these are the type of people you want to deal with. thank you all. we were there on july 7th to 8th. thanks again for your awesome help.

Room Tip: we had a family suite which was perfect for us. and very roomy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank GWbw1

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Muskego, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Decided to stay the night in Hilton Head enroute to Savannah, GA. Booked the morning of our arrival and went with Hampton because of price and past experiences with the brand. Arrived about an hour early and had no issue checking in. Front desk clerk was very nice and suggested we move our car down to the end of the building to be closer to our room. Room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast was mixed, the fresh waffles from the waffle maker were good but the omelet was not. Convenient location on the island with free parking, breakfast and wi-fi for a lot less than the resorts.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank Lee P
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

We stayed one night at this hotel. We were allowed to check in 2 hours early which was very much appreciated. Our room was quiet, comfortable, clean, and priced correctly for Hilton Head. The front desk staff was efficient. The pool was very nice and seemed to be monitored for removal of trash and used towels that can accumulate around hotel pools. We particularly liked the freshly made cookies and popcorn that appeared in the lobby for guests. The breakfast was better than the average chain breakfast with lots of fresh fruit available.

1 Thank GinMcG
Evans, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Day 1 - My wife and had reservations for Saturday and Sunday night for a double queen. Arriving around noon Saturday we stopped by for a restroom break and to let the clerk know we were in town hoping to get in before regular check in time and to get a king room instead. He gave me his card and told me to call around 2 for an update. We showed back up around 2 instead and the room was ready and the upgrade to a king had been available. I'm very pleased with this part. Next, we get to our room and of course it's hot so we turn on the a/c. Uhhh, it doesn't work. I called down and a maintenance man showed up in minutes. Ultimately he and I changed out the entire unit. I'm still happy so far.

Day 2 - We get up sort of late and head down for breakfast at 945. The line is down the hall! Oh well, its my own fault but we eat and it's fine. We get ready to leave and as I'm walking down the hall I see a housekeeper shaking out a toilet bush on the hallway carpet! How gross. We come back hours later (around 4) and find our room hasn't been touched. My wife wants a nap so she calls and asks when they will be there to clean and is told they will be right there. So we go sit by the pool (which is very nice) and wait. While waiting my wife checks our bank account and discovers we have been charged nearly 50% more than what our confirmation email stated. She goes right in and reports this and is assured it will be taken care of. Around 5:30 she heads up for her nap and the room still has not been cleaned so right back to the clerk we go. Within 10 mins the same maintenance guy from Saturday shows up to do it. By now my wife is asleep so we just get fresh towels from him and thank him. He was a very nice man.

Check out day - We have a casual breakfast that is the same as the day before, review our bill (corrected), and discuss what our fee for helping change the a/c and cleaning our own room should be! Lol, ok, we didn't really discuss fees but this was not our best experience with a Hampton. I would not discourage anyone from staying there as it was still a good value but there is usually room for improvement anywhere and they are no exception. I would stay here again.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012

Stumbled upon this awesome hotel by chance when our trip to Charleston flopped...The service was AWESOME, the room was SOOO clean, the bed was really comfortable & they truly made us feel appreciated! We actually have been so sad to leave! We ended up staying 4 nights and can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Continental breakfast was REALLY awesome! Everyday they had the basics, but also a variety of "...
2 Thank JPeace1122
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Ideal for families and business travelers alike, this gem of a hotel never disappoints. The recently renovated rooms are especially attractive, and the guest service is always outstanding.
Conveniently located to beaches, golf, Main Street restaurants/shopping/entertainment, airport, and more, this property consistently meets all my needs. I've stayed at this property many, many times and would not choose any other hotel on the Island. To a person, the staff goes out of their way to provide truly exceptional service.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Jane D
c
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

In the past, we’ve stayed at various chain hotels. From motels that badly needed a coat of paint to 5-stars located at the center of everything, we’ve been to them all. We’re budget-minded travellers, but we are too lazy to plan ahead. As a result, we tend to scramble for last-minute deals, which sometimes do got us into less-than-ideal situations. Good thing is, we don’t usually come with a lot of expectations–a hotel is nothing but a makeshift home after all–so we seldom come away too disappointed.

We like to cook a little where we go–nothing fancy, just some hot food and veggie soups and such. So we love to stay at places that are equipped with in-room mini-fridges and microwaves. For some reason, most high-end hotels don’t provide these things. It’s as if people who are rich enough for 5-star treatment are too busy or too above it to cook–imagine Bill Gates drive by with a stock pot on the passenger seat. :-)

And I’ve never been to a Hilton that offers complimentary breakfast.

This is why we had a pleasant surprise when we checked into this Hampton Inn. Their breakfast line-up is amazing. It’s much better than continental, almost like buffet. Believe it or not, I had never had omelets before. While staying at this place, I tried my first omelet in my life, and 2 flavors (on two days) at that. You can sprinkle raisins and walnuts on hot oats, but I prefer to stir them in yogurt. Hot biscuits with sausage gravy are another of our favorites. For the health-conscious, they offer multi-grain bread and fresh fruits as part of their breakfast menu. Not a whole lot, but at least they’re included. And the best of all, it’s free.

I was glad to find that they actually use white quilts in the room. I can’t tell you how many hotels we stayed in the past were furnished with those neutral-colored quilts. Heaven knows if they’re washed at all. I always asked my kids to sit on the very edge of the bed or stand, if they can manage it. :-) At one hotel, I saw by chance how they made bed. First, they threw everything on the floor, and then they made it up piece by piece. At this Hampton Inn, they move everything to a table and then do it, which is the way I make bed at home. I never throw any clean linen to the floor. I don’t know about you, but this matters a lot for me.

Also, I like that they separate the toilet from the sink. So if someone is using the bathroom, others can still wash up. And it’s awkward to poop and cook at the same time in the same room. The smells don’t mix, you know. :-)

Let me wrap up by saying that I actually enjoyed my stay there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family