“Unexpectedly Delicious”
Review of Trattoria Divina

Trattoria Divina
Reserve with OpenTable
Trattoria Divina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 383 Restaurants in Hilton Head
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pope Ave & Greenwood Drive
Description: Chef Hugo Lee brings his culinary expertise from San Diego with over 23 years of experience creating Italian food that surprises and delights our patrons. From the Lobster Pot Pie to the Ice Sculpture Sorbet, everything presented is made TO ORDER and on premise. Chef Hugo prepares everything from sauces, pastas and soups from scratch daily. Located in Park Plaza outside the Sea Pines gate, Trattoria Divina offers fine dining Italian food like the island has never seen before.
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect when looking over the menu. Quite a few things I wasn't familiar with, but it turn out great. Food was excellent, service was excellent, and so was the atmosphere.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

This was our first time at this restaurant and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere is wonderful and the service was exceptional. Thank you, Dominic. The food was fresh and very flavorful. This one goes on our must-do again list for Hilton Head Island.

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We enjoyed a delicious meal here on a Saturday night. We came with friends who had been before but this was our first visit.

We sat in the wine room which is small and intimate and quieter. Our server, Paige, was outstanding!

We started out with a taste of Prosecco and a tiny caprese "gift" from the chef. A taste of good things to come. We ordered alot of the specials so they will not be listed on the menu and I only hope I can give you a good description if not the exact name. We had the bread salad special and it was not only beautiful but delicious. My husband ordered the gazpacho. He, who loves and eats everything, said it was too spicy and "not as good as mine". Paige took it off our bill (now that's a server who knows how to make the customer happy). The two ladies ordered the Shrimp and Scallops over Angel Hair Pasta Special and the guys ordered the Halibut with Beans, Artichokes and Asparagus special. We were all delighted and the ladies got to bring home enough for another meal. The men cleaned their plates.

You would think we could not squeeze in dessert but sharing a Creme Brulee and the Bananas Foster Cheesecake (OMG) did not deter us. They were just too good to pass up. The carmelized bananas - yum, yum and double yum! I am not a creme brulee fan (I'd eat it if all the desserts in the world were taken) but our friends loved it.

The three of them shared a bottle of red wine and I drank club soda with lime. (Normally I will have a glass of white but we had enjoyed nibbles and wine at home). I was just about to ask for more club soda when the fantastic Paige showed up with more soda and lime! Anticipating - that's good!

We talked briefly with the chef as we were leaving and heard the story about the bar (beautiful), the artwork by the SCAD students and admired the murals in the larger dining room.

Even though we live in Beaufort (which is an hour away) I know we will make it back to Tratorria Divina. It is just a warm, welcoming and wonderful place.

1  Thank Edie S
Reviewed August 17, 2014

We dined at Trattoria Divina our last night of vacation, which is always reserved for our most special meal out. We've eaten here previously and anticipated another solid experience, but this time we were disappointed. Our server was adequate in his enthusiasm and responsiveness, but did not see the big picture. There were seven of us (3 kids), and we placed very simple orders. All but mine came out so I waited in hungry anticipation. What else could I do but have another glass of wine? When my meal finally came, it was what I expected, but I had to order an additional "wine by the glass" since the bottle was now empty due to the wait (this was after salad and appetizers - please note I'm not a lush). Although there was acknowledgement of the issue by management regarding my meal, no gesture was put forth to make up for the inconvenience (at least offer a dessert or comp my glass of wine since any chain restaurant would have made such an offer). Needless to say, this really grated on my wife and myself. To make matters worse, when the bill arrived I was informed that the tip was included at 20% of the entire bill (including the bottle and the glass of wine which I normally wouldn't have ordered). We always tip 20% + when worthy, but I resented the fact that in this instance the decision was forced upon me. However, I did not want to argue and totally ruin our final night, so resentfully let it go. Unfortunately we will not be back. However, due to the quality of food, I did not think it was fair to rate the restaurant less than 3 stars (I'm not that type of reviewer). I hope this issue was an anomaly, but I don't want to go back to find out.

2  Thank DFNJ
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

The tuna tartar was amazing with fresh avocados and a great dressing. The caprese salad with heirloom tomatoes was just like a caprese in a cafe in Italy. Wine selection is extensive, with an excellent selection of Italian wines. Chef Lee's specials are the ones to try, however ordering off the menu is great too. Andre was our waiter and he was very attentive, and the owner even checked in on us. This is great for family or a romantic dinner. Definitely the best Italian I have had out of Italy.